Wanderlei Silva's exclusive interview
by Ed Preuss October 27th

Caption: UFC's fighter Gabriel Napao and Pride fighter's Wanderlei Silva

Pride middleweight champion, Wanderlei Silva showed himself to the American audience Pride Real, on last October 21, in Vegas. During the Pride debut in US, The Brazilian fighter grabbed the mic and challenged the UFC champion Chuck Liddell, setting fire in the American MMA scene. "I think it would be easier to get me into the octagon to fight him than get Liddell to fight at Pride's ring," said Silva during an exclusive to MMA365.com. Besides confirming he will be in action still this semester, in Japan , Silva says he might fight at Pride US in February and makes his own plans for the future in the country. "I have plans to the next four or five years to feature a Vale-Tudo training center in Los Angeles. Not only a gym, but a full training center," he stated.

MMA365.com - So, Chute Boxe launched a new filial in Los Angeles... how important is the US for Chute Boxe?

Wanderlei Silva - It was a great acquisition for Chute Boxe. The new gym is owned by Roberto and Van Damme. US is such a big country and to be honest with you, I have plans for the next four or five years to feature a Vale-Tudo training center in Los Angeles. Not only a gym, but a full training center.

MMA365.com - What did you think of the first Pride FC USA event?

Wanderlei Silva - It was one the best Pride's I've seen. It was great. I think Pride has all potential and the UFC is a traditional event in US, but to be honest, I think Pride has a better card, better fighters and a better show. I think UFC will have to spend more money from now and on.

MMA365.com - You challenged Chuck Liddell, what do you think of this fight if it happens?

Wanderlei Silva - Well, it would be a great fight. I am in the mood to fight him and he has said before he would fight me anywhere, even at the Garden. However, I think Dana White thinks putting Liddell against me is such a great risk to the UFC, since Liddell is his best fighter. He knows I can beat him and even KO him.

MMA365.com - Realistically, do you think that Dana White will allow Chuck Liddell to fight you at a Pride event here in the USA?

Wanderlei Silva - I think it's just a matter of money. If Pride and UFC split the PPV, I think it would be easy to reach a deal. I think it would be easier to get me into the octagon to fight him than get Liddell to fight at Pride's ring.

MMA365.com - Who do you think will win between Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell in their rematch?

Wanderlei Silva - Well, it's a great fight. In my opinion, I guess it's 50-50%, but I believe Chuck Liddell wins.

MMA365.com - When are you fighting next? Any word on who it might be?

Wanderlei Silva - Well, I'll fight on December 31 at Pride and so far I don't have an opponent defined yet. People are talking it might be Rogerio Minotouro, and if they are right, it will be a great match because I like quality of fighting and he certainly has that quality. It will be a great fight for me. Then I probably will fight on February 24, in US.

MMA365.com - In the middleweight GP of 2007, if you were to face Shogun Rua, would this be something that both of you be willing to do, would it be competitive?

Wanderlei Silva - Probably, because I must fight and so does him, once he's the champion. We also had a meeting with Mestrao (Rudimar Fedrigo, Chute Boxe's leader) and we agreed that we are professional and if we run into each other, each one of us will give their best to win.

MMA365.com - You were on vacation recently, are you back in training?

Wanderlei Silva - Yes. I have been training hard and my personal trainer Rafael Alejara got new equipment, a sand box and other machines. I'm having a lot of fun, it's all new and I have done around 100 trainings and haven't repeat a single sequence.

MMA365.com - Anything that you want to tell your fans at mma365.com and around the world?

Wanderlei Silva - I'd like to thank the whole American audience. I see Americans are nuts about MMA and I hope I can keep pleasing them. They like aggressiveness and violence and I will do everything I can to please them. I have 40 fights and over ten years, but in US, it feels like a debut for me also. I feel like a newcomer.