Thread: ufc 86

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado

ufc 86

anyone gonna be watching this? one of my friends is getting it, so i'll be watching there. it looks like a decent card, of course headlined by rampage vs griffen. as you can see by my avatar, rampage is my pick, and after watching his last couple fights (liddell, henderson) i don't see any reason for him to lose, except maybe going for a big finish and getting caught.

i'm also looking forward to the almeida vs cote fight. in my mind, strong jui jitsu > strong stand up, and i think this fight will go that way.

ideas?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I'll be surprised if Jackson doesn't win, and I'm leaning toward Cote, but I could see that going either way. I'm curious to see how Koscheck does as well, I still feel he has potential.

Grant8010 is offline Junior Member
    Jackson is obviously favored but i really think Forrest is going to pull this one out

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    yeah, koscheck fights are always interesting to say the least. he might have missed his chance to be a great fighter, at 30 its getting a little late to perfect other aspects (jui jitsu) but his wrestling is amazing.

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Should be a good card I got

Rampage
    Patrick - Hopefully he can pull off the upset
    Koscheck
    Aurellio - Hopefully his BJJ can work for him
    Joe Stevenson

jonny101 is offline Associate Member
    I say
    rampage - by decision
    almeida - sub
    lytle - decision
    stevenson - decsion
    griffen - ref stoppage

i want forrest to win but i dont think he is quite there yet 2 more years then he will be a good champion imo

bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    i want rampage to win ill be watching and just on a cool side note almeida trained in the next town over from me before starting his own school, i have renzo gracie asa atrainer thats crazy a gracie right next door

maroZ is offline Associate Member
    who one out of rampage and forest

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    A lot of dissapointing fights but the main event was worth it. I hate leaving decisions up to the judges but they finally made the right call...

What are others opinions of the lytle bleeding? Should it have been stopped?
    Last edited by Knockout_Power; 07-06-2008 at 08:37 AM.

jonny101 is offline Associate Member
    i think lytle should have been stoped he looked nasty i missed the stevenson fight.
    the main event was a reat fight ony thing i thought was forrest needs 2 throw a few jabs then big leg kick after the 2nd he didnt realy use it i dont no y!!!

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by maroZ View Post
    who one out of rampage and forest
    Forrest by decision: http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...s&EventID=7021

pay per view sucked no knockouts or anything really good i thought rampage was out of it big time that wasnt the rampage that knocked liddell out or beat silva thats for sure, when on bottom he flopped like a fish i dont know what the heck he was doing

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bodybuilder1107 View Post
    pay per view sucked no knockouts or anything really good i thought rampage was out of it big time that wasnt the rampage that knocked liddell out or beat silva thats for sure, when on bottom he flopped like a fish i dont know what the heck he was doing
    I thought he never beat Silva???

he decisioned him after chuck lidell

oh yeah sorry it was henderson not silva dont know what i was thinking but anyway thats wasnt the real jackson

Dog-Slime is offline Senior Member
    Link to the fight?

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    this was a dark day in MMA... can you believe that two of the three judges scored the first round to Forrest?! WTF!? Rampage was robbed... Dana White got what he wanted, a TUFer to win a title.. i dont think its gonna last though

maroZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi93 View Post
    thanks

Blog Entries
    I do not see why some people are so biased. I wanted rampage to win, I wanted to believe that he was robbed out of a win. But he didnt, he lost fair and square. Watched the fight three more times on my DVR and every time rampage still lost. He didnt look good at all after the first round. He caught forrest pretty good in the first and I thought it was over after that. Those leg kicks forrest landed changed the fight completely. I think that rampage only won 2 rounds total. He landed some hard shots after round 2 but forrest was clearly the initiator and dictated the fight the way he wanted to fight.

Thats just my observation I respect that others see it the other way but I didnt see it that way....LOL

i wanted rampage to win too forest did a good job but i think rampages head was somewhere else or something, if he was on his a game he would of won he admitted post fight he thought forest couldnt hang so underestimation gets you a loss, but cant wait to see forrest/ liddell

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog-Slime View Post
    Link to the fight?
    http://mixedmartialartvideos.com

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I do not see why some people are so biased. I wanted rampage to win, I wanted to believe that he was robbed out of a win. But he didnt, he lost fair and square. Watched the fight three more times on my DVR and every time rampage still lost. He didnt look good at all after the first round. He caught forrest pretty good in the first and I thought it was over after that. Those leg kicks forrest landed changed the fight completely. I think that rampage only won 2 rounds total. He landed some hard shots after round 2 but forrest was clearly the initiator and dictated the fight the way he wanted to fight.

Thats just my observation I respect that others see it the other way but I didnt see it that way....LOL

Dude I agree totally, I thought the fight was called very fairly....

Prop's to both fighters....

youngmuscle123 is offline Junior Member
    I think the fight was Rampages I was shocked it wasn't at least a split decision. Forrest never really did anything for to prove that he won the match. That leg kick might have hurt Rampage but then he had four minutes the next round of relaxing on his back with Forrest on top to rest up. Rampage won most of their exchanges and had way cleaner strikes on Forrest. I was shocked Forrest didn't get knocked out by a couple of those punches though, respect to him for that. Then at the end of the fight you look at the two fighters and Forrest has like 3 cuts on his face, lumps all over and Rampage looks perfectly fine. That bugged me alot...Never leave it to the judges!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by youngmuscle123 View Post
    Never leave it to the judges!
    I think thats the Key right there.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I agreed with decision but not the scoring. Forrest faught a very smart fight. Those leg kicks took away Rampage's power as he couldn't turn into his punches. I wonder why 'Page didn't turn southpaw after that leg was damaged. He's proven with his fight against Liddell that he has KO power in both hands. Props to 'Pages boxing skill. His head movement was incredible and even bigger props for being very humble and gracious in defeat.

Forrest proved to be the aggressor most of the fight and judges see that. Great fight though.

facile is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    I agreed with decision but not the scoring. Forrest faught a very smart fight. Those leg kicks took away Rampage's power as he couldn't turn into his punches. I wonder why 'Page didn't turn southpaw after that leg was damaged. He's proven with his fight against Liddell that he has KO power in both hands. Props to 'Pages boxing skill. His head movement was incredible and even bigger props for being very humble and gracious in defeat.

Forrest proved to be the aggressor most of the fight and judges see that. Great fight though.
    I was wondering why PAGE didn't switch up to southpaw also??

I thought the fight was Forrest's but the scoring should have been a bit closer. I also respect the way PAGE handled the defeat with class, I think a rematch would be amazing with PAGE, being keyed up revenge.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Let me first say, I wanted Rampage to win, he’s honestly my favorite fighter. The guy is a beast, slams people in the light heavy division. Fun to watch and funny guy.
    The first time I watched the fight, I could not belive Rampage lost! Forrest’s face was cut pretty good.

Honestly though, after watching it again, Forrest deserved that win.
    Rampage had an awful game plan. Forrest set the tempo, Rampage let it go to a decision. He should have had it closed out in the 3rd round.

Forrest stood with him the majority of the fight and Rampage just sat and waited for Forrest to come into him to blast away.

In the stand up, Rampage should have been pushing. Forrest has no knock out power, he should have been right in his face.

As far as being taken down, Rampage did okay against Henderson on the ground. He might not be able to sub Forrest but he is strong enough and have enough knowledge to get it back to the stand up, defend subs or G n P.

You also don't get leg kicked when you close the distance...

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    agreed j-dogg... only thing i have to say is forrest's ground is not too bad. I didn't know he had any skill there. The way rampage kept waving his arms out there...he's lucky he didn't get sub'd

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I think Forrest would win the rounds on the ground. He's bigger than Henderson but Rampage is strong enough to power out of subs a lesser fighter might not be able too.

I just don't see why Rampage did not press the stand up more. He has amazing knock out power. Forrest has no knock out power at all and to top that off Rampage has an amazing chin. Wandy and Shogun knee'd him in the head for 2 rounds to knock him out.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Grant8010 View Post
    Jackson is obviously favored but i really think Forrest is going to pull this one out
    and pull it out FORREST did.
    hes a great champion for the UFC

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    forest is the MAN WOO HOO

Thread Information