millionairemurph is offline Senior Member

diaz vs gamburian? Penn vs pulver?

What do you guys think? The second fight is an easier pick, bj for sure. Bj keeps saying hes gonna win by knockout,and although it would be more satisfying for him to pound jens like he did that Japanese guy ( whats his nameThe one he ko'd after the fling kick attempt in the first?) i think he might get a submission.
    Diaz was my favorite fighter to watch on the show, great personality, tough as hell, versatile fighter. Plus he didnt complain like a puss everytime something didnt go his way. Stepping to "the heat" =balls as well. That being said, at 6'0'' hes too tall for 55 imo, and seems physically weaker that the other fighters especialy manny. Diaz doesnt seem to have much on his strikes.
    Manny although strong, and having good takedown skills didnt impress me with his win over gray.My pick, Diaz

$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by millionairemurph
    What do you guys think? The second fight is an easier pick, bj for sure. Bj keeps saying hes gonna win by knockout,and although it would be more satisfying for him to pound jens like he did that Japanese guy ( whats his nameThe one he ko'd after the fling kick attempt in the first?) i think he might get a submission.
    Diaz was my favorite fighter to watch on the show, great personality, tough as hell, versatile fighter. Plus he didnt complain like a puss everytime something didnt go his way. Stepping to "the heat" =balls as well. That being said, at 6'0'' hes too tall for 55 imo, and seems physically weaker that the other fighters especialy manny. Diaz doesnt seem to have much on his strikes.
    Manny although strong, and having good takedown skills didnt impress me with his win over gray.My pick, Diaz
    I think your talking about Caul Uno..... and I just dont c Diaz catchin manny in a submission and if dats the case i gotta go with manny by Decision

it was caol uno.Thx. Knocked the f out in an impressive fashon. I can still see bj charging him and pounding him, he was out before he hit the ground.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I could see Manny taking Diaz, Penn and Pulver I actually could see going either way. I know most think Penn will take it, but they said that last time too.

pepperoni is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by millionairemurph
    Manny didn't beat Gray, Diaz did. Manny beat Joe in the semis.... with that being said my picks are Manny and Penn.

Quil is offline Member
    Diaz and Penn

nalbano34 is offline Member
    I am pretty positive that Penn can take that fight. I also see Manny winning due to his takedowns and keeping the opponent on the ground. I hate his style, it is kinda boring for me because he really just gets his opponent down and then does shit.

TR'05 is offline Member
    I haven't watched much of the season, so I am not too sure about Diaiz and Manny...I have heard that Manny is a practioner on the LnP style...Also, I hear that Diaz is both weak and not too great of a striker. I'll say Diaz on this one.

As for the Jens and BJ....I'd have to go with BJ. He's coming off of two tough losses...one where he simply looked like he gassed and another where he looked great (against GSP). Jens has a lot to proove again...on paper, though, it's a terrible matchup for Jens...BJ will strike with him and if it goes to the ground, we all know BJ will capitalize. If BJ had no problems getting down to 155 he should take it in the 2nd.

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    Jens and Manny.

alan7890 is offline Junior Member
    diaz and penn

twosocks40 is offline Member
    Manny and Penn. I wasn't impressed with what I saw from Diaz. I thought his BJJ would have been a lot better.

Mark Yager is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7890
    diaz and penn

Alfamale is offline Associate Member
    Penn and Manny

i saw the show spike had on about the ultimate fighter finale. Bj penn looks like he's in great shape!!

ectomorph28 is offline Associate Member
    Manny and Pulver. Pulvers the underdog and I think hes going to catch Penn.

DeBaie is offline Junior Member
    Diaz wow...
    Man does that kid put himself in some tight finishes.
    Manny is very strong, and has some aggressive standup..
    Something Diaz seems very timid of.
    Diaz definitly lacks a LOT of the skills that his brotehr excels in. (Nick)

Nate I see as being inexperienced, and for now, in need of some serious training. He is very weak, and relies heavily upon his height, especially for a 155er.

His takedown attempts lag, his clinch not so bad.. but I personally see a GnP victory by Manny

As for Penn vs. Pulver..

I would love for a Pulver victory, but hmm..
    Chances of that happening are like Serra KO'n GSP..
    Oh wait? That did happen

ccsranker is offline New Member
    Manny and Pulver ... Diaz has looked vulnerable in his fights and his apparent weakness (standing, overall strength) is where Manny excels. I expect Manny to ground-and-pound all fight long. It's an interesting fight because of they are on extremes in terms of their physique (Manny = small, built like a fire hydraunt; Diaz = tall and wiry). Pulver/Penn is a toss-up but I see Pulver landing a haymaker early on and taking control.

Cocklyaev is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBaie

I would love for a Pulver victory, but hmm..
    Chances of that happening are like Serra KO'n GSP..
    Oh wait? That did happen

Lol, funny...but like you said anything is possible...especially if pulver won the first fight. I love BJ and all, and i think he has an awesome chance in the fight, but how can you not love Jens...hes like everyones weirdo lookin friend, that will eat you. Not that that has anything to do with his abilities in the cage. I really cant decide, they are both insane fighters.

As far as the diaz and gamburyan fight...you cant really judge by who beat who and who didnt beat who in the prelims, because we saw joe lauzon ko pulver a year ago, and this season gamburyan beat him..shit happens..not that one really has to do with the other.

I agree manny is a bore to watch because he is afraid to standup and take his strength to the feet instead of plopping all over lauzon in that whole fight.
    Id like to see manny standup with diaz, but as far as the winner i think it manny will overpower him. Diaz could pull off a submission imo though.

Why the fruck am i writing all this...it stars in an hour, we'll see then.

Thread Information