zodiac666 is offline Senior Member

smashing machine

could have ruled the MMA world, damn shame

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R6Mdgygja...ch=mark%20kerr

juiceboxxx is offline Banned
    tough guy but a very dirty fighter I dont like it! I cant believe the refs never stopped any of those fights when the men almost killed his opponents.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    How was mark kerr a dirty fighter? He's probably one of the best sportsman in MMA.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    What the hell was he injecting? He looks pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    What the hell was he injecting? He looks pretty crazy.

Opiate based painkillers......mostly nubain.

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    What did he inject?

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    Opiate based painkillers......mostly nubain.
    Damn

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by FranKieC
    What did he inject?
    See above.

Big papa already explained it to me.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Mark Kerr was supposed to fight in May but dropped out hours before he was supposed to fight.

AFC 2: Lies, propaganda, and no Mark Kerr
    May 7th, 2006
    AFC 2: Lies, propaganda, and no Mark Kerr

The anticipated return of the “Smashing Machine” Mark Kerr turned out to be a meretricious ruse perpetrated with frightening competency by Rico Vecc and American Championship Fighting Saturday night at the Denver Coliseum in Denver, Colorado.

The idea of a possible return by Mark Kerr was something that never totally left the collective consciousness of the Mixed Martial Arts community. Even the rumor of a return of the former number one fighter in the world, the “Smashing Machine” Mark Kerr was enough to make people nostalgic. There’s a built in captive audience here with idealistic sentiments that Mark Kerr just might emerge from the darkness of addiction and regain the paradise he lost via a needle.

The belief that the overdue return of Kerr to American soil was eminent was fueled by constant promotion on MMA news sites, forums, and radio shows. In the weeks leading up to the fight, Kerr took time to promote the fight and open his soul to share the whole story behind The Smashing Machine documentary. At some point during this process the rhetoric of the “return of Kerr or the return of the Smashing Machine” emerged. In retrospect, it seemed almost brilliant to build up Mark Kerr’s fight with Wes Sims on Saturday as the next chapter in The Smashing Machine film saga. People love vérité film making and reality television because there’s an equal chance of seeing salvation or a human train wreck.

The problem is that there seems to be some doubt regarding the validity of American Championship Fighting’s intent to actually deliver a Mark Kerr and Wes Sims fight. Once the captive audience had already purchased tickets they were beyond the point of no return…

Numerous factual discrepancies surfaced at the beginning of the show when the announcer said that Mark Kerr wouldn’t be fighting due to a hand injury. He summarily said “scratch that” and asserted to that Kerr would indeed be fighting. Being at the show in a journalistic capacity, this slip or whatever it was sent up red flags for me. I went to seek out a member of the American Championship Fighting staff to ask about the status of the Kerr vs. Sims fight. I was told directly that Kerr would be fighting. Maybe an hour later at approximately 8:40 P.M. (Mountain Time), Mark Kerr walked down to the cage with ACF owner Rico Vecc to address the crowd. Kerr said that his hand was broken and that he would be unable to fight. He continued by saying that he had seen three doctors in hopes of finding someone who would clear him to fight. The most troubling admission of the entire night came next when Mark Kerr stated that he found out thirty-six hours ago that his hand was broken. Here’s the suspicious part, the weigh-ins for the event took place on Friday, May 5th at 7:00 P.M. inside The Palladium Night Club in Denver, Colorado. If a strict interpretation of Kerr’s timeline regarding his broken hand is to be believed, then he knew about his injury for several hours before he weighed in. The ACF nor Kerr issued a press release or any other formal communication pertaining to Kerr’s injury or a subsequent intention to cancel the fight.

In a shocking display, after Mark Kerr finished his announcement, Wes Sims entered the cage to address the crowd. Sims incendiary remarks served to only further agitate an already hostile crowd. At one point, Sims ripped of his warm-up pants to show the crowd he had his fight shorts on as a sign of his willingness to fight Kerr, or anyone else. The situation only deteriorated when Rico Vecc announced that he would award the ACF world heavyweight championship to Wes Sims on an interim basis. The irony of having an essentially meaningless and imaginary championship belt awarded to him was not lost on Sims. In a moment of impressive clarity, Wes Sims faced the crowd and professed that, “a belt doesn’t mean anything unless you stomp someone’s ass to get it”. It’s truly a troubling experience when Wes “The Project” Sims is the voice of reason.

In a fantastically bizarre finale, Mark “The Hammer” Coleman entered the cage from seemingly no where and took the microphone: obviously agitated, Coleman proceeded to the edge of the cage where he began a profanity laced tirade directs at some unknown persons in the front row.

Sufficiently disgusted, I took that as my signal to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    How was mark kerr a dirty fighter? He's probably one of the best sportsman in MMA.
    um...........did you even watch the video?

I mean if thats aloud then fine but he head butted the shyt out of the guys he was fighting and the dumb refs were just watching!

All the fighters kept tapping and the ref was still watching. Thats just dumb! what if the guy would have died?

Quil is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceboxxx

I mean if thats aloud then fine but he head butted the shyt out of the guys he was fighting and the dumb refs were just watching!

All the fighters kept tapping and the ref was still watching. Thats just dumb! what if the guy would have died?
    Dude, MMA rules have changed considerably over the years. Did you also notice they weren't wearing gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by Quil
    Dude, MMA rules have changed considerably over the years. Did you also notice they weren't wearing gloves?
    yes but I didn't know how old that videos was

bahh!!

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    ive seen most of Kerr's fights and he is not a dirty fighter at all. (watch Kerr vs branko cekitic) and you will see a dirty fighter. actually watch just about any branko video. branko was an entertaining fighter though.

if the ref doesnt stop it in time that doesnt make the winner a dirty fighter. ive also seen plenty of fights where someone is getting the shit kicked out of them and somehow they get aholed of a ankle or elbow or something

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    tough guy but a very dirty fighter I dont like it! I cant believe the refs never stopped any of those fights when the men almost killed his opponents.

like he said in the video, he stopped them from hurting him. i'd say he did a pretty dang good job

UMM do you know what Vale Tudo is? Headbutting, eye gouging, and sticking your fingers in opponents cuts is all legal in Vale Tudo. Everyone does it. Vale Tudo in portugese means "Fight without rules"

Quote Originally Posted by Quil

In Vale Tudo it is all still legal. Vale Tudo fights take place in Brazil.

UFC before it was sanctioned all that was legal. When it became sanctioned after the Fertitta brothers bought it they started with the rules and rounds.

double post
    Last edited by calidude; 07-26-2006 at 07:26 PM. Reason: double post

Thread Information