Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    langs13 is offline New Member

embarrassing question

I i have question. I get picked on alot and i was just wondering what was the best way to learn to be able to defend myself. I started lifting so i could get more respect but i still am having problems. Any suggestions?

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    try taking some kind of self defense classes

what exactly is the problem daniel son

admirals56 is offline Banned
    idk if u can fight but show them ur not scared and kick them in the balls!!! sure they might talk shit but they wont touch u again

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Weights mean dick when it comes to fighting.

Not to sound cocky but i have a problem cause i get some real hot girls that hook up with me and other guys usually try starting stuff with me over girls and i keep a pretty cool head about it but i've been jumped before and beat up a couple of times and i just need to get better at standing up for my self

self deffense classes bro

we need pics of the hot chics your talkin about to really help out

haha i cant post other girls pictures up here thats kinda wrong. what kind of self defense class should i take cause i know there are some at my college

see what they have to offer i guess anything would be better than nothing

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblin freak View Post
    He is probably too young to know who Mr. Miagi is. lol

Now I must go wax on, wax off.

haha come on i know all about karate kid give me a little credit guys

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry it wasnt a dig. I was just giving Ramblina hard time about his age

Kennedy is offline Associate Member
    LOL

Check out Jeet Kune Do

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I would try hanging out with a more mature crowd.

loydchristmas is offline New Member
    You gotta go to a womens self defense class like Bobby Hill.

1st lesson: When you are attacked scream out " I dont know you!!!! He stole my purse!!"

2nd Lesson: Kick them in the nuts.

Really though i would see if anyone has BJJ classes around. That and go to a boxing gym and learn the basics.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    self defense is not really gonna help you if you getting jumped by 2 or more people. What I would do is gain 50-80 pounds of muscle and problem solved

Blog Entries
    what are your stats btw?

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexed View Post
    self defense is not really gonna help you if you getting jumped by 2 or more people. What I would do is gain 50-80 pounds of muscle and problem solved
    what's the muscle gonna do for you when you're getting punched in the face ?

Blog Entries
    for example lets say Langs stats are 6'1 190 pounds... people dont see him as a threat they think he is a weakling and not scared to take him. now 6'1 250+ pounds what do you think of him now?

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Call the cops!

miguy82 is offline Associate Member
    Ya whats ur stats?and how athletic r you? if ur not the most athletic im not sure self defense classes will help what so ever..

What types of kids r picking on u also, thugs, preps/ jocks?

Are these big or skinny wanna be though guys?

bahahahaha sorry guys inside joke

well Im 5'10" 150 so obviously I dont put the fear of god in these people but usually its kids at parties n shit like that. I got jumped by three kids on a D1 wrestling team so i didnt have a chance with that but i'm pretty athletic and im kinda tough played lacrosse in highschool and soccer all my life. Like most of the kids are just wanna be tough guys and people who think they are big. I dunno i'm just tired of it

thats sucks bro!The problem is weights are not going to help u right now.Maybe down the road it might work out for ya.There is no easy solution i mean what are u gonna say come back in 5 years when im all buffed up and i'll kick your azz!My suggestion is just try to ignore it walk away if that doesn't work then its time to throw down win or lose its not gonna matter ur only hope is to land a few shots and make em think twice for next time

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    attitude is everything, dont take shit and let evryone know that, id do bagwork(heavy and speed)just to get used to throwing punches, after a little time it'll be very natural and u'll be alot more confident and able to throw down, thats the cheap route, otherwise id hit your local mui-thai gym and learn how to beat ass

Alright thanks guys i really appreciate the suggestions/help

it doesn't take much to make someone think twice! u dont fight to show strength u fight to win so whatever it takes if thats what it comes down to!

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member

Worst advise I have heard in a long time. I cant even believe you posted that.

for example lets say Langs stats are 6'1 190 pounds... people dont see him as a threat they think he is a weakling and not scared to take him. now 6'1 250+ pounds what do you think of him now?
    First of all that is not always true. Second it doesnt mean jack if you are jumped by 2 or more people 99% of the time.

it doesn't take much to make someone think twice! u dont fight to show strength u fight to win so whatever it takes if thats what it comes down to!

Yeah, I mean if you are being jumped, I would eye gouge and groin kick my ass off. I mean I wouldnt normally recommed this, but if someone jumps you they deserve. Check out bas Rutten self defense dvd. It is pretty sweet, and shows you how to diffuse a situation with multiple people. I mean it isnt a 100% full proof, but nothing is.

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Go to some kick boxing classes. Teach you the basics how to block a punch and how to throw one

miguy82 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOADY4SHOADY View Post
    Yeah, I mean if you are being jumped, I would eye gouge and groin kick my ass off. I mean I wouldnt normally recommed this, but if someone jumps you they deserve. Check out bas Rutten self defense dvd. It is pretty sweet, and shows you how to diffuse a situation with multiple people. I mean it isnt a 100% full proof, but nothing is.
    Dude u think eyegouging is really gonna work when ur getting jumped? Have u ever been jumped.. thats the last thing id be thinking about while i have 6 fists or feet flying at me wtf

When ur getting jumped by 2+ people and there on u like flies on shit ur most likely gonna be on the ground in 30 sec..(esp if there wrestlers as stated above). Id say take some basic boxing lessons since thats where it starts out, learn to keep ur distance and how to counter strike and dodge punches..

Since ur 5'10 150 id also say putting on muscle is a big thing, as it helps with power and the ability to grapple better if there trying to rush u to the ground..People saying muscle doesnt matter r stupid strength plays a big role in a fight if u know how to apply it.

I bet if u got up to 170-175 people wouldnt mess with u near as much as ud prob be the same size as them.

Well good luck and most the time walk away..

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    If its the same group of guys giving you shit all the time find a new group to hang around with. Sometimes the best thing to do is to leave the situation or not even put yourself in a situation that looks like it could be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by miguy82 View Post
    Dude u think eyegouging is really gonna work when ur getting jumped? Have u ever been jumped.. thats the last thing id be thinking about while i have 6 fists or feet flying at me wtf

When ur getting jumped by 2+ people and there on u like flies on shit ur most likely gonna be on the ground in 30 sec..(esp if there wrestlers as stated above). Id say take some basic boxing lessons since thats where it starts out, learn to keep ur distance and how to counter strike and dodge punches..

Since ur 5'10 150 id also say putting on muscle is a big thing, as it helps with power and the ability to grapple better if there trying to rush u to the ground..People saying muscle doesnt matter r stupid strength plays a big role in a fight if u know how to apply it.

I bet if u got up to 170-175 people wouldnt mess with u near as much as ud prob be the same size as them.

Well good luck and most the time walk away..
    That wasnt the point of my statement at all. Im not disagreeiing with taking some boxing classes either, but Im pretty sure if you have 2 to 4 guys on you, that wont help you either. Also your hold bold statement pretty much ruins your whole argument. If you are on the ground with 2 or more people on you what the fuk is boxing going to do for you? I think you would have much better chance grabbing for vital and painful areas like nuts and or eyes.

You are wrong again. Muscle doesnt matter. Stamina and strenght do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOADY4SHOADY View Post
    Worst advise I have heard in a long time. I cant even believe you posted that.
    ya ok I doubt self defense is gonna help you when your getting hit by 2 or more ppl simultaneously. did you read his post at all???? HE dosnt get jumped by one person but by 2 or more. Ya self defense will help you out when your against 1 person but with 2 + your chances are very slim. He needs to find either a new place to hang out or get a black friend lol

Quote Originally Posted by sooners04 View Post
    If its the same group of guys giving you shit all the time find a new group to hang around with. Sometimes the best thing to do is to leave the situation or not even put yourself in a situation that looks like it could be a problem.
    Best advice yet.

problem solved i will come out with u

ya ok I doubt self defense is gonna help you when your getting hit by 2 or more ppl simultaneously. did you read his post at all???? HE dosnt get jumped by one person but by 2 or more. Ya self defense will help you out when your against 1 person but with 2 + your chances are very slim. He needs to find either a new place to hang out or get a black friend lol
    So you think gaining 50 to 80lbs of muscle will help you more than taking an MMA or boxing class. I find this hilarious for many reasons. First it doesnt matter how big you are if you dont know how to use it, you are dead in the water, and secondly Do you know how hard it is to gain 50 to 80lbs of muscle. I mean are you serious. Even with steroids that is almost impossible for some people after years and years of training, and not many people out there believe in using anabolics.

problem solved i will come out with u
    Only if he buys you drinks right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information