simm is offline Senior Member

***SPOILER***Alex emelianenko vs fabricio werdum

Unless nobody knew..Alexander emelianenko was submitted by Fabricio werdum yesterday evening at the 2H2H show in Rotterdam Holland....

James thompson also lost via armbar to Jon olav eniemo!!

Hunter is offline Grateful
    did his cardio have anything to do with it simm?

simm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    I really have no idea! From wat i heard,he was just so totally dominated that it makes me wonder if Alex has gone too much into striking and losing weight.
    He wants to be like fedor imo...

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    From what I have read his cardio didn't have anything to do with it. He was submitted early in the first round. Aleksander looked to be in his best shape ever in the weigh-in pictures. I guess he just got owned by Werdun's BJJ (Which is pretty damn good).

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    His cardio had nothing to do with the fight, it did not last long enough for it to come into play. The fact is that Alex has only been subbed by two of the best submission guys in the HW division (Barnett, Werdum) so that is no suprise and should not hurt his "image" that much. Shit happens, i will agree that he could definately sharpen his ground skills but will always be known for knocking people the **** out.

Rumour has it that he is going to the UFC and that division would be good for him as there are not as mnmay if any (Monson) top grapplers in that weight class which spells buffet for Alex IMO.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    His cardio had nothing to do with the fight, it did not last long enough for it to come into play. The fact is that Alex has only been subbed by two of the best submission guys in the HW division (Barnett, Werdum) so that is no suprise and should not hurt his "image" that much. Shit happens, i will agree that he could definately sharpen his ground skills but will always be known for knocking people the **** out.

Rumour has it that he is going to the UFC and that division would be good for him as there are not as mnmay if any (Monson) top grapplers in that weight class which spells buffet for Alex IMO.
    Yeah, I really hope he comes to the UFC. He would have a good shot at the belt IMO. And as a fan of his, I think it would give him the time to improve his game to where he could then go and compete more evenly with the other top heavyweights in the world.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    the thing that pissed me off is it looked liek he got taken down with a stupid little inside leg trip. he has pretty good takedown defense and didn't use it.

Thread Information