Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Pride Post Fight Interviews (Spoilers)

Thanks a bunch to Tensei on sherdog for translating the Japanese:

Pawel Nastula

-- It was a great victory for you.
    - I am very happy about the results.

-- Why didn't you go for a submission early on?
    - I thought it was too early. His arms were slippery too.

-- Your impressions of Drago?
    - He was a boxer so I completely changed my training. I practiced new breathing techniques and how to use my energy effectively, my striking advanced. I think I was able to show those improvements in the fight.

-- Do you feel yourself improving in MMA?
    - I don't want to be conceited, but probably. This match showed my progress as a fighter. But I still have alot I have to train.

-- How much did your punches evolve?
    - That's not for me to decide, the fans can determine that. My match just ended so I can't really say, but I did gain some confidence.

-- Did receiving his strikes make you nervous?
    - No, I felt composed.

-- Who would you like to fight next?
    - The Japanese are skilled, so a Japanese fighter.

-- Such as?
    - Anyone.

-- When's your next match?
    - Earlier the better. I'm not injured, so anytime is good.

The Axe Murderer

SILVA (on the ring): I decided to enter this GP because my fans were cheering for me. I won because of everyone that supported me. I actually broke my rib 3 weeks ago. But I trained very intensely for this fight. I really want to show my appreciation to the fans. It's because of you guys that Pride is the world's number one event. I want to train some more and have an exciting match in September too.

-- What are your thoughts on the fight?
    - My opponent was very tough, I was surprised. I'm glad I was able to put on an exciting performance and win.

-- Who would you like to fight next?
    - It's a GP, I'll fight anybody. I didn't have a long training period this time around. Next time I'll have alot of time to prepare, so I want to show a good fight. Mirko, Nogueira, Josh, I'll fight anyone, I just want to show a great fight for the fans.

-- Did you feel the weight difference between you and Fujita?
    - I always look for a challenge. I think that's the most important thing. In life as well as martial arts there are difficulties, but one can only grow if he overcomes those obstacles. I wanted people to see my will to face a challenge despite the weight difference. I don't know if I'll win or lose, but I want to keep challenging myself for the fans.

Kazayuki Fujita

- I was completely defeated, nothing more to say.

-- Did you feel that there was a significant difference in strength?
    - It's not over.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Vitor Belfort

-- Were you going for that punch?
    - Yeah I was. My Old Me returned. I'm mon track now. The Vitor Belfort that the fans wanted to see has come back.

-- If you were to grade yourself?
    - My coach game me an A+, the highest rating. I had various troubles until now. I overcame those and now I'm able to focus on training. I'm ready to make a come back.

-- What now?
    - I'd fight anyone. I don't fight for something, my joy is to be able to fight in Pride.

-- You'll stay at MW?
    - This is a good division. I have power and speed here.

Yoshiki Takahashi

-- Did you see the punch?
    - Not at all. Was it a straight? I didn't see it.

-- Do you remember the fight?
    - That was it. I also remember tackling and falling and coming to right away.

-- It was a short fight, what was your impressions of Vitor?
    - I didn't feel any pressure so I don't really feel anything at all. It was my carelessness, I'm appalled at myself.

-- Were you caught off guard?
    - Not really, I tried to do something different from my previous fights but that didn't really work out, I got KO'ed. It was a bad strategy.

-- What do you need to work on?
    - I have to train more. It's all KO's, as I age my training is becoming a set pattern so I want to train all out like when I was younger.

-- What did TK say to you after the fight?
    - He said "let's try again." I can't end here, Fujita is pushing himself so I want to keep going too.
    ***No source checks!!!***

CroCop

-- Did you feel Yoshida was strong?
    - He waws strong physically. I was almost taken down twice, and I praise his courage to step into my range.

-- What was your gameplan?
    - I didn't really have one, I just wanted to decide in the fight. My first lowkick had an effect so I thought he couldn't defend them well. I fought safely.

-- You don't look too happy.
    - I'm happy about the results, but I want to respect my opponents and not parade around.

-- Who do you want to fight next?
    - I have to fight 2 out of the 3 for the belt anyways, who cares about the order. I just want the belt.

-- Who's the most dangerous?
    - I fought all three before. All three are the top fighters of the world. I want to be able to face anyone. It'll be a tough night, but I believe I will be the last one standing.

-- Do you feel disappointed that Fedor isn't particicpating?
    - Not disappointed, it's an injury so it couldn't be helped. We'll meet again.

-- You don't really like tournaments?
    - Luck affects tournaments alot. I don't really like it, but it's the rules.

Hidehiko Yoshida

-- How's your legs?
    - It's just swollen.

-- Were the lows effective?
    - Hell yeah they were effective. I prepared for the middle and high kicks, but I didn't expect the lows and he took advantage.

-- What was your gameplan?
    - Strike a bit, take away his stamina, and then draw him into the ground. I was planning for a long war. It didn't go as planned though. Mirko was very strong.

-- The uchimata (inner leg trip) didn't work.
    - I thought I could throw him, but he was strong.

-- What's next for you?
    - I will rest for a bit, then think from there. I feel disappointed in myself because he took me down with lowkicks that I failed to prepare for.

I got to laugh at Vitor, once again bla bla bla.."The old me is back", "I am focused"...what changed from 1 1/2 weeks ago when he lost to Overeem..oh yeah, he fought a can.

He needs to fight someone who will fight back and beat them before thinking about spouting "I'm back"

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I got to laugh at Vitor, once again bla bla bla.."The old me is back", "I am focused"...what changed from 1 1/2 weeks ago when he lost to Overeem..oh yeah, he fought a can.

He needs to fight someone who will fight back and beat them before thinking about spouting "I'm back"
    lol so true. unrelated but man that's 2 fights in quick succession.

Thread Information