Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Synyster is offline Associate Member

Cung Le VS Frank Shamrock???

just my opinion but does anyone else wanna see Cung Le beat the hell out of this asshole just for shyts and giggles??

rocket22 is offline Junior Member
    i do, i am watching inside mma right now and he is a guest pretty nice guy but I would root for anyone over frank

lotaquestions is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket22 View Post
    i do, i am watching inside mma right now and he is a guest pretty nice guy but I would root for anyone over frank
    agree 100% any body vs frank, but i dont really like cung either. i watched his last fight and he showed complete disrespect for the ground game. i want to see him get ground and pounded into submission, i just hope that it is the next guy that does it.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lotaquestions View Post
    agree 100% any body vs frank, but i dont really like cung either. i watched his last fight and he showed complete disrespect for the ground game. i want to see him get ground and pounded into submission, i just hope that it is the next guy that does it.
    what do you mean disrespect?

Kiem is offline New Member
    What he meant was that in Cung's last fight he was doing spinning heal hooks, jumping back kicks and HADOKAN fireballs which shows that he doesn't care about the ground game and didn't worry about being taken down. But for real, he is a Sanshou kickboxer, what you expect him to do, takedown his apponent down and submit him?

Also, Lota did you even know he has wrestling background and was state champion? He just prefers to woop people ass standing up with fancy flying kicks. I don't see any disrespect in that.
    Last edited by Kiem; 03-29-2008 at 01:12 AM.

no i didnt. it seems like i remeber him saying in an interview when asked about his ground game and he answered something like he will worry about that when someone actually takes him down.

Kiem is offline New Member
    Sorry Lota, i jumped too early on my conclusion. But I know what you mean when you think the next great grappler would tear a hole in Cung. He is unproven on the ground and i hope to see how he holds up with his wrestling background. Frank is a smart fighter and I expect him to take Cung down.

frank is smart, but he is also cocky so he might try to stand with him for a little while. i dont have a prob with cung, i just hope that he continues to develop his skills to become a more complete mma fighter. i just dont like to see guys come in with just striking and knock every body out b/c people want to prove that they can stand with them via kimbo, etc. and the same way with just wrestlers (koschek when he got started) great strickers do make good fighters and the same way with wrestlers, i just belive that you should be a well rounded and proven to be, to be a champion on any level in mma.

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    Ok im sat here trying to get a link for this fight, live streams suck balls!!!!!

Jojoe is offline Associate Member
    I think it was an awesome fight. Frank underestimated Cung and lost but in doing so really took it to Lee. I was hoping he cold finish him and would love to see a rematch. Maybe than he'll stick to his roots and take him down

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    Is it right he broke his arm?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    anyone with a link yet?

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    anyone with a link yet?
    go to mmatko.com shitty quality though

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    First of all I think Elite XC is really rising the bar on these fights.... they had some good fights....glad I have showtime...

Anyhow, I thought Frank was dumb to try and standup fight with cung...that is the epitome of arrogance... dude give it a shot but win the fight how you know how... it was kind of like he was passing the torch to a fellow San Jose resident....

cung le took it to him on the standup and I really dig standup fights, but i was getting pissed because when you start to lose you need to do what you do best to win...that's what cage fighting/mma is all about... it is too arrogant to say I will beat you at your own game... come on??

oh well, he lost and i don't care for frank too much, but I also think that both fighters should have laid it all on the table. Not, "ok I couldn't necessarily beat you at your game, next time it will be my way" type of set up...
    Last edited by rockinred; 03-30-2008 at 09:11 AM.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    First of all I think Elite XC is really rising the bar on these fights.... they had some good fights....glad I have showtime...

Anyhow, I thought Frank was dumb to try and standup fight with cung...that is the epitome of arrogance... dude give it a shot but win the fight how you know how... it was kind of like he was passing the torch to a fellow San Jose resident....

cung le took it to him on the standup and I really dig standup fights, but i was getting pissed because when you start to lose you need to do what you do best to win...that's what cage fighting/mma is all about... it is too arrogant to say I will beat you at your own game... come on??

oh well, he lost and i don't care for frank too much, but I also think that both fighters should have laid it all on the table. Not, "ok I couldn't necessarily beat you at your game, next time it will be my way" type of set up...
    absolutely agree!! C'mon bro, suck it up you have no shot in the stand-up (actually he did with a haymaker, but still) im sure if he tried, eventually frank might have took him down, and then we have a whole other fight. Either way, i loved watching frank get his azz handed to him!!

Thread Information