Pooks is offline Anabolic Member

FEDOR and CONTOUR Big Meeting on Thursday

Fedor Emelianenko and Randy Couture to Meet on Thursday
    Dann Stupp, MMAjunkie.com
    January 14, 2008

Former PRIDE heavyweight champion and current M-1 Global fighter Fedor Emelianenko will meet with estranged UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture on Thursday -- likely to discuss the bout that the two fighters have long desired.

The news comes from the m1mixfight.com website, which is run by Emelianenko's management team, which is headed by Vadim Finkelstein.

ADVERTISEMENT
    Although it's being held under the guise of a business meeting between Emelianenko and representatives of Couture's Affliction clothing line (Emelianenko may sign a sponsorship deal with the company), Emelianenko "plans to meet Randy Couture there to discuss things in person," according to the website. Those "things" could include a future fight.

The meeting will take place in Los Angeles.

Back in October, Couture announced his resignation from the UFC citing a lack of respect from UFC officials, issues of his pay, and the UFC's inability to sign then-top free agent Emelianenko to a UFC contract (Couture had stated on numerous occasions that a victory over Emelianenko is about the only thing the 44-year-old think that he has left to accomplish in his career). Couture plans to sit out of competition until October, when he feels his UFC fight and employment contracts expire. However, UFC President Dana White had continually stated that the contracts won't expire until Couture fulfills the terms of the deal.

The matter's likely to end up in the courts.

Emelianenko, a 31-year-old Russian, signed a non-exclusive deal with the restructured M-1 Global organization in October. He was permitted to compete in a New Year's Eve show in Japan against 7-foot-2 kickboxer Hong-Man Choi, whom he submitted in just under two minutes. The victory pushed Emelianenko's record to 27-1.

As for the potential Couture-Emelianenko fight -- if it ever happens -- it has the potential to be one of the biggest fights in MMA history. A number of organizations are already thought to be vying for hosting duties.

facile is offline Member
    Someday!!!! Definitely one of the biggest fights ever!

Ridla is offline Associate Member
    fedor 1st round

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Im not going to get too excited just yet. Fedor decision.

sorel_C is offline Member
    im thinking couture will take him,, somehow that guy seems to usually always get the win!!

darkseed is offline Associate Member
    Fedor is a freakin beast. i think Couture will get his ass served up on a platter!! then dana white can shove all of that shyt he talked about Fedor up his own ass.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    cant wait

darkseed is offline Associate Member
    Randy was the man...WAS!!! im not really sure why that bytch walked out on the UFC. i really hope it wasnt about money. the UFC isnt known to have a bunch of millionaires like boxing does.

dank1970 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darkseed View Post
    Randy was the man...WAS!!! im not really sure why that bytch walked out on the UFC. i really hope it wasnt about money. the UFC isnt known to have a bunch of millionaires like boxing does.
    oh really?http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=662497 how about 13 to 15 mill for four fights? and btw anyone who would call randy a byatch is obvioulsly retarted anyway

$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dank1970 View Post
    oh really?http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=662497 how about 13 to 15 mill for four fights? and btw anyone who would call randy a byatch is obvioulsly retarted anyway
    n e 1 who actually believes theyd offer him that money is retarded...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by $$TML 4 LIFE$$ View Post
    n e 1 who actually believes theyd offer him that money is retarded...
    that is a serious bank for four fights. randy has been paid 1/4 mill for a single fight in the past along with other fighters bringing even more for a single fight. they paid gracie 400,000 for his loss to hughes and paid hughes 100,000 to beat him.With the all the sucsess the ufc is having lately selling out every event and making millions on ppv the purse will go up for certain fighters and they will eventually make more than boxers. its where the money is in fighting these days, its what people want to see. I dont even hear anyone talk about boxing anymore,even when its a big name bout.Randy is all buisiness so I would bet it was in the 7 figures for sure.maybe not 15 mill but who knows. how much you think Dana makes a year? the ufc has become a multimillion dollar a year industry and they wouldnt be there if they didnt have fighters to make it with.

facile is offline Member
    Dana claims the UFC has just become profitable, that they had sunk so much cash in it took a few years to recoup, So does this mean now there is more $$$$ for the fighters? With some competition it probably would but UFC signs exclusive contracts, to lock up their fighters and keep the pay down???

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Last I checked he had the belt.....so I guess that would mean .........wait..........he's still the man.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Man, stop being retarded. Who are you to call any professional MMA fighter a bitch, let alone Randy Couture?

I'm waiting..fess up...let us know.
    ***No source checks!!!***

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    .....and waiting.....

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by T.R.D View Post
    .....and waiting.....
    LOL yah me too! lol

maybe that lawsuit put a stop to the meeting..

UFC Sues Heavyweight Champ Randy Couture
    Posted by MMA Junkie on January 15, 2008 at 9:42 am ET

Randy CoutureZuffa LLC, the UFC’s parent company, filed a lawsuit on Monday against heavyweight champion Randy Couture in the Clark County District Court stemming from the fighter’s public statements about the organization and his new involvement with the competing International Fight League.

News of the lawsuit was reported in today’s edition of The Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Couture, who came out of retirement to defeat Tim Sylvia for the UFC’s heavyweight title in March 2007, resigned from the organization this past October citing a number of complaints, including a lack of respect from UFC officials, issues over his pay (including a promised signing bonus he claimed the UFC never paid him), and the UFC’s inability to sign then-top free agent Fedor Emelianenko.

The lawsuit seeks both compensatory and punitive damages due to Couture’s recent comments, and the UFC is also seeking an injunction to halt Couture’s involvement with the ***. Earlier this month, the *** announced that the organization would drop city-affiliated teams and would instead draw its fighters from already-established fight camps. The Xtreme Couture gym is one of four set to compete at the ***’s season opener on Feb. 29.

According to today’s story at www.lvjr.com, Couture may not be the only in the UFC’s crosshairs:

Monday’s lawsuit claims Couture’s negative statements about the company constituted “injurious falsehood and trade disparagement” that has led to significant financial losses for the UFC.

The lawsuit also alleges conspiracy, stating that several unnamed parties to be identified at a later date worked with Couture to intentionally inflict harm on the UFC.

UFC President Dana White was quoted as saying that Couture wasn’t fulfilling the obligations set forth in his contract and that “Captain America is not keeping his word.“

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    From what I heard is that the meeting wasnt about the fight, but about fedor talking to the affliction guys about a t shirt, or sumthin like that.

I think Randys stressed bcuz chuckies not the champ n e more and he still gets paid more than couture. Also supposedly bcus he never got the signing bonus he was promised.

Sucks that he left tho i wanted to see him and Nog go at it

Blog Entries
    makes me hate Dana White even more

abombing is offline Associate Member
    Anyone who says Fedor is going to walk through Randy is a moron. All that does is help Randy's chances. Every time people think he's the underdog he comes through with an amazing win. This will be an awesome fight!

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    I think they are almost equal just in different ways. Randy has better dirty boxing and wrestling, and Fedor has better stand up , and submissions. Here is the problem. Fedor has way better stand up at a distance. I mean he is better at range, and closing range quicker than randy.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    muriloninja...man who is that girl in your avy!!! shes smokin

ectomorph28 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dank1970 View Post
    that is a serious bank for four fights. randy has been paid 1/4 mill for a single fight in the past along with other fighters bringing even more for a single fight. they paid gracie 400,000 for his loss to hughes and paid hughes 100,000 to beat him.With the all the sucsess the ufc is having lately selling out every event and making millions on ppv the purse will go up for certain fighters and they will eventually make more than boxers. its where the money is in fighting these days, its what people want to see. I dont even hear anyone talk about boxing anymore,even when its a big name bout.Randy is all buisiness so I would bet it was in the 7 figures for sure.maybe not 15 mill but who knows. how much you think Dana makes a year? the ufc has become a multimillion dollar a year industry and they wouldnt be there if they didnt have fighters to make it with.
    UFC has tanked in Ireland and England. They have been accused of inflating attendance figures and they still pay their fighters peanuts. Fighters make their money off of endorsements, TV, etc... And even than those are only the best MMA fighters. Some guys even in the UFC hold down full-time jobs including Chris Lytle and Jason Black.

They will NEVER make more than boxers. Never. You really think that a UFC fighter will make 30 million dollars like Floyd Mayweather did. HAHA.

UFC is NOT a FAD. But it is a NAME. And thats what people are attracted to right now. The name NOT the sport. A girl I go to school with buys every UFC PPV and yet doesnt know what the actual sport of MMA is.

If MMA is so popular as you say it is why did the Fedor/Lindland fight do only 13,000 buys on PPV? How come PRIDEFC with all their great fighters and having Henderson/Silva headline their PPV do only 30,000 buys?

Boxing also shattered UFC's PPV records set in 2006 in 2007. Boxing is doing just fine in America and its DOING EVEN BETTER GLOBALLY. Alot better. In fact its WAY more popular at the international level than MMA is and probably will EVER be.

ectomorph28 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abombing View Post
    Anyone who says Fedor is going to walk through Randy is a moron. All that does is help Randy's chances. Every time people think he's the underdog he comes through with an amazing win. This will be an awesome fight!
    Exactly. I think Randy has a great chance to beat Fedor in this fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ectomorph28 View Post
    UFC has tanked in Ireland and England. They have been accused of inflating attendance figures and they still pay their fighters peanuts. Fighters make their money off of endorsements, TV, etc... And even than those are only the best MMA fighters. Some guys even in the UFC hold down full-time jobs including Chris Lytle and Jason Black.

They will NEVER make more than boxers. Never. You really think that a UFC fighter will make 30 million dollars like Floyd Mayweather did. HAHA.

UFC is NOT a FAD. But it is a NAME. And thats what people are attracted to right now. The name NOT the sport. A girl I go to school with buys every UFC PPV and yet doesnt know what the actual sport of MMA is.

If MMA is so popular as you say it is why did the Fedor/Lindland fight do only 13,000 buys on PPV? How come PRIDEFC with all their great fighters and having Henderson/Silva headline their PPV do only 30,000 buys?

Boxing also shattered UFC's PPV records set in 2006 in 2007. Boxing is doing just fine in America and its DOING EVEN BETTER GLOBALLY. Alot better. In fact its WAY more popular at the international level than MMA is and probably will EVER be.
    never mind I guess I dont know what I am talking about. you win I'm retarded

Last edited by Pooks; 01-24-2008 at 01:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    looks like from pic 2 like the fight is gonna happen?

Thread Information