rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member

So Lutter and Serra get title shots..........

What are you takes on this?

westcoastbadboy is offline Associate Member
    both pretty decent fighters and both gonna get knocked the f*** out !!!

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    if either of them can get the fight to the ground and maintain position .............. then they're both capable of coming out victorious

Quil is offline Member
    Lutter has a much better chance than Serra, if Lutter can get the fight to the ground. I think Serra gets beat by either Hughes or GSP.

pepperoni is offline Associate Member
    I think Lutter has a better chance if he can get Anderson down, but lets be honest here, neither one of them has a real good shot. And if I was a top contedner in either of those weight classes id be kinda pissed.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    No toughts on this whatever, they will both get beat up by the champs

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    No toughts on this whatever, they will both get beat up by the champs

Exactly!

D-Bo Dre is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by westcoastbadboy
    both pretty decent fighters and both gonna get knocked the f*** out !!!
    Correct! Matt will GnP the hell out of Sera.. Lutter will get submitted... end of story..

Quote Originally Posted by D-Bo Dre
    Correct! Matt will GnP the hell out of Sera.. Lutter will get submitted... end of story..
    I think Silva would knock Lutter out quicker than he knocked Rich Franklin out.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    I think that Matt Serra would put on a decent fight against Matt Hugues.

That would be interesting we would have to see if George St-Pierre wins this weekend.

To be quit serious i really hope that UFC stop using theses TUF guys on there ppv, 95% of the card is based on them.

TUF 4 really sucked.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Dana White wanted Serra to win I think he got a gift in that win. But I also think that serra has the best future from here on out. This TUF wasnt as bad as the last one. Everyone there gave up practically. And what about the guy from Montana or were ever who left for a girl he been dating for like 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience
    Dana White wanted Serra to win I think he got a gift in that win. But I also think that serra has the best future from here on out. This TUF wasnt as bad as the last one. Everyone there gave up practically. And what about the guy from Montana or were ever who left for a girl he been dating for like 3 months.

TUF 4 was a lot worse than TUF 3. I cant remember his name but a guy jumped the fence in TUF 4 also. He left one night to go bang some lifeguard chick. There was only one person that i wanted to see fight throughout this whole season and that was Matt Serra but i think he's got a long way to go to become the next champ.

Quil is offline Member
    I didn't think TUF4 was bad at all. I guess I'm just easy to please...free MMA every week.

Yeah thats true but most of the fights sucked ass IMO.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    IMO:

Serra: Has little to no chance of beating GSP or HUghes but i would give him a better chance against Hughes style wise. GSP does everything so good (striking, subs, wrestling) that Serra would get TKO if not KTFO. Just an all around bad matchup for him.

Lutter: Very limited fighter and has lazy takedowns but to his credit he uses his skills to the best of his ability and for some reason his opponents fall right into it, that said, the previous opponents i spoke of are nowhere near on the level of Anderson Silva. Silva can do it all (unlike Lutter's previous opposition) and will not walk into Lutter's gameplan. Lutter has the submission advantage no doubt but Silva is also a BJJ BB under the Nog brothers and is no slouch and make no mistake has come a long way since his submission losses to Takase and Chonan.

I see Lutter getting KO or TKO'd from Silva following him to the mat to finish him off. Lutter is a slow starter and for that matter he is an all around slow fighter meaning he fights only at his pace and if taken out of his rythum i believe this would be disastrous for him.

What really sticks out in my mind is when Silva fought Jeremy Horn who is absolutely one of the best sub guys in MMA not to mention Horn has good striking as well (unlike Lutter). Silva won that fight and that say's alot about this upcoming fight, i believe Silva will follow the same gameplan against Lutter.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    IMO:

Serra: Has little to no chance of beating GSP or HUghes but i would give him a better chance against Hughes style wise. GSP does everything so good (striking, subs, wrestling) that Serra would get TKO if not KTFO. Just an all around bad matchup for him.

Lutter: Very limited fighter and has lazy takedowns but to his credit he uses his skills to the best of his ability and for some reason his opponents fall right into it, that said, the previous opponents i spoke of are nowhere near on the level of Anderson Silva. Silva can do it all (unlike Lutter's previous opposition) and will not walk into Lutter's gameplan. Lutter has the submission advantage no doubt but Silva is also a BJJ BB under the Nog brothers and is no slouch and make no mistake has come a long way since his submission losses to Takase and Chonan.

I see Lutter getting KO or TKO'd from Silva following him to the mat to finish him off. Lutter is a slow starter and for that matter he is an all around slow fighter meaning he fights only at his pace and if taken out of his rythum i believe this would be disastrous for him.

What really sticks out in my mind is when Silva fought Jeremy Horn who is absolutely one of the best sub guys in MMA not to mention Horn has good striking as well (unlike Lutter). Silva won that fight and that say's alot about this upcoming fight, i believe Silva will follow the same gameplan against Lutter.

Very well said.

Thread Information