Thread: UFC Is Lame?

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries

UFC Is Lame?

So my friend, whos 5'11'', 150lbs, does some kind of karate...kok su son or something....and he goes on and on about how the UFC is lame.

Like, ...what pussies only go for 3 rounds....he said his master guy could beat those mr. tough guys...

I wanted to hit him, but hes my friend, so im gonna hit his master

What could make him change his mind?

Hunter is offline Grateful
    ummm show in all the first ufc's where tae kwon do and all the other form orientated martial arts got owned badly, ask why they all choose different striking arts as the primary form over karate, tae kwon do etc. Ohhh ask him why he has never fought mma also if he is so sure of his superiority or ask him to spar with a muay thai, boxing, kickboxing. Or better ask him why he would get ****ed up by a wrestler with limited to no stand up training and why he would so badly get embarrased by a bjj, sambo judo, catch wrestler, csw, practioner.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    thats pretty mcuh what I tell him, but he says his master, who is a 10th degree(highest level) black belt, could beat up UFC people. Is till think hes dumb.

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    i think ufc is tight and is going to get bigger and bigger, its made for americans that have a short attention spans. I mean who wants to watch a 12round boxing match till it goes to a decision, people dont want that they want to see someone get their ass wooped

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    I would seriously not waste anytime trying to debat this with someone like your friend.

Just be an MMA fan like the rest of us, UFC does have some lame moments but it got some good positive too, and the best is yet to come.

Quil is offline Member
    All MMA organizations have lame moments, but it's all great. You'll see Pride nuthuggery at it's finest on this board, and I agree that the OVERALL quality of fighters in Pride is better, but I personally track UFC more and find it more exciting. Like I said, it's all great.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    I would seriously not waste anytime trying to debat this with someone like your friend.

Could'nt have said it any better, do not waste your time or breath on this kid or his "Master".
    ***No source checks!!!***

ITALIANMAN is offline Junior Member
    UFC is gonna be huge soon its just getting bigger and bigger with fighters getting better and better and besides thatg i dont give a f*** whatg anyone says its the best sport and you gotta be crazy to get in there and fight......

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Could'nt have said it any better, do not waste your time or breath on this kid or his "Master".
    ayup didn't nietzsche say something like "you're going to reason with someone completely unreasonable?!" this kid's delusional.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx
    thats pretty mcuh what I tell him, but he says his master, who is a 10th degree(highest level) black belt, could beat up UFC people. Is till think hes dumb.
    Every fighter in the UFC is some form of XXXXX degree black belt, ask him what makes his dicepline any better than any other? Especially when a lot of these fighters hold heavy degree's of skills in multiple styles.

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx
    So my friend, whos 5'11'', 150lbs, does some kind of karate...kok su son or something....and he goes on and on about how the UFC is lame.

Like, ...what pussies only go for 3 rounds....he said his master guy could beat those mr. tough guys...

I wanted to hit him, but hes my friend, so im gonna hit his master

What could make him change his mind?
    At 150, Matt Hughes would kick your friends ass 3 times before he hit the ground. Tell him humility is just as important as any skill for a "master" of any type of martial arts.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    You have to face humility at some point to learn and progress, and you got to swallow that pill.

I know that tae kwon do isnt the art of choice on this board but i practice this for 7 years, and in thoses years i face humility many times getting beat up by a cop who was yellow belt and i was green belt at that time.

Also getting knocked out, and losing several times to the same competitors.

This builds caractere and more.

bootkampboy is offline New Member
    I feel you, i get so pissed off when Karate people talk like that, I mean, i get absolutely heated. But you just have to remmember that you're friend has no way of ever backing up these grandiose claims. If you really feel the need to get back at him, try pointing out how "lame" Final Fu is. Compare that show to the UFC and it looks completely retarded.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I hear this crap all the time working the doors. We get guys who are #dan black belt and they give it all the large about how they can take anyone, then BAM they get knocked the **** out by some big agressive son bitch LOL.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    I hear this crap all the time working the doors. We get guys who are #dan black belt and they give it all the large about how they can take anyone, then BAM they get knocked the **** out by some big agressive son bitch LOL.
    Even better when its someone half their size....

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreak101
    Tell him humility is just as important as any skill for a "master" of any type of martial arts.
    EXACTLY!

Real martial artists, judan (10th degree black belt) or not, do not go around talking smack or advocating fighting. Training to fight is of secondary importance - becoming a better human is of primary importance.

Muscle_4_Hire is offline Associate Member
    Why not just challenge him to a match and armbar snap it, rear naked choke tap it, or knee to the chin nap it.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    i so hope that isn't some sort of catch phrase in North Carolina.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

MMA in general

We've got a guy in our studio that was an olympic finalist for the USSR and later Russia in Greco. He's a blue in jits and a very advaned blue. Anyway, he's nice, tough, agressive, and he can beat the crap out of me playing jits rules and Greco.......I'm gone in a few seconds. A while back, he went to a local MMA event (UFC rules) and he came home in a coma. He moght not be a "Master" at whatever martial art your buddy trains in but this guy is a real fighter. However, it goes to show that to suceed in MMA, you MUST be well versed in several arts. Otherwise, your gone.

Muscle_4_Hire is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    i so hope that isn't some sort of catch phrase in North Carolina.

Na, I was hopin you would be able to catch the sarcastic tone in that one.

Anyway, the game of fighting is changing. You have to be versed in every skill. Ground, stand up... everything. When you see people get the crap beat out of them in old UFC clips, its because the other person knew their weakness and its pretty much no holds barred.

I personally would like to see a Kung Fu master step into the ring with Liddell... lets see some fancy Kung Fu block for that power punch.

Thread Information