Thread: Pre- Fight Food

MoneyMike315 is offline Junior Member

Pre- Fight Food

Just wonder what kind of liquids you drink, foods, supp's etc some of you guys might take on your fight day. I got my next MMA fight this Saturday. I notice a big diff in my energy, stamia and power levels in the gym and in the cage when i eat certain foods and liquids. Looking to see what works for some of you guys too!

jonny101 is offline Associate Member
    i always eat something light like scrambled eggs,drink powerade/gatorade

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny101 View Post
    i always eat something light like scrambled eggs,drink powerade/gatorade
    Interesting........ How many eggs do you eat??

TesticularFortitude is offline Associate Member
    definitely interested in this too as my first muay thai fight is this saturday as well. .. my weigh in is the morning of about 4-5 hours before the fight ...

Castradomus is offline Junior Member
    jellybeans, and ephedra or caffeine

not alot probly 3 or 4 just to line my stomach,not saying its the best way but iv neva felt bad afterwards so works for me,one of my training partners eats 2 big meals on the day of his fights and snacks in between.i guess its all difrent from person 2 person

walmas is offline New Member
    If im dehydrated from cutting weight Ill drink pedia-lite and water and eat fruit. Ill eat small meals with complex carbs and protein, right before the fight ill ingest some simple sugars. Eggs would make me sick I think, thats an interesting food, why do you choose it?

to be honest its something i picked up from a friend he's a pro boxer and he always use to eat them b4 i asked y and he said try it,so i did and it works for me so i keep doing it.
    dont know if theres any science 2 it but i get what your saying about being sick because i thought the same

Castradomus is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny101 View Post
    to be honest its something i picked up from a friend he's a pro boxer and he always use to eat them b4 i asked y and he said try it,so i did and it works for me so i keep doing it.
    dont know if theres any science 2 it but i get what your saying about being sick because i thought the same
    imo, there is zero need for protein right before a fight, but if it works for you then giver. Btw, what sort of stuff do you compete in? but yeah as already stated, you want to replenish electrolytes, and water, and then switch to something simple, and i like the boost of energy you get from ephedrine or caffeine and what not. and no before someone says it, by the time it starts dehydrating you, you're done your fight.

T.Fortitude, guess your fight is still a go to, funny we both fight this saturday... I remeber talking to ya a lil while ago.
    OK, so we got eggs, some powerade etc... what else? I also agree with having a half a Coke or something similar. I like the caffine boost I get. I can add a good point though. Make sure you have consumed your food a few hours or so prior to any fight. Digestion uses energy and will make you lathargic fo sho. I know i dont feel like an animal when ma bellys full.

Quote Originally Posted by Castradomus View Post
    imo, there is zero need for protein right before a fight, but if it works for you then giver. Btw, what sort of stuff do you compete in? but yeah as already stated, you want to replenish electrolytes, and water, and then switch to something simple, and i like the boost of energy you get from ephedrine or caffeine and what not. and no before someone says it, by the time it starts dehydrating you, you're done your fight.
    im in mma m8
    like i sed its not the science its not for protein,its because i feel like iv eaten but not enough to bother me(if you get what i mean)
    its not the only thing i eva eat

sprawlbrawl is offline Junior Member
    try a couple off apples about half an hour before so you have some energy in the fight apples are a carb but fast acting you feel it quicker than most carbs will give you quick energy

buttercup is offline Banned
    oatmeal and orange juice. it seems to sharpen my senses and make me alert. also dont forget your water.

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    I like a mix of a lot of low glycemic index carbs and some high ones. Like oatmeal and a banana (in water, no dairy). Brown rice and a whey protein shake. Natty granola and blueberries.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Pride stocked the fighters rooms with sandwiches and bannanas, gatorade.

I would not take any ECA or anything, alot of that is banned in sports so stick to fruits and liquids IMO.

Experiment with some foods before a hard sparring session and find hat works best for you and carry it over into fight day if it works well for you.
    ***No source checks!!!***

well back to the drawing board... lost a decision -- but worst off i Gased hard.. first round i came out strong, and controlled the ring/action, but my opponent had a huge height advantage and used it well in the clinch.
    hope u did better than me moneymike

sphincter is offline Member
    congrats on having hte guts to go in there and do what you love MAN but tough luck on the decision. Get on that cardio and bust your ass from now 'til next fight... once it's up to par cardio isn't as hard to maintain..

Thanks sphincter .. I'm all over improving my cardio now.. was taking the road work way too lightly before this first fight ... kept thinking to myself that its only 3 rounds, and i spar 6 rounds with a new opponent every round in training all the time...
    i can tell u i've learned my lesson and will come back a different fighter in my next fight.

Quote Originally Posted by TesticularFortitude View Post
    well back to the drawing board... lost a decision -- but worst off i Gased hard.. first round i came out strong, and controlled the ring/action, but my opponent had a huge height advantage and used it well in the clinch.
    hope u did better than me moneymike
    Well my fight in Japan went went well i suspose. One of my students won by TKO and I got a draw on my open weight fight. I once again was only 6ft 180lbs and he was 6'4" @ 230 ish pounds. So to get a draw...ahhhh, is better than a lost from a guy that big You guys will never guess where im at now...... THAILAND. Training MMA and Muay thai. Be here for a month initially.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I usually drink a few beers mixed with a few shots before i get in a fight!

THAILAND eh! what camp you training at? I'd love to get the chance (money) to go down and train and thailand for a while. Enjoy, train hard and be safe.
    Cheers..

and LOL @ rockinred /// id love a few beers right about now

Quote Originally Posted by TesticularFortitude View Post
    THAILAND eh! what camp you training at? I'd love to get the chance (money) to go down and train and thailand for a while. Enjoy, train hard and be safe.
    Cheers..

and LOL @ rockinred /// id love a few beers right about now
    ROCKINRED; Too funny. I think we've all had that PRE FIGHT food/drink..lmao. I thought i grew out of that shit but guess its "THE OTHER" guys drinking that start it now right lol.

Tfortitude...Im at Tiger Muay Thai...in Phuket. Its amazing bro. Never been so broken in my life. The training is beyond intense.... if you make it that way. I train 7 1/2 hrs a day. 4 in morn and 3 1/2 in da afternoon. Check them out at TigerMuaythai.com and on youtube. I am doin the MMA and Muay thai

Glock-19 is offline Banned
    no hamburgers.

jsinur7 is offline Member
    nothing but carbs the day before and the day of... lots of pasta fruits and veggies... no protien... by that time you should be well enough healed to not need it that day, but you will need the ebergy the carbs provide during the fight... lots of banannasthe day before for the potasium...

BTBAM is offline Junior Member
    before my muay thai fight i always eat a peanut butter sandwhich and a little water, but its always tough to feel normal when u have to weigh in 4 hrs before ur fight. I always have to cut a lot of weight to make to 155, i cant eat 2 days before the fight and its hell.
    and good luck in thailand!

g0dsend is offline Member
    Never fought MMA, but before a football game I would Have whole wheat pasta with clam sauce. Gave me tons of energy.

bhamstaff is offline Associate Member
    nuts, raisans, bananas and carb drinks and sweets

Thread Information