collar is offline Anabolic Member

ufc type of fighting.

I am just wondering anyone know where i can watch fights and clips of ufc type of fighting.
    like the no rules type of fighting.

thanks.
    im from aus so we dont get this type of fighting, no idea why not.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Pm muriloninja bro he always has mma fights.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    youtube man... or google video "mma"

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah go to those sites and search for 'fedor' 'crocop' 'gomi' 'joe riggs' (j/k) etc.

btw imo K1 puts on the best fights in the business.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks guys.

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    Youtube.com, Dailymotion.com or you can get them from the ufc website.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    btw imo K1 puts on the best fights in the business.
    If you're talking about MMA, then you mean Pride. K1 is a joke. It's little more than boxing with a few kicks thrown in. Le Banner used to be one of the biggest guys in K1, but now he's average. Several K1 fighters (Crocop, Hunt, etc.) have left K1 and gone over to Pride. Also, K1 is full of giants (Bob Sapp, Hong-Man Choi, Akebono, Semmy Schilt, etc.) with little or no technique, no stamina, and very little excitement. No doubt they're getting paid, 'cause Japanese love to see two foreign freaks going at it, but that's about it. I've been to both K1 and Pride and there's no contest - Pride is waaaaay better.

Quote Originally Posted by CSAR
    If you're talking about MMA, then you mean Pride. K1 is a joke. It's little more than boxing with a few kicks thrown in. Le Banner used to be one of the biggest guys in K1, but now he's average. Several K1 fighters (Crocop, Hunt, etc.) have left K1 and gone over to Pride. Also, K1 is full of giants (Bob Sapp, Hong-Man Choi, Akebono, Semmy Schilt, etc.) with little or no technique, no stamina, and very little excitement. No doubt they're getting paid, 'cause Japanese love to see two foreign freaks going at it, but that's about it. I've been to both K1 and Pride and there's no contest - Pride is waaaaay better.
    apples to oranges. k1 is kickboxing - clinching and pride is mma. i happen to think k1's format produces consistently spectacular fights, and i would think most people would agree with me. btw since when did pride stop doing freak/misfit shows? they've had sapp, giant silva, henry miller, dos caras, jr., james thompson, etc.

btw schilt isn't a freak; he's arguably the best striker in the world.

apples to oranges. k1 is kickboxing - clinching and pride is mma. i happen to think k1's format produces consistently spectacular fights, and i would think most people would agree with me. btw since when did pride stop doing freak/misfit shows? they've had sapp, giant silva, henry miller, dos caras, jr., james thompson, etc.

I don't know if you've ever attended an actual K1 or Pride fight, but there ain't much kicking in K1 these days. Remy Bonjasky and a few others might be exceptions to this, but it's closer to boxing with a few kicks thrown in. Sapp, Giant Silva, and the other dudes that Japanese refer to as "monsters" left Pride a while ago. Pride was losing money on those types of fighters because the audiences wanted to see guys who could actually fight. I agree that Pride went through a phase of freak/misfit shows, but that experiment failed. Schilt - the best striker in the world? Only on planet J.S.N. Schilt had his ass beaten by Choi last year...where was your argued "best striker in the world" then? I like how Schilt uses his knees and his left jab, but his punches lack power. He's just another "monster" to the Japanese and they think his fights are boring. K1 used to be exciting and I agree it has a great format, but if they continue down the "monster" road the fans are gonna disappear.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Hey schilt won the k-1 Gp last year, he is far from a freakshow he is a very skilled kickboxer. Also pride just had james thompson compete in this Gp and he is a freakshow improved but still a freakshow so its not last year pride will continue to have freakshow fights

dude schilt lost a decision to choi in seoul. hardly a neutral place for the fight. it's a really bad matchup for him anyways. hoost lost to sapp twice, but that doesn't make him any less badass- he just doesn't matchup up with sapp well.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    sherdog dot com

hoost lost to sapp twice, but that doesn't make him any less badass- he just doesn't matchup up with sapp well.
    Absolutely agree. Hoost is an all-around great kickboxer - his low kick is especially good. If he had gotten a few more in on Sapp after dropping him with a bodyshot, he would've won. Hoost's lower legs must be pure bone. His mid kick broke LeBanner's forearm a couple years back.

Semmy Schilt? I just don't know. I like his jab and he's damn good with his knees, but his fights really lack in excitement. When he fights in Japan, half the arena goes to have smoke, take a piss, or buy a beer. I actually didn't see the Choi fight, but from the replays it wasn't pretty. Speaking of Choi, LeBanner beat him by a 4th round unanimous decision last month. I really wish someone would KO the big freak.

The middleweight division of K1 is becoming more popular than the heavyweight division, precisely because the "monster" phenomenon has lost its appeal. I'm all for a big freak division in K1...anything to get them out of the heavyweights and let the real fighters get back to business.

sonar1234 is offline Banned

I was very excited when i got the fight network cause they got K1 ppv playing, i saw the Battle at the Bolagio series, and couple of other K1 events.

THe sad thing is that i am not impressed with Mighty Mo, or Carter Williams or any other heavy (Fat) kickboxer that are gased out after the first minute of the round.

Now i havent seen any recent K1 action, not all the K1 fighters are sloppy, i really like The sniper Micheal Mcdonald, Shilt is very good has well, and Musashi, Lebaner and Stephane Leko.

I dont like Ray Sefo.

All in all now i tape the K1 events on the fight network and fast forward most of the time to the good parts.

.::Lefty::. is offline New Member
    subfighter.com isn't that bad of a site either

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by collar
    I am just wondering anyone know where i can watch fights and clips of ufc type of fighting.
    like the no rules type of fighting.

thanks.
    im from aus so we dont get this type of fighting, no idea why not.
    if you've got a few bucks to spare just order some full length videos of pride or ufc online.

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zodiac666
    if you've got a few bucks to spare just order some full length videos of pride or ufc online.

Yeah i agree. Depending on how good you're computer is, i know for me that downloading videos can get pretty annoying because my computer is just a piece of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CSAR
    Absolutely agree. Hoost is an all-around great kickboxer - his low kick is especially good. If he had gotten a few more in on Sapp after dropping him with a bodyshot, he would've won. Hoost's lower legs must be pure bone. His mid kick broke LeBanner's forearm a couple years back.

Semmy Schilt? I just don't know. I like his jab and he's damn good with his knees, but his fights really lack in excitement. When he fights in Japan, half the arena goes to have smoke, take a piss, or buy a beer. I actually didn't see the Choi fight, but from the replays it wasn't pretty. Speaking of Choi, LeBanner beat him by a 4th round unanimous decision last month. I really wish someone would KO the big freak.

The middleweight division of K1 is becoming more popular than the heavyweight division, precisely because the "monster" phenomenon has lost its appeal. I'm all for a big freak division in K1...anything to get them out of the heavyweights and let the real fighters get back to business.
    yeah i hear you there. schilt isn't fun to watch really unless he's fighting some little ****wit like hari cuz i like to see mouthy little turks like him get KTFO'd. but he is skilled- he's just slow as **** but he makes it work with his huge reach. if you wanna see him get raped for boring you watch his pride match with kharitonov it's pretty gruesome.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    Yeah i agree. Depending on how good you're computer is, i know for me that downloading videos can get pretty annoying because my computer is just a piece of crap.
    yea, i got a pretty shitty computer too, i just meant ordering them on the net and receiving them by mail, if you're allowed to do that over there.

Thread Information