Thread: Human Weapon

zipster_dude is offline Associate Member

Human Weapon

You guys ever watch that show Human Weapon? What do you think?

sphincter is offline Member
    seen a few trailers and clips here and ther eon the net.. seems O.K. if you just wanna know some history about the different arts or wanna see some semi-obscure sheit.. I don't think it has much training value though.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    i enjoy the show

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    I also enjoy this show

I watched it for the first time the other day. Looks pretty cool...

abombing is offline Associate Member
    It's a good show. Some of the fights @ the end are like sparring matches though not real fights. The Thai match, the judo match, and the MMA matches seemed like they were taking ti really easy.

I noticed that too.. guess it makes for a bad show if the hosts get killed...no one could expect those guys to face a "champ" in that dicipline after a week of training though...

I did see one where they beat the hell out of each other with sticks..I can't remember the name of the martial art.

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zipster_dude
    I noticed that too.. guess it makes for a bad show if the hosts get killed...no one could expect those guys to face a "champ" in that dicipline after a week of training though...

I did see one where they beat the hell out of each other with sticks..I can't remember the name of the martial art.
    “Filipino stick-fighting” and known by other names (Arnis de mano, Escrima, Kali), Eskrima

bRKBEATz is offline Junior Member
    I like the show too.

Did anyone see "Last One Standing" last night on Discovery channel?

I thought it was great and much more realistic. All these guys went to some native camp in Africa and learned their wrestling style. Then they fought the rival tribe after like a wekk of training and they all got their asses handed to them.

Quote Originally Posted by bRKBEATz
    I like the show too.

Did anyone see "Last One Standing" last night on Discovery channel?

I thought it was great and much more realistic. All these guys went to some native camp in Africa and learned their wrestling style. Then they fought the rival tribe after like a wekk of training and they all got their asses handed to them.

Saw the previews, looks cool...

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    the guy Bill Duff from human weopon looks so slow and uncoordinated in every fight he has. I love it. All he talks about is how big he is. Jason actually know some jits and has decent movement and standup skill as well.
    The mma fight last week they went sooooo easy on bill. Either that or the guy he fought just had a stroke or something. There is no way a former heavyweight champ, and bjj black belt couldnt take down Bill. And he didnt really hit him in the face either.

kihop is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by millionairemurph
    the guy Bill Duff from human weopon looks so slow and uncoordinated in every fight he has. I love it. All he talks about is how big he is. Jason actually know some jits and has decent movement and standup skill as well.
    The mma fight last week they went sooooo easy on bill. Either that or the guy he fought just had a stroke or something. There is no way a former heavyweight champ, and bjj black belt couldnt take down Bill. And he didnt really hit him in the face either.
    yeah i cant stand hearing that guy give explanations on techniques...he also has the tiniest saddest looking tattoo of the punisher skull on his arm.

FRANk THe TANk is offline Associate Member
    i like how they drill a move for like 10 minutes and then say "i think this move will really help us in our fight against the champ".... 10 minutes to mastery

Jason's ju-jits is pretty sick. When he fought the Judo champ though he had no chance. The guy went easy on him and still ipponed him 4 or 5 times. Bill always talks about his wrestling experience but when they were drilling a basic double leg he seemed clueless until the told him to do a football tackle, then he looked ok. His scraps with the pankration guy and the karate guy were pretty good though.

Quote Originally Posted by millionairemurph
    Agreed, he is a goofy bastard....How the hell did he land that role? And yes, they do take it pretty easy on him.

Quote Originally Posted by zipster_dude
    Agreed, he is a goofy bastard....How the hell did he land that role? And yes, they do take it pretty easy on him.
    Because he's a big dude and claimed he can wrestle. It is pretty interesting seeing some smaller guys who are really good at their style fight a big strong guy like that.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    good show. last one was on MMA and they trained with Eddie Bravo, Ricco, Randy, Barnett and a few others.

Thread Information