WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member

I cant stand the media.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2884063

How can they even have the nerve to write this crap about the UFC, and MMA.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont find dog fighting exciting or an interest of mine at all, so i skimmed thru all that.. but could not find anything regarding MMA???

confused...

TR'05 is offline Member
    If anything ESPN quoting that makes the guy look even more dumb/less credible.

..bizarre that they would include it.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    What do Michael Vick and "dogfighting" have to do with MMA ?

TR'05 is offline Member
    Takes a while to get there, but here is what- I assume- is at question.

The source said he consented to our interview to change people's perceptions about dog fighting because they have "the wrong idea" about it and should see "just one" match for themselves before judging it. "They'll let this other thing go -- what is it called? UFC [Ultimate Fighting Championship]?" he asked. "That is every bit as bad -- you know, that's terrible. But then you have thousands of people that cheer, rah, rah, and they really love that. You see guys get their heads busted, you know, and they get their arms messed up, their legs twisted almost off. But then they fuss over this here, is wrong."

ftony is offline Associate Member
    I doubt this article will create any waves for the ufc or any mma organization...However the cruelty that these animals are subject to needs to be dealt with very harshly ,real prison time no matter who the person is .
    Last edited by ftony; 05-28-2007 at 01:42 PM.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    In defense of Mike Vick, should he convicted for owning the house? And if this was some regular Joe Schmo, would we even have this discussion. Here in Vegas, the only prosecution homeowners get is the possible loss of property. By this I mean, many crack houses are rental properties. And I've never heard of anyone of these homeowners being prosecuted for the distribution of crack from these homes unless they are directly involved. I'm not saying Vick doesn't have any involvment, but until we know for sure we should reserve judgement.

And yes I am defensive of pro football players, because I used to be one, and I know the scrutiny they are under. The guilty should be punished, but everyone deserves their day in court right?

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    In defense of Mike Vick, should he convicted for owning the house? And if this was some regular Joe Schmo, would we even have this discussion. Here in Vegas, the only prosecution homeowners get is the possible loss of property. By this I mean, many crack houses are rental properties. And I've never heard of anyone of these homeowners being prosecuted for the distribution of crack from these homes unless they are directly involved. I'm not saying Vick doesn't have any involvment, but until we know for sure we should reserve judgement.

And yes I am defensive of pro football players, because I used to be one, and I know the scrutiny they are under. The guilty should be punished, but everyone deserves their day in court right?
    I would hate to think Mike vick would do some sh#t like that...I hope he is innocent.But if hes not Innocent then he should be delt with like anyone else..

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    Vick has got to be smarter than that. Doesnt he?

TR'05 is offline Member
    I wouldn't trust a word that came out of ESPN's "source".

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31

well mike vick has had run-ins already, and marcus vick his brother is prolly in prison right now.

I am all for reserving judgement, but it all honesty, he is connected enough to this situation i believe, especially with some witnesses coming out now, to be a poster child against dog fighting.

Michael Vick is in a tough situation if I was him, I'd go donate a few million to some anti-dog fighting fundation, and fight dog fighting and sread the word on it wherever he goes..

He aint doing it tho.

Did any of you guys read this??? i found this with a search >VICK STORY TO GET "EVEN BIGGER"

In a Friday morning interview on 790 The Zone in Atlanta, reporter Mary Kay Mallonee of WAVY-TV said that investigators looking into the dog-fighting operation on Mike Vick's property in Virginia have privately said that the story is going to get "even bigger" as it continues to unfold.

Mallonee explained that a regional drug task force investigating Vick's cousin last week heard "all these dogs barking" while executing a search warrant. The investigators investigated (duh) and saw roughly 70 dogs, blood-soaked carpeting, and training equipment at an apparent "dog-fighting compound" behind the house. It was, as Mallonee described, a "huge operation."

At one point, she described it as a "major operation that needs lots of money to be supported." Given that the persons living in the house (as she noted) are not employed, where was the cash coming from, if not from Vick?

Also, Vick's claim that he never goes to the property seems to be getting shakier and shakier.

Neighbors told Mallonee that Vick is in town "all the time," and clerks at a nearby store said that Vick comes in to buy "lots of supplies" for the dogs, including syringes.

"I think they're gathering more and more evidence that he was very well aware [of the dog fighting]," Mallonee said, adding that she believes that the police have evidence more concrete than word of mouth from witnesses who say that they have seem him.

And Vick's potential culpability goes beyond knowledge and financial support of the operation. Mallonee said that the investigators are following leads which could show that Vick was actually present for some of the fights.

Vick has not yet been interviewed by investigators. Mallonee said that police are focused on getting all their ducks in a row before talking to Vick.

TR'05 is offline Member
    Source?

I hope all of this in untrue...for the dogs' sake.

ill go back and find it how about this one??? http://www.wvec.com/news/topstories/....6c10df24.html

Quote Originally Posted by TR'05
    Takes a while to get there, but here is what- I assume- is at question.

The source said he consented to our interview to change people's perceptions about dog fighting because they have "the wrong idea" about it and should see "just one" match for themselves before judging it. "They'll let this other thing go -- what is it called? UFC [Ultimate Fighting Championship]?" he asked. "That is every bit as bad -- you know, that's terrible. But then you have thousands of people that cheer, rah, rah, and they really love that. You see guys get their heads busted, you know, and they get their arms messed up, their legs twisted almost off. But then they fuss over this here, is wrong."
    Yeah, this is what I was referring to, and yes I am against dog fighting also, but why do they have to allow these things to be posted about the UFC? Im sorry I didnt get to post the exact paragraph, because my internet went down.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooks
    well mike vick has had run-ins already, and marcus vick his brother is prolly in prison right now.
    I am all for reserving judgement, but it all honesty, he is connected enough to this situation i believe, especially with some witnesses coming out now, to be a poster child against dog fighting.

Michael Vick is in a tough situation if I was him, I'd go donate a few million to some anti-dog fighting fundation, and fight dog fighting and sread the word on it wherever he goes..

He aint doing it tho.
    Nope he's worked out for the Bengals and Pats recently. He spent most of the season last year with the Dolphins.

And as far as him donating money to fight dog fighting. I'm sure that's something Mike may end up doing. He is a very benevolent guy and donated thousands of dollars to the Virginia Tech Fund after the massacre there. As a matter of fact he personally paid for the shipping expenses of the people who were killed to be shipped back to their homes for burial.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    What do Michael Vick and "dogfighting" have to do with MMA ?

wondering myself.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    MMA got a pertty bad start, the first UFC where there was no rules kinda stuck with the assholes that where not true MMA fans.

Its like someone that doesnt know shit about cars but he ears someone say that a chrystler is a piece of shit, he will spread that rumor around.

To tell you the thrut i dont give a fukk anymore, people say that i am crazy to pay 60$ to go see TKO MMA at the Bell Center, most of them are not even aware of the true evolution of MMA, the rules and more.

Theses fukkers can suck my candyass for good, bunch of idiots

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    MMA got a pertty bad start, the first UFC where there was no rules kinda stuck with the assholes that where not true MMA fans.

Its like someone that doesnt know shit about cars but he ears someone say that a chrystler is a piece of shit, he will spread that rumor around.

To tell you the thrut i dont give a fukk anymore, people say that i am crazy to pay 60$ to go see TKO MMA at the Bell Center, most of them are not even aware of the true evolution of MMA, the rules and more.

Theses fukkers can suck my candyass for good, bunch of idiots
    Good example, and well put.

Thread Information