$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member

Ufc 81-------> Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir

Im thinking Brock might try to keep this fight standing but who knows

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/UFC.com-C...or-UFC-81.html

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Frank-Mir...ck-Lesnar.html
    Last edited by $$TML 4 LIFE$$; 11-07-2007 at 05:22 PM.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    I really hope Frank Mir wins this fight ... I would love to see him get back to his old form.

sphincter is offline Member
    yeah, I think Frank will take it. Brock is a big guy but Frank has tons more experience. I saw Brock fight at the K1 Dynamite here in LA and it was nothing special. I think Frank will have litle trouble dispatching this guy.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I'm surprised that Brock is fighting Mir after only one MMA fight.

xpijeonx is offline Associate Member
    If Mir can come back in his old form I think he will do well, if he comes in as the Mir as of late, I think it will be over in the first round. He has been in piss poor condition his last few fights IMO.

I think that if Lesnar comes in and meets all the hype behind him he will be a force to be reckoned with in his class. He may never have THE BEST skills or be the most well rounded but I am sure he is stupid strong, does have a long wrestling history and to me it looks like he has to cut to make weight. Not that it really matters but just that he is one big SOB.

Only time will tell though, sure he has fought one fight but to me that was a circus match and a very short one at that.

Thomass is offline New Member
    Thats a great fight to look forward to

bigdog123 is offline Junior Member
    brock lesnar wow its actually true he's doing UFC..... football to wwe to football , tried to get back to wwe..... goes to TNA....and now UFC ... he's pretty incredible though wonder if hes gonna win... bop

Marek is offline New Member
    I foresee Brock winning this fight just on brute physicality and then losing when he fails his first piss test Any way this guy is natural? Of course I know its all about timing too but damn this guy is a monster. If the Mir of old shows up I see Mir winning but he just hasn't been the same after his accident.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    if they stay standing who the **** knows. i have never seen either of them strike enough for me to try and make a guess about the standup. odds are it will come down to two things. can lesnar takedown mir, and can mir sub lesnar.

Thomass is offline New Member
    lesnar is a true monster. Great wrestling background, about time he got into real fighting,

vettewreck is offline Banned
    Lesnar has never failed a piss test. Not 1 single one all through college or wrestling. However...he did get caught with hgh once. Brock also trimmed down from 285lbs to 265 to meet UFC weight limit. However, being as how he knows how to "cut" weight, expect to see him weigh in at 265, but get in the cage the next day at closer to 280lbs. Brock also has a amature college wrestling record of 106-5. I think he will do just find standing...or on the ground. (as long as hes been practicing sub defense, which he says he has been)

^^^ Thats good to hear I really would like to see the hw division take off with some great match ups. With Fedor signing with M1 and Randy potentially leaving he UFC we need a star in the hw division.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vettewreck View Post
    Lesnar has never failed a piss test. Not 1 single one all through college or wrestling. However...he did get caught with hgh once. Brock also trimmed down from 285lbs to 265 to meet UFC weight limit. However, being as how he knows how to "cut" weight, expect to see him weigh in at 265, but get in the cage the next day at closer to 280lbs. Brock also has a amature college wrestling record of 106-5. I think he will do just find standing...or on the ground. (as long as hes been practicing sub defense, which he says he has been)
    There are so many athletes who have never failed a piss test who aren't natural. So don't use that as a qualification for being natural. I've never failed a weed test, but smoke on a regular basis. C'mon don't be naive.

Hawse is offline Junior Member
    I have met him in person, back in his WWE days. A REAL ASSHOLE, nobody can tell me he is natural. Not that it matters to me anyways, but he is a monster.

fdrx7man is offline Member
    to all the hulkamaniacs out there!! be prepared cause hogans going to UFC elderly tourmanemt next!!! whooaaa!!!! he knows you cant bring in forgin objects like pure steel chairs and solid oak tables.. and so fourth right??

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    There are so many athletes who have never failed a piss test who aren't natural. So don't use that as a qualification for being natural. I've never failed a weed test, but smoke on a regular basis. C'mon don't be naive.
    I tend to agree when you look at the guy. After awhile one kind of gets an idea of what can and cannot be attained naturally. I've seen quite a few vids of the guy and I just have to go with "not natural". If he is natural, he is certainly a freak of nature.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A preview of Lesnar and Mir squaring off.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2n9zJHahEBI

fdrx7man is offline Member
    Lesnar should take it!! hes a beast!!

abombing is offline Associate Member
    If Mir would actually train this should be an easy fight for him. The only laps he's done for his last few fights was around the Buffet.

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post

True. 7 of the guys on my squad were juicing in college. At least in the 90's, students were hired to "view" the wrestlers actually do their piss test before Nationals. They got payed off and none of these guys ever got caught.

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    Given Lesnar's size and wrestling experience, he's one scary dude. If he can take a punch, then there might not be too much competition. He has a lot to prove, but lots of potential imo.

I just can't wait for him to bodyslam Tim Silvia.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This should be a good one. Lesnar kind of reminds me of when Mark Coleman first entered the octagon. he was a huge monster with mad wrestling skills. If lesnar is like that, he will be unrivaled. He talks a big game, and wrestlers always do well in the octagon. Wow, should be good to see. This guy is a superstar, goes straight for the top. Anyone that has his history in wrestling, his size better be taken seriously. Nobody can walk on to an NFL team and get a shot like he did. He has to be an athletic stud. Watch out Mir.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Mir by armbar.

sphincter is offline Member
    Mir has so much more cage experience, not to mention MMA training. Brock, while supposed to be a great wrestler and hughe guy, will be no match for Frank Mir's incredible skill and level of polish in the cage. Only chance Brock has IMO is to get in a lucky/good shot when frank is on the way in to take him down and spank him

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    we will see shortly, i got 10 bucks on Brock....lol

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi93 View Post
    Mir is on his way out.

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    I think its goood to put some money on MIr since he is the underdog.

Only way i see brock winning is with some really good and technical GNP. He has to be smart not to leave a Arm hanging around.

I think advantage on feet goes to Mir. Since we really haven't seen much of Brocks stand up ability

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Also I think the UFC is fuking Mir over by making him walk in first. He was former champ for fuk sakes. Brock has 1 mma fight and never been in UFC.

Also as a side note ufc is using Tna wrestling to promote this event. Trying to bring in new fans

MrKneebar is offline New Member
    I just put 2 bills on Mir.... I am pray'n for a Gogo but it'll probly be an armbar.
    WAARRRRR MIIIIRRRR!!!!!!

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi93 View Post
    Yeah, I wish they would give Kimbo some comp now. This is the difference when fighting in an organization like EliteXC and UFC.

meathead320 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by $$TML 4 LIFE$$ View Post
    Im thinking Brock might try to keep this fight standing but who knows

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/UFC.com-C...or-UFC-81.html

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Frank-Mir...ck-Lesnar.html
    I thought he was best "on the floor", and less impressive standing?

$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead320 View Post
    I thought he was best "on the floor", and less impressive standing?
    Brocks Strength is his wresting, Mirs strength is jujitzu. I thought he might wanna stand and bang instead of taking him down and maybe getting caught in a submission

notatallafreak is offline New Member
    frank mir just a bad mother fukker cant see it any other way

notatallafreak is offline New Member
    brok is a gorrilla tho just threw him around like a toy

Thread Information