WDMF is offline Associate Member

Sanchez vs. Alves is OFF

The fight is off due to an injury. I really was looking forward to this fight to see if Diego improved his strength. Alves was a huge test.

Koscheck will now fill in. This is a very interesting match up.

http://mmamania.com/2008/10/13/josh-...hez-scratched/

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    This will be a better fight i think. Im more impressed with Kos than Diego.

Diego is still riding the wave off TUF. Not to mention what a jerkoff that kid is...

I got Alves by KO.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Diego is a D-bag for sure. Amazing gas tank and "will" to fight though. I think casual fans often overlook what is most impressive about Diego....which is the fact that he is good at nothing. Solid at everything but actually good at nothing. Think his wrestling is top notch? Think again, see the Alessio fight. Think his stand-up is solid? Watch the Koscheck fight. Think his grappling is top notch? Watch the Fitch fight. I am not a Diego fan by any means but the kid comes to fight and impresses the hell out of me with his tenacity but I think he is at least pretty far removed from the top tier level of fighters at welter.

Well now that we got the Diego bashing out of the way....Kos vs. Alves is very interesting. If you thought Alves would lose to Diego then you definately should be siding with Kos. Kos has amazing wrestling and has improved striking. Even though his improved striking is no where near as dynamic or tight as Alves. I think Kos will do everything in his power to get this down, obviously, but I think Alves can get underhooks and work the clinch with some mean kness and elbows. Alves by highlight reeel knockout! This will also prove to be an excellent test for Alves gas tank and determination. What a great fight!

On a somewhat related note.........
    Drew McFedries has stepped in to face Thales Leites. Poor Drew

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for that analysis Mr. couch potato UFC watching internet warrior, and now let's check in with Jim for this weeks weather forecast.

^^^ Says the E-funny guy talking shit to him...

Anyway, i think Avles standing is trouble for ANYONE in the world at 170lbs.

Now will Josh get him down? maybe...

But every fight does start on its feet...

Last edited by Voice of Reason; 10-14-2008 at 09:08 AM.

I personally like Diego. He is great on the ground and pushing the pace.

Agree that Alves is trouble for anyone. Guy has some great strikes. Koscheck might win out a decision here. I believe he is the smarter fighter, but he's gotta watch the knees when he goes for a takedown.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I as looking foward to this fight more then Any In a long time . LOo being a better fight how the **** can you say that, he may have a better chance of winning because of his wrestling, if he gets that lucky to use it. Sanchez would have been a war, koz if he is lucky will be able to drag this out to a decsion . Sanchez has progressed in every way 80% more then koz. Unreal, ant wait to talk more tonite I phone at work is such a bitch. I hope koz throws one of those horrible over hand rights and eats a left hook from hEll

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

edited

edited

I will be there.....in drag.

BG
    edited
    Last edited by PT; 10-14-2008 at 02:08 PM.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    well I glad you guys settled it like men.....I think, but when I get home I'm going to have this thread cleaned up because there's slot to debate here

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    if you guys want to argue thats fine but please keep it clean and dont insult eachother. thank you.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Alves by monstrous KO!

BG
    Difinitly joshs stand up is some of the worst. He would have fight a arona fight to win. Full ground control and none of those horrible overhand rights. Honestly I thought diago had a pretty good chance to win. His stand up is better and better every time , cardio is , great , has a solid chin and wrestling. Some more strength and size I think he would give gsp a run for his money!

yeah thats why he got out struck by Koscheck right? ^^^

Either one of them would get wrecked my Alves...

One thing i did notice, is Josh drops the right hand when he throws his jab, watch out for high kicks and maybe a flying knee from Alves...

Mark my words on that one...
    Last edited by WARMachine; 10-14-2008 at 04:11 PM.

Kos likes those sloppy overhands but his basic stand-up is better than Diego's. He literally did out box Diego in that fight. He has good movement on the outside but he is in trouble in this fight. A knee from the clinch ends it

BG
    Wasn't that fight a while ago.....Diego's come back fight looked like he spent a hell of a lot of time on stand up. And that 1st fight between them suc'd, both fighters suc'd. Since that day Diego has improved 10 fold, I cant believe Im backing him up so much and Im saying he would beat Alves but it would have been a more exciting and better match up.

I think Kos will out game Alves. Kos will be smart enough to stay away from Alves striking.

I agree with you for the most part BG. That fight was boring as hell. Kos fought very "smart" which made for a boring fight. He stayed on the outside and took Diego down at the end of rounds 1 and 2 for points. That being said I think they are both still improving but due to Kos' stronger wrestling background, and in my mind the fact that he just flat out a better athlete still gives him the edge in a rematch.

The first time they fought was on TUF.

Diego beat him...

The second fight was lame as hell.... But Kos stood in front of him, and took him down and layed on him for the rest of the fight...

And yeah that fight was a long time ago...

Sanchez got his ass beat by Fitch right after that haha..

Since then hes beat David Bielkheden (A close friend of mine.) And Luigi.

The Luigi fight was a good go. I thought he might of had Diego a couple of times.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    The Luigi fight was a good go. I thought he might of had Diego a couple of times.
    I must have went to the bahtroom a few times, I have to rewatch that one.

Luigi has heavy hands had Diego scrambling a couple of different times but Diego came thru on the feet and actually wore him down with knees and punches. Great fight. Another great Diego fight would the Karo one. Wow, that was a war.

^^^ That was a good fight...

I really dislike Karo. Hes a arrogant prick...

What about when he tried to fight Nate Diaz? The Diaz Karo fight was another classic. Karo is every bit the dick the Diaz brothers are, but at this point in his career he is not as good.

BG
    ^^^He turned into too much of a brawler imo, no a days that's doesn't cut it. Not saying he isn't skilled enough, just doesn't have much of a game plan. He starts losing stand up and doesnt try taking it to the ground fast enough and gets hurts, usually hangs in there but his chance to win in very low.

Why didnt he fight for the title wat back when?? Was he hurt or did he ***** out, seeemed he was black listed a bit then. No he's a gate keeper at best, but an tough one, leave s it all out there.

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    ^^^He turned into too much of a brawler imo, no a days that's doesn't cut it. Not saying he isn't skilled enough, just doesn't have much of a game plan. He starts losing stand up and doesnt try taking it to the ground fast enough and gets hurts, usually hangs in there but his chance to win in very low.

Why didnt he fight for the title wat back when?? Was he hurt or did he ***** out, seeemed he was black listed a bit then. No he's a gate keeper at best, but an tough one, leave s it all out there.
    Suppose to fight Hughes for the title. I dont think it was officially announced but he was #1 contender I believe. Than he got injured. When he came back he had to start from scratch.

Wanted to see him fight Yoshida, dont know how he got injured on the day of the weigh ins.

He pulled a muscle in his vagina. Actually, karo is a bad dude and when focused can hang with the best in the world. Did you ever see his fight with GSP? GSP has improved by leaps and bounds but that was an amazing fight. Very close

^^ The Karo vs Alves wasnt...

That was a BS stoppage! J/K that was hilarious. Karo tried to call BS on that at first. He loses with such grace and dignity

Thread Information