zimmy is offline Anabolic Member

training with mentally ill people?

I'm just curious about your thoughts about this. I"m a pretty open person but i found myself discriminating a bit. There is a guy in my brazilian Jiu jitsu class who just started and he is schitzophranic (or however you spell it) and has some kind of mood disorder (i can't remember but i think he said bi polar maybe?) n e way... I really don't wanna spar with the guy just because the medicines seem to slow his thinking down a bit... i'm afraid he's gonna take an armbar or choke too far :| Any of you guys have any expereince w/ this?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Don't get submitted by him, or make sure you spar with him first everytime while you have a full gas tank.
    ***No source checks!!!***

twosocks40 is offline Member
    Is this guy really aggressive? If he is timid and slow then I would say don't hurt him but if he is aggressive and hopped up on meds then I'd say nothing calms a person down more than a slice of humility.....tap tap

P.S. You may have to do this on each of his personalities until they all learn.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by twosocks40
    P.S. You may have to do this on each of his personalities until they all learn.

Yeah, your sitting there and the guy say's "I just want you to know that i have never been submitted before" and you look at him like is crzy cause you tapped him 2x in the last 3 minutes and you say "I just tapped you twice Bob, and he looks at you in confusion and replies "Bob, my name is Chris".

I would just get up and walk off, screw that mess.
    ***No source checks!!!***

naw...he just seems heavily sedated tooo passive.

A skitzo trained to beat the shit out of people, Jesus thats all the world needs.

simm is offline Senior Member
    I was diagnosed wiv bi-polar..I am prescribed headache medication that makes me see shadows and i get agressive for no apparent reason now..lol
    Bi=polar comes on in episodes of depression mainly month on plus a month or so off (feel ok time)! I have no probs sparring and stoppin submission attempts plus submitting peoples asses...lol
    Schizophrenics are a whole new ball game..You submit a schizo too many times and make sure you leave the gym via the back door whilst he left the front door earlier ;-)

napoleon is offline Banned
    if he's schizo...

what the hell... shouldn't mental patients be in therapy.?

Smart-tony is offline Member
    You should talk with the training teacher and tell him how you don't feel comfortable with the guy.

well...i'll tell him after the trial period is over...you know most newbs quit after a month or so anyway. And he doens't train with me cus i'm in the advanced classes... so i'll just wait.

Thread Information