gottibme is offline Associate Member

Wanting to start boxing but had queston

I am about to start boxing and the guy told me before I have to pass a physical,and Im not gonna even lie I have the liver condition hep c,but anyway I wanted to know will they give me a blood test?and will that matter,I guess I have to pay 180 for my amature licence then im ready to start training and pass my physical but yeah anyway let me know

gigem is offline Banned
    dont think theyll let ya with hep c since it can be passes thru blood

armbar83 is offline Senior Member
    bro, pick another sport...

gigem is offline Banned
    yeah bro to be honest they wont allow it look at tommy the duke morrison he was a bad mfr had to give it up due to hiv since hep c can be passed through blood and is highly contagiousits not gonna happen

gottibme is offline Associate Member
    dam not even for a amature?

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    hep c is pretty serious. Pick another sport. Even just training you are gonna get some blood on each other with your partners once in a while.

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    Yeah man. Dont pass that on. That would be very irresponsible on your part.

rock357 is offline Junior Member
    i've boxed amatuer for years and never had a blood test of any kind! the only test I had was a radom drug test at the nationals. I just pissed in a cup for that. It only costs 35 dollars to register for USA boxing so I ain't sure who told you $180. At any rate there is NO way you should box or even spar for that matter. Bro, blood and saliva are flying when your fighting. it would be terribly irresponsible of you to take other peoples health in your hands. boxing is dangerous enough with out having to worry about that. I know next to nothing about Hep C. I read that it can "clear" your body with the right treatment, but i'm not sure. Go to the doctor and try to beat your disease, then try boxing.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Seriously brotha, you have to think about your fellow fighters. The last thing you want is to pass it on to someone else. That's extremely selfish and very irresponsible. There may also be some legal ramifications if you infect someone knowingly. I know there have been lots of cases of extremely long sentences imposed on people who knowingly pass HIV and AIDS on to people. Find another sport that doesn't result in exchange of ANY bodily fluids.

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rock357
    i've boxed amatuer for years and never had a blood test of any kind! the only test I had was a radom drug test at the nationals. I just pissed in a cup for that. It only costs 35 dollars to register for USA boxing so I ain't sure who told you $180. At any rate there is NO way you should box or even spar for that matter. Bro, blood and saliva are flying when your fighting. it would be terribly irresponsible of you to take other peoples health in your hands. boxing is dangerous enough with out having to worry about that. I know next to nothing about Hep C. I read that it can "clear" your body with the right treatment, but i'm not sure. Go to the doctor and try to beat your disease, then try boxing.

Hepatitis B is a virus that causes the liver to become inflamed. Most people fight off the infection themselves. However, approximately 5-10 percent of those people who are infected with the virus will become carriers, an estimated 5-10 percent of those people infected each year will progress to chronic liver disease, cirrhosis and possibly liver cancer.

There are over a million carriers of the hepatitis B virus in the United States and an estimated 200,000 people contract this serious liver disease each year.

This disease is more infectious than AIDS and is transmitted through infected blood and other body fluids (seminal fluid, vaginal secretions, breast milk, tears, saliva and open sores). However, in approximately 30-40 percent of cases the method of transmission is unknown.

If it was curable im sure pamela anderson would have done somthing by now.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Eh...those are the stats for Hep B...

Hep c is WAY more serious.

we aren't bashing ya man.. i'm just saying not to do the sport... i mean the doctors tell you if you use a toothbrush used by someone with hep c you can pass it on... from that little bit of blood from the gums.. imagine.

hawthorne1010 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rock357
    i've boxed amatuer for years and never had a blood test of any kind! the only test I had was a radom drug test at the nationals. I just pissed in a cup for that. It only costs 35 dollars to register for USA boxing so I ain't sure who told you $180.
    Don't know much about Hep C either, but I never had a blood test either and also paid $35/year to register for USA Boxing. Hell, the gym I trained out of cost $50/year to join!

I don't know why they would tell you $180, unless they're throwing in wraps, mouthpiece, your own gloves, your own headgear and your own cup.

Patches24 is offline Junior Member
    asdf
    Last edited by Patches24; 05-03-2007 at 01:18 AM.

Thread Information