Anyone ever torn acl?

I think this should be in the injury forum but it is kinda mma related. I partially tore my acl 2 years ago in a jujitsu tournament, because i thought i was a hero and didnt tap. It was one of my first tournaments so i didnt have much experience, which is why i didnt tap. I learned the hard way to tap hah. Incidentally i kept going and got out of the position only to be tapped by an ankle lock. I didnt get surgery, big mistake. Anywayz, i reinjured my knee in football practise on sunday and i think i tore acl completely, can barely walk. Since there are mma guys in this forum, has anyone ever torn their acl? If so, how long was recovery time from surgery? and is it hard to make a transition back into the sport, when u know ur knee could give at any time? I know the answer to the 2nd question but am just looking for some feedback in regards to the others. Thanks in advance for the comments.

maxex is offline Member
    Get the surgery and complete the rehab. My knee is trashed because I thought I was a tough guy and waited a year untill my knee was trashed and they had toopen it up completely.

Go directly to the best in your state...dont play games with local docs with small practices, go to the best.

HSFootball is offline Associate Member
    I tore my acl at football practice and got the reconstructive surgery. I did the rehab and I have had no trouble since, but my friend tore his and finished his rehab. He came back and in our first game on the opening kickoff he tore it again. I don't know how well he took care of his knee, but for me I did everything I was supposed to do and im fine now.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    guy i train with tore his and had surgery. He was off for almost a year.

You got to give that time to heal right or it never will.

P.S. What kinda frickin tournament let low belt jj guys go for ankles other than straight?

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    P.S. What kinda frickin tournament let low belt jj guys go for ankles other than straight?
    Tiger Balm Internationals in Vancouver, B.C. Canada
    It was exactly what goes on at almost every tournament. ie. experienced guys bs and say they are white belts when it is obvious they are experienced, so they can get easy gold. He was wearing white belt but he was good.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HSFootball
    I tore my acl at football practice and got the reconstructive surgery. I did the rehab and I have had no trouble since, but my friend tore his and finished his rehab. He came back and in our first game on the opening kickoff he tore it again. I don't know how well he took care of his knee, but for me I did everything I was supposed to do and im fine now.
    I tore mine twice as well. My dr. told me that some people just have loose joints and he said before the surgery I might never be 100%.

Thread Information