Thread: boxing

johnq is offline Associate Member

boxing

ive just started doing boxing in the mornings before work, never knew i had so many muscles in my rib cage they hurt when i cough or when i laugh, but im enjoying, its hard though. im still doing weights in the evening. ill have to increase my cals dont wont to loose any weight. looking to get fit and ripped for the summer need a six pack.

thekidd is offline Junior Member
    boxing is the most intense training i have ever done. I have played hockey my whole life but training for a boxing match is the hardest thing in the world... all fighters who commit their life to boxing have my ultimate respect because if you don't commit your life 150% to boxing and training then you will never survive.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    so wheres the AAS question? or are u just bored and wanting to use up board bandwidth?

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    speaking of boxing, quick question.

How long does it take to get boxing down rather good? Saying if your althletic, and catch on to things easy.
    And what do they do? 2 sessions a week???

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    u can get the basics in 3 or 4 sessions, if ur really natty athetelically coordniated.. i picked it up REAL FAST.
    but actual BOXING in the ring aka sparring and stuff.. that gunna take a while LOL

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    u can get the basics in 3 or 4 sessions, if ur really natty athetelically coordniated.. i picked it up REAL FAST.
    but actual BOXING in the ring aka sparring and stuff.. that gunna take a while LOL

lol, I dont think Im as good as you.....then again, who is???

I just wanna knock someone out. I think Im gonna start doing it. Seems fun. And rather quick and easy to learn compared to Muy tai and BJJ

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx
    lol, I dont think Im as good as you.....then again, who is???

I just wanna knock someone out. I think Im gonna start doing it. Seems fun. And rather quick and easy to learn compared to Muy tai and BJJ
    Boxing is just as complicated as muay tai(i have done both). Footwork in muay tai is much more basic then boxing. Honestly you will never be competitive against most guys who have done it there whole life. If you want to do it for self defense, get in shape, whatever thats great. However you will never compete as more then an amatuer and you would probably take a beating there to. I started boxing at around 10 and thats considered late in life. Just my two cents.

ectomorph28 is offline Associate Member
    In my opinion its how much time you put into the sport.

I am 20 and I started boxing at 19. But I boxed 3-4 times a week and each session was 90 minutes long. I am not the most gifted athletically but ive managed to get some good power and the speed is developing with time. Ive competed in alot of sports as a kid and boxing is the most difficult sport ive ever done. It is an intense workout but very satisfying when its over with. My confidence ive gained from the sport is incredible.

My coach started boxing at 21 years old and he managed to fight in the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal a few years later. I also believe that Hasim Rahman started boxing in his late teens and he managed to be a very successful heavyweight boxer.

I think the hardest thing to master in boxing is not so much the physical aspects of the sport but the ring generalship ie. cutting off the ring etc.. Ive had football, hockey, baseball, basketball players come and go through my gym and their footwork in the ring just looks akward. lol.

Thread Information