Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Mauro Ranallo left PrideFC

Pride play-by-play commentator Mauro Ranallo has resigned his position with the company. Evidently, he announced his decision to Pride officials just before the commencement of Pride’s Bushido show November 5th.

According to his broadcast partner, Frank Trigg, “Mauro has other broadcast opportunities. He’s done 30 shows for Pride and he did a great job the whole time he was on. He just decided there was a conflict between himself and another member of the organization.”

MMAWeekly was unable to reach Ranallo for comment, but reporter Loretta Hunt quoted him as saying that it was “the American producer, Jerry Millen” with whom he had difficulties and that he felt that his future in broadcasting was taking him in another direction.

At the time that MMAWeekly spoke with Trigg, he was unaware of who might replace Ranallo. “He just let us know on Sunday, so it’s only been [a few] days and everybody is just now getting back from Japan.”
    ***No source checks!!!***

It's a damn shame IMO, it might have taken some time to get used to him years ago but you could honestly see that he was passionate about the sport and was always learning and could call the fights 10x better than when he started. Not to mention he was so nice to me and my g/f in Vegas.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    I really liked Mauro and he will be missed same has i miss Bas Rutten has commentator, i have nothing against Frank Trigg he is really cool, but Bas was a natural entertainer.

I can only imagine what kind of moron they come up with, i pray it is at least a retired MMA fighter. *crosses fingers*

Thread Information