gottibme is offline Associate Member

De la hoya Vs Mayweather May 5th

Ok the big debate here,who do you think is gonna win?Mayweather hasnt lost yet but he has never faced the fighters and beat the fighters that de la hoya has,any picks?I just hope it doesnt go to the scorecards cause de la hoya is notorious for getting screwed by the judges,Trinidad and mosley2,those were hella controversal losses,anyway who do you think will win?

Patches24 is offline Junior Member
    I would predict Mayweather because he seems to fight faster.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottibme
    Ok the big debate here,who do you think is gonna win?Mayweather hasnt lost yet but he has never faced the fighters and beat the fighters that de la hoya has,any picks?I just hope it doesnt go to the scorecards cause de la hoya is notorious for getting screwed by the judges,Trinidad and mosley2,those were hella controversal losses,anyway who do you think will win?

De La Hoya is usually the benefactor of erroneous decisions. Just look at the Parnell Whitaker fight and the Felix Strom fights. Both he had his ass handed to him but got the judges decisions.

I honestly think it's going to be a clinic. De La Hoya is the naturally bigger guy with knock out power. But I think he's on the downside of his career and can't match the speed or defensive capabilities that Mayweather has. I don't think Mayweather has the power to knock De La Hoya out but I think he will put on a clinic. It will be so one-sided that I don't think there will be any question as to Mayweather's victory. Mayweather is on top of his game, very similar to Roy Jones when Jones was at his peak.

rooster101 is offline Associate Member

big left hook

im going with dela hoya. mayweather hasnt fought anyone as strong or skilled. i think oscar will have the answer. not to mention floyds dad im sure, let out some family boxing secerets.
    Last edited by rooster101; 03-09-2007 at 06:31 PM.

I got my money on wayweather all day

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Mayweather is going to take him to school. He's the most talented boxer since ali, and i dare say he's faster and with better defense. If you watch all of his fights, and all of de la hoya's fights, you'd probably come up with the same conclusion that i have. I think it's going to go the distance, and De la hoya's only going to get maybe one round.

heavyhitter08 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottibme
    Big Debate?

Don't get me wrong i love boxing and De la Hoya as well. But Mayweather is ahead of his game and De la hoya's only chance he had was to hire mayweahter SR and he neglected to do that.

When's the last time you've seen mayweather get hit flush? His defense is the best in the game and is the fastest as well. He can go 12 rounds at 100% even when wearing leather shorts (mayweather vs. baldomir).

De la hoya recently gets very demoralized and out of his game plan when he's frsutrated and mayweather will frustrate him. I will be there in Vegas, it's going to be spectacular!

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree...de la hoya is a great fighter but Mayweather has some speed on him... too much for de la hoya... how's that saying go?

de la hoya fights great but mayweather is a great fighter.

Jason865 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    De La Hoya is usually the benefactor of erroneous decisions. Just look at the Parnell Whitaker fight and the Felix Strom fights. Both he had his ass handed to him but got the judges decisions.
    Both the Strom and Parnell fights could have gone either way, IMO Oscar won both fights but they were very close...as for being the benefactor of erroneous decisions that title would have to go to Shane Mosley who was given both decisions over Oscar and in both fights he only drew or lost.

Oscar is way past his prime and that's why that pussy Floyd is fighting him now, still I think Oscar will win by KO in the 11th.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason865

Oscar is way past his prime and that's why that pussy Floyd is fighting him now, still I think Oscar will win by KO in the 11th.
    No way is oscar going to have knockout power in the 11th round against the best defensive boxer alive today. There's a reason the vegas odds are close to 2:1 for mayweather.

wishmasterATM is offline Banned
    mayweather....de la hoya is out of his prime, has not fight big bouts in a while

Both the Strom and Parnell fights could have gone either way, IMO Oscar won both fights but they were very close...as for being the benefactor of erroneous decisions that title would have to go to Shane Mosley who was given both decisions over Oscar and in both fights he only drew or lost.

Spoken like a true De La Hoya fan. You really need to be objective, brotha. Neither of those fights were close. De La Hoya lost both those fights convincingly but because he's the Golden Boy he was handed those victories. The Mosely fights were a lot closer, but if you watch those fights with the sound off, you will see how Mosely beat De La Hoya.

And why is Floyd a pussy? The man is technically the best fighter since Roy Jones, Ali, or Sugar Ray Leonard or Robinson. Who has he ducked? I don't see how anyone thinks Floyd is overrated or not a legitimate champ. Pure hatred and definately not knowledgeable about the fight game. But I do remember the same talk about how Vinny Pazienza was going to whoop that pussy Roy Jones, but we all know how that fight turned out.

BTW, Mayweather's dad isn't going to be in De La Hoya's corner, and word around town (Vegas) is Mayweather Jr and Sr. are working on a reconcilliation. NOt good news for De La Chicken, LOL!!!!

Jason865 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    Spoken like a true De La Hoya fan. You really need to be objective, brotha. Neither of those fights were close. De La Hoya lost both those fights convincingly but because he's the Golden Boy he was handed those victories. The Mosely fights were a lot closer, but if you watch those fights with the sound off, you will see how Mosely beat De La Hoya.

And why is Floyd a pussy? The man is technically the best fighter since Roy Jones, Ali, or Sugar Ray Leonard or Robinson. Who has he ducked? I don't see how anyone thinks Floyd is overrated or not a legitimate champ. Pure hatred and definately not knowledgeable about the fight game. But I do remember the same talk about how Vinny Pazienza was going to whoop that pussy Roy Jones, but we all know how that fight turned out.

BTW, Mayweather's dad isn't going to be in De La Hoya's corner, and word around town (Vegas) is Mayweather Jr and Sr. are working on a reconcilliation. NOt good news for De La Chicken, LOL!!!!
    I hate De La Hoya, I just score fights on the facts not emotion....you should try it some time.

Floyd is a pussy, he says he is the best of all time yet avoids the hard fights and many of the great fighters...Oscar will KO him.

I hate De La Hoya, I just score fights on the facts not emotion....you should try it some time.

Floyd is a pussy, he says he is the best of all time yet avoids the hard fights and many of the great fighters...Oscar will KO him.

Who hasn't he fought? Hatton? Hatton only wanted to fight Mayweather in Manchester. Who else? I think Margarito is the only fighter that has a legitimate claim to fight Mayweather. But Mosely, De La Hoya, and Mayweather know there are bigger fights out there than Margarito. But if Margarito is the only fighter you claim Mayweather is ducking then I concede. Other than that, I can't think of anyone else.

We'll just have to see May 5th.
    Last edited by BgMc31; 03-12-2007 at 02:39 PM.

thekidd is offline Junior Member
    Mayweather TKO Round 6

testisbest is offline Senior Member
    Mayweather will finally get his due as the P4P best after he takes a washed up "golden boy" to school. Oscar MIGHT get a couple of rounds.

Thread Information