test_cyp is offline Associate Member

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua

http://ufcmania.com/2007/05/22/chute...to-ufc-roster/

Shogun Rua has been added to the UFC roster.....what a blessing to the 205 division. Any hopes for his first fight? I would like to see him face tito or sobral for his first fight!

orton4 is offline Member
    yes it is a blessing i hope he goes through that division and becomes champ

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    This has been rumoured for months. Shogun always said he signed a 4 fight deal for 2 fights in Pride and 2 fights in the UFC.

Dana then said it wasn't true and that Pride fighters would stay put. I guess we are finding out again that Dana is full of shit.

And before anyone asks, Shogun has fought in a cage before unlike CroCop. CC is one of the only Pride fighters that never fought in a cage before.

And thus far, Shogun has showed no signs of the rule changes having a negative affect on him. You should see him throw elbows standing...sheesus christ...
    ***No source checks!!!***

$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member
    Wicked...another guy for CHUCK to beat......lol jkz but i do think that would be a good close fight

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    I can't wait to see Shogun in the cage.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    gives shogun a chance to revenge his loss to babalu.

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    gives shogun a chance to revenge his loss to babalu.

That would be nice snack for Shogun, sure.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    That would be nice snack for Shogun, sure.
    I think someone like, james irvin, terry martin as his first fight then babalu. With the way babalu fought last time Shogun would maul him.

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    The rumor is that Shogun might fight at UFC 72

New Shogun Interview from tatame.com

Rumores dão conta de que você lutará no UFC 72. Tem alguma coisa certa sobre isso?

Assinei com o Pride e com o UFC. Estou aguardando para eles definirem onde e quando eu luto. A princípio são só boatos de que eu lutarei no UFC 72, mas eu espero que aconteça. Estou treinado, pronto, no gás para lutar.

Quem vence no UFC 71, Liddell ou Quinton Jackson?

O Liddell evoluiu, mas aposto no Quinton. Acho que ele vai ficar no ground n’ pound. Ele tem o ground n’ pound bom e troca bem em pé. Então acho que vai dar Quinton.

Você gostaria de enfrentar algum dos dois?

Com certeza. Meu objetivo esse ano é o cinturão, seja no Pride ou no UFC. E o cinturão estando com o Liddell ou com o Quintom, quero enfrentá-los.

Para você que acompanhou o Fury, quem é o favorito para levar o GP até 83kg?

Com certeza o Daniel Acácio e o Toquinho. Os dois estão evoluindo muito e são os mais técnicos. Mas acho que o evento não tem um favorito. Na luta podem acontecer surpresas.

Você acha que vai ter dificuldades para se adaptar as regras do UFC?

Acredito que não. Já lutei duas vezes nessas regras e não senti. Lutei com o Alistair Overeem e com o Kevin Randleman nessas regras e não tive problemas.

O que achou da vitória do Napão sobre o Cro Cop?

Ele é muito bom e tem tudo para pegar o cinturão. Todos sabiam da superioridade dele no chão, mas ele surpreendeu a todos com seu jogo em pé, ninguém esperava. Acho que ele é bem superior ao Randy Coulture. Com certeza o Randy não tem armas para vencer o Napão.

E o Wanderlei, só volta em 2008?

Estamos treinando juntos e ele está a disposição dos eventos. Se alguém vier com uma proposta boa acho que ele luta esse ano. Um atleta que nem ele não pode ficar sem lutar.

O que espera da luta do seu irmão no EliteXC?

Ele está na melhor fase dele. Ele descia de 94, 93kg para bater o peso, agora baixa de 88kg. Acho que ele vai dar show e trazer esse cinturão.

Shogun Interview

There are some rumors that you are going to fight in UFC 72. There is anything certain about that?

I signed with Pride and UFC. I'm waiting them set up where and when i'll fight. From now it's just rumors that i'm going to fight in UFC 72, but i hope this happen. I'm training, i'm ready to fight.

Who is going to win in UFC 71, Lidell or Jackson?

Liddell has improved, but i put my money on Quinton. I think he is going to use his ground n' pound. He has a good gnp and strikes when he is standing. So i think Quinton will win.

Would you like to face someone of them?

Absolutely. My goal for this year is the belt, Pride or UFC, wherever. And if one of them holding the belt, i wanna face them.

You followed the last Fury Fc, who is the best name to win the 83kg GP?

Daniel Acacio and Toquinho, definitely. Both are improving a lot and they are the most skilled. But i think everyone can win this GP. In a fight suprises can happen.

Do you think it's going to be hard to adapt to UFC rules?

I don't think so. I fought twice under this rules and it didn't affect me. I fought Alistair and Randleman under this rules and there were no problems.

What do you think about Napão victory over Cro Cop?

He is excellente and he has all the necessary to take the belt.. Everyone knew he is better on the matt, but he surprised everyone with his standing game, nobody expected that. I think he is better than Couture. Couture has no weapons to beat Napao.

What about Wanderlei, he'll be back only in 2008?

We're training together and he is avaiable to fight for the events. If someone comes with a good offer, i think he fight this year. A fighter like him can't stay out of the ring.

What do you expect about your brother fight in EliteXC?

He is in his prime. No he can fight weighting 88kg. I think he is going to make an excelent fight and bring this belt.

orton4 is offline Member
    Shogun is the man i want to see him in ufc so bad, i think he will do fine with the rules... plus he is great on the ground as well. he is so well rounded one of the top pound for pound fighters in the world if not the best. him and fedor are close in my eyes

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Shogun back at 205? i tough he wanted to fight has a heavyweight.

I wanna see him dismember Chuck Liddell. Cant wait to see Shogun back in action.

Thread Information