ectomorph28 is offline Associate Member

Hopkins vs Pavlik

WOW,

Did anybody catch this fight or at least hear what happened.

Bhop outclassed Pavlik. I knew this was a dangerous fight for Pavlik but didnt think it would be this one-sided. Pavlik just looked one-dimensional.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    That bad? Did B-Hop finish him?

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    Hopkins really settled the score there... proves Pavlik is not good enough to step in to the ring with Calzaghe.

I hear B-Hop wants a rematch with Calzaghe now, i think the boat has sailed on the chances of that.

yep, i agree. Calzaghe is definitely with Pacquiao as the P4P best. In my opinion, Calzaghe is #1 thats how good I think he is.

We will find out shortly. I think the he definately has the edge in the Jones fight but I think RJ might surprise some people with his power

tjpatrick1987 is offline Associate Member
    forget it pavlik didnt even get beat up by hopkins..... taylor hit him harder and still couldnt knock him out... it wasnt pavliks day. In my eyes he got paid to throw that fight because he wasnt fighting like the pavlik we know.......He was fighting out of his weight class anyways. HE IS STILL THE CHAMP and would make a good fight against CALZaghe. everyone has a bad day..this is his first loss so forget all you punks talking smack about pavlik...

I am not sure anyone is really talking smack about Pavlik. If he really is your guy I am not sure I would be throwing around the idea of him throwing that fight. Call me ignorant but I would like to give boxing a little more credit in this day and age (wishful thinking I am sure). The reason I thought Pavlik lost was due to the fact that Hopkins was so much stronger and physical. Pavlik is used to being that guy. With that said, Calzaghe is much bigger and stronger than even hopkins so I would see that ending with a Pavlik loss as well.

i love b-hop and all but the boxing era is over with, i wonder if they're gonna make a ufc vido game anytime soon.

I think that they have one that will be out around Christmas. All the ones in the past have always been super weak. Hopefully this time around they get it right

Quote Originally Posted by intensityfreak View Post
    i love b-hop and all but the boxing era is over with, i wonder if they're gonna make a ufc vido game anytime soon.
    Oh god. Boxing era is not over with. Boxing is more popular than MMA on the international level. The only place boxing is declining if at all is in the US. But its very strong in other countries.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    I dont agree with you on boxing being more popular on an internation level. Boxing has been declining ever since MMA has came around and will continue to decline. Sorry to say that but it is true..

PS...Thank god because, "I HATE DON KING"

BTM0085 is offline Associate Member
    look at the purses boxers make compared to MMA..the reason no good boxers go into mma...what did rampage make his last fight 500 g's.?!? the top boxers easily make 20 times that for a fight. boxing is still more popular.,

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    you right about the money but that is a sad very sad fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ufcfighter5 View Post
    you right about the money but that is a sad very sad fact.
    How many people came over to see Ricky Hatton fight Mayweather? 20-30,000.

How many people came over to see Michael Bisping fight in Vegas? 10-20? lol.

When Manny Pacquiao fights, the whole country of Phillipines watches. Hell, when he fights crime goes down.

In Germany, Abraham, Sturm can fill stadiums.

A fight between 2 147'ers in Margarito/Cotto got well over 500,000 PPV buys. 2.4 million buys for Mayweather/DLH, 1 million for Hatton/Mayweather, Pacman/Marquez got 400,000 and these guys are 130lbs. I guarantee you MMA if they headlined a fight between Miguel Torres and some guy they wouldnt even get 50,000 buys. And Torres is one of the best fighters in the sport.

MMA maybe more popular than boxing in the US but its nowhere near being as popular elsewhere in the world.

For you to say that just proves your ignorance. And MMA is not an international sport. Brazil and Japan are considered to be a hotbed for MMA and yet in Brazil they put on less and less MMA shows and their most popular combat athletes arent even from MMA, but rather boxing. Aceleno Freitas is a huge athletic figure in Brazil until he retired. In Japan, with the dismantling of Pride, MMA has waned and K-1 remains the most popular combat sport. Not only that but the Kameda brothers in boxing are arguably more popular than any MMA fighter in Japan.

Lastly, you know that a card headlined by the best fighter in MMA fighting a former UFC champion along with another former UFC champion and former UFC veterans, olympic greco roman wrestler and pride veteran fighting on the undercard did only 70,000 PPV buys?

The card was Affliction and had Fedor/Sylvia with Arlovski, Belfort, Lindland, Martin on the card.

If MMA was so popular how come the best card in arguably MMA history couldnt break 100,000 buys.

Boxing is actually doing better now than it did 10 years ago if you go by PPV buys. And the majority of MMA's fanbase werent even boxing fans to begin with. You'd find the majority of UFC fans came from WWE or other sports not boxing. So the fanbases are vastly different and only a small portion of each others fanbases would overlap.

So dont give me this boxing is dying crap. Because its not. And MMA, Boxing, Muay Thai, wrestling can all co-exist across the world. And they have and they will.

Excellent Points. I agree on all accounts. That being said, long live MMA

Thread Information