sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink UFC upcoming fight night and following ppv

Guess that a part UFC71 that has a solid card the rest really feels like the old WWF of the 80, when there where superstars VS Jobbers.

I really hope that UFC shapes up with there fight cards cause has of now i am really not impressed.

Each ppv has 2 interesting fights at best and the rest of the card are filled with no name jobbers.

I really dont mean to offend any die hard ufc fans but it takes more then a guy like Keith Jardin do get me interested in a fight.

Now Dana White announcement on MMA Weekly is great and if Chuck vs Wandy does happen its all good.

UFC must learn from Pride, Pride fight cards where packed with interesting fights and made you want to order the ppv.

I really hope that UFC shapes up this year and gives us the MMA that we want to see.

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree. I'm suprised they havent figured this out yet. I like how you mentioned Keith Jardine because i cant stand that guy and thats who i would have said too!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    I agree. I'm suprised they havent figured this out yet. I like how you mentioned Keith Jardine because i cant stand that guy and thats who i would have said too!
    How can this guy be a pro fighter i mean this guy striking is terrible and ufc is making a big deal out of this guy?

Dont get me wrong there are tones of other jobbers in UFC like that fat ass no heart Sean Salmon.

That being said UFC does have some very interesting talent like Jake O'Brien, he was amazing against Herring. Gonzaga and many other great fighters that could file up amazing cards.

Dana is brilliant if you look at it, each ppv card has one or two match worth seeing and the rest is filled with mid card at best, he knows that the ppv will sell and gets away with paying the fighters ridiculous paychecks except the main events fighters.

I really hope that people realize that in the future and stop buying boring ppv, also UFC never shows the prelim fights, so you end up paying for 5-6 bouts tops.

Has a true MMA fan i am sad to say that i miss Pride and i really hope that things get better.

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    i, too, miss pride of old

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    How can this guy be a pro fighter i mean this guy striking is terrible and ufc is making a big deal out of this guy?

Dont get me wrong there are tones of other jobbers in UFC like that fat ass no heart Sean Salmon.

That being said UFC does have some very interesting talent like Jake O'Brien, he was amazing against Herring. Gonzaga and many other great fighters that could file up amazing cards.

Dana is brilliant if you look at it, each ppv card has one or two match worth seeing and the rest is filled with mid card at best, he knows that the ppv will sell and gets away with paying the fighters ridiculous paychecks except the main events fighters.

I really hope that people realize that in the future and stop buying boring ppv,
    also UFC never shows the prelim fights, so you end up paying for 5-6 bouts tops.

Has a true MMA fan i am sad to say that i miss Pride and i really hope that things get better.

Enough with the fighter bashing already.

I don't see you training your ass off day in and day out.

And as far as being a fat ass with no heart ... take a look in the mirror before you start degrading these guys.

Yeah ... you're a "real MMA fan"

hurricanejujitsu is offline Junior Member
    Gotta agree with Q.Storm...
    \ Im thankfull for UFC, even if they dont sign the top JiuJitsu Guys! It's all about $NUMBERS, and the average american wants to see a knockout...

Check out GFC for great JJ, but be prepared for quick matches ending in submission!

MMA doubled the money made by boxing in '06!

Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    Enough with the fighter bashing already.

I don't see you training your ass off day in and day out.

And as far as being a fat ass with no heart ... take a look in the mirror before you start degrading these guys.

Yeah ... you're a "real MMA fan"
    Shut up you lame prick, i am just expressing my toughts, i dont have to justify myself to a loser like you.

Damn idiot part of american top team my ass when are you going to show us what you have, i guess never.

Its a free country so everyone is entlitled to there own opinion, so if you dont like what i am writting just dont read, and dont reply your crap.

I really hate replying to idiots like you, this is all entertainment on a board and there is always a lame idiot that has a reply who was offended by what someone elses wrote.
    Last edited by sonar1234; 06-03-2007 at 09:03 AM.

Has far has your dumb ass training question, i train 7 days a week now, do tone of cardio and started the bas rutten cd, i do 5 rounds out of 7, in a week or two i should be able to complete the whole boxing cd.

And i can bet my ass that i train a lot more then you even with remaining back pains, weights plus cardio in the morning on an empty stomach and cardio at night.
    Last edited by sonar1234; 06-03-2007 at 09:06 AM.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn idiot part of american top team my ass when are you going to show us what you have, i guess never.

Has far has your dumb ass training question, i train 7 days a week now, do tone of cardio and started the bas rutten cd, i do 5 rounds out of 7, in a week or two i should be able to complete the whole boxing cd.

And i can bet my ass that i train a lot more then you even with remaining back pains, weights plus cardio in the morning on an empty stomach and cardio at night.
    Cmon dude .... let's be serious here.

You're more than welcome to come down to Coconut Creek, Florida. I'm there 6 days a week, training my ass off ... alongside some of the best fighters in the world.... not sitting at home wondering whether I should go get an MRI, or whether I should join a TKD school, or whether I should end my life because my back hurts. I don't get to workout at my own pace, like you do. I am pushed from the moment I get into the gym.

All you do is bash fighters ... and you think it's ok. These guys live their lives to fight, and don't need or deserve that bullshit, especially from someone like you.

You can sit there and call me all the names in the book man ... it just goes to show how truly pathetic of a man you really are.

If you're willing ... I'll be waiting.

D-Bo Dre is offline Member
    The first ever AR match up!! I got $20 on quitestorm

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    Actually the UFC does a great job on their cards IMO. Yeah, 71 was a little weak, but you had one of the biggest fights of the year on that card. 72 is weak, but if you look back on all the cards since Dec, they have been great and this year will continue.

Plus all the FREE fight nights they have, then the FREE one from London. The Tito vs. Shamrock II was a questionable early stoppage, so they gave the fans a free fight night. What other org does this?

skinnyhb is offline Member
    holy sherdog batman!

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Shut up you lame prick, i am just expressing my toughts, i dont have to justify myself to a loser like you.

Its a free country so everyone is entlitled to there own opinion, so if you dont like what i am writting just dont read, and dont reply your crap.

I really hate replying to idiots like you, this is all entertainment on a board and there is always a lame idiot that has a reply who was offended by what someone elses wrote.
    This statement is so hypocritical its funny. You telling him not to reply if he doesn't like your opinon and how you can express your opinion whenever you want. Well he is doing the same thing, expressing his opinion and you replied just like you told him not to if he didn't like it. Think before you write.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Bo Dre
    The first ever AR match up!! I got $20 on quitestorm
    Quite storm wins by default, sonar is disqualified

THE JU-ICE is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    Cmon dude .... let's be serious here.

You're more than welcome to come down to Coconut Creek, Florida. I'm there 6 days a week, training my ass off ... alongside some of the best fighters in the world.... not sitting at home wondering whether I should go get an MRI, or whether I should join a TKD school, or whether I should end my life because my back hurts. I don't get to workout at my own pace, like you do. I am pushed from the moment I get into the gym.

All you do is bash fighters ... and you think it's ok. These guys live their lives to fight, and don't need or deserve that bullshit, especially from someone like you.

You can sit there and call me all the names in the book man ... it just goes to show how truly pathetic of a man you really are.

If you're willing ... I'll be waiting.

I usually dont like to see people get banned, but that dude was out of line. I cant believe he said that shit. I have to say that no matter how "no name" someone may be it takes balls to get in a cage with another warrior. The sport is just evolving and there are a lot of up and coming fighters nobody knows. I personally like Jardine. He is a tough guy and knocked out Forrest Griffin. Forrest is an extremely tough guy with a lot of heart. He went 3 close rounds with Tito and has a number of other exciting fights. Training and fighting is so difficult and to think this new fan base bashes and boo's fighters, I cant stand it. The way I see it, put the gloves on and fight or shut the hell up!!!!!!

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    All respects to all fighters out there, but I have to side with FREEDOM OF SPEECH on this one.

People have to be able to criticize other people, its part of how the world function. It might even lead to clues on where a person needs to improve on.

We've all heard people say stuff like A-rod Sucks. and etc.. Now Alex Rodriguez is one of the best baseball players in the world. Sometimes even he has slumps and people say "he sucks".
    It really is just stating the truth, in that right now he is slumping thats all.

So maybe when SONAR said that Jardine was lame to him, because of his weak punching power. Maybe that is the truth also. Maybe his power is sub-par and such compared to some others and stuff.

Quietstorm got offended here, but I think its maybe good to hear what fans of MMA who are not fighters actually think of certain fighters.

Heres my FREEDOM OF SPEECH, I think that anyone who does not participate in a certain activity can not give a truly honest opinion. Although this may be taken out of proportion I am stating this as far as the fight game goes. That dude sonar was just being outright rude. Admin made a good choice banning someone who would make others uncomfortable. Jardines weak punching power????? He dropped Forrest Griffin.... a known bad ass. Im sorry but that last post bewildered me.Its good to hear what people who dont fight have to say about fighters.... sorry man I disagree and Im sure I speak for anyone who gets on the mat, in the ring, or in the cage. I throw down a few times a week and I really dont care what someone who doesn't have the balls to do the same thinks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but sometimes we should keep it to ourselves.

CJC1981 is offline Associate Member
    The idea that you can't criticize an athlete unless you compete in the same sport seems pretty ridiculous to me. Have you guys never criticized an athlete of a sport you didn't compete in??? EVERYONE DOES!!! I guess if you guys had your way ESPN would be out of business. MMA is becoming a main stream sport along the lines of baseball, football, etc. People will always have fighters they love, and fighters they think suck. It's all part of more people becoming passionate about the sport. Lighten up.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Trash talk! it's all good...it brings the game on. I like to hear it and give it... in jester at least... when some knuckle head starts running his mouth seriously with no reason, I just laugh... I wouldn't get overly offended... ***ends on where it is coming from... if it is your main competitor, then the game is on, but if it is from john doe, well... you have to learn to laugh it off and say whatever.. when I was younger and building confidence I would get offended...now, it just cracks you up and I laugh inside or outloud or whatever... I think he had a few good points about some matchups, but he also sounded like a goof ball too and started running his mouth.... specially when sonar started talking about his training game..lol. oh well . btw i got my money on quiet storm...up it to $50

When the critisim is coming from an opponent its steps up the game, but when its coming from some clown ass at a bar its offensive. People will always judge others, but fighting is a way of life and a part of the human species, right back to day one in nature. Its more than just a sport.

Thread Information