Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Rolling with Chicks!?!?!?!

We have a few girls who train at the BJJ studio. I rolled with one the other night and wanted to get some opinions. This particular girl is a white belt and weighs about 100lb with her gi. She's obviously pretty tough by virtue of the fact that she trains so much but, in what way should I roll so that we both can benefit. I'm so much stronger and larger than her that I could pain tap her or choke her EVERY time (I do no think this will be the case as she improves but....)

What I did, was the following. I rolled slowly but made myself heavy so she had to use her strength and technique to move around me. I ended up tapping her by two different chokes that I applied very slowly but I DID continue to add pressure until she tapped. Then, I kept letting her get the mount and would give her opportunites for armbars/americanas/etc and let her work her moves. She knows some good finishes but she's new and sloppy so I wouldn't tap until I HAD to (you know, I would be injured if I didn't). I easily slipped out of her first armbar attempt and then gave her the same opportunity a minute later....OUCH!!! She's a quick study. Later, she had a triangle choke going that just wasn't sunk right so I ended up practising my breathing control but never tapped cause there was no reason.

I'm rambling but if I'm too easy on her, I'm really not doing her any favors for real life as I don't want her to have a false sense of security about her ability to defend herself BUT I don't want to kick her ass around either.

Any thoughts?

twosocks40 is offline Member
    Sounds like you are doing the right thing. Work your defense and let her work her offense and technique. You don't gain anything by tapping her, which you could do 9 out of 10 times in 60 seconds I'm sure. Save your attacks for the dudes. We have a few chicks too. I have grabbed a hand full of boobies a few times by accident, creates quite the ackward moment.

sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by twosocks40
    Sounds like you are doing the right thing. Work your defense and let her work her offense and technique. You don't gain anything by tapping her, which you could do 9 out of 10 times in 60 seconds I'm sure. Save your attacks for the dudes. We have a few chicks too. I have grabbed a hand full of boobies a few times by accident, creates quite the ackward moment.
    Man i got to get into Jiu Jitsu, if i ever break up with my current girlfriend i will think about it LOL.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Triangle Choke

Quote Originally Posted by twosocks40
    It's a bit awkward, I agree. I told you she had me in a triangle choke......forever. You can imagine where my face was. A little wierd.

trashydiva24 is offline Female Member

training with girls

ok... as a chix that trains MMA (jiu jitsu with/without gi; muay thai, & boxing) i have the following input::::: don't be an ass and make that girl work!!!! you aren't doing her any favors by 'letting' her try for submissions.... if she doesn't get them then that is her mistake... hopefully she is asking questions as to why she didn't get that armbar or triangle choke... with gi it is a whole different ball game... there are alot of moves that you can use for both... but with the gi it gives girls more 'options'... bjj is all about technique, sure strength helps with sweeping your opponent, but nothing beats SKILL (i take that back... not wearing a sports bra under the gi will distract the boys in the class )

i have run into guys not knowing how to train with me... i tell them that if they don't want to go for the moves then they are going to get submitted because i am going @ 110%... We are there to train... if girls are just going through the motions, then get off the matt and do a taebo class... but seriously if you need some more help just PM me

p.s. i charge the boys $5, after the first time, if they grab a boob or stay toooooooooo long in the groin area after the triangle is over
    Last edited by trashydiva24; 09-17-2006 at 02:49 AM.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I was teaching a class once and had a guy lay down and instructed the girl to take the mount position..she declined saying that she did not feel comportable doing that.

Anyways, we had one girl that was a bit hefty..she trained with all the guys for years and would put a beating on alot of the guy's...i remember her schooling some new kid in front if his chick..it was funny. She was tough as nails and usually always took 1st in SJJ.
    ***No source checks!!!***

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I train with smaller people alot since there aren't many people my size in my class. You should be able to apply only the amount of weight/strength that some one in her weight class would use. If you are a lower belt... you'll get that control later.

napoleon is offline Banned
    Bro... I would choke her out. Peroid.

*sigh*... the point of sparring shouldn't be so focused on submissions and tapping your partner.

Mark Yager is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trashydiva24
    p.s. i charge the boys $5, after the first time, if they grab a boob or stay toooooooooo long in the groin area after the triangle is over
    ROTFL

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    occasional breast contact is OK as long as you don't squeeze and yell "HONK!"

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    *sigh*... the point of sparring shouldn't be so focused on submissions and tapping your partner.

Bro... you take things far too seriously...

been told that b4 :P

Minimart is offline Junior Member
    i think that would be pertty cool to roll with a chick get use to all kinds of oppents and see what they do and what you do.

Minimart is offline Junior Member
    i think that the point of sparing should go something like this one person work defense and the other try for a submisson and if you mess up go back and see where you messed up and correct. Pratice makes perfect.

yep... but we're talking about chiqs here...

I'd be happy to choke them out.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by napoleon
    yep... but we're talking about chiqs here...

I'd be happy to choke them out.
    how is working out your nut sac comming along?

Been taking some hand pads to the groin and trying to meditate them into moving the sack ...... up up and away.....

Surprising but it starts to feel good.

Flextime333 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    occasional breast contact is OK as long as you don't squeeze and yell "HONK!"
    Exactly

Thread Information