Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    NewMuscle83 is offline Member

Sidelnikov Suspended for Steroid Use

The man touted as “Baby Fedor,” Kirill Sidelnikov has been suspended one year for testing positive for the steroid Stanozolol , said the California State Athletic Commission on Tuesday.

Sidelnikov (5-3), a Red Devil teammate to the world’s top heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko, lost a slugfest in his U.S. debut against Paul Buentello at Affliction “Day of Reckoning” on Jan. 24 in Anaheim, Calif. The 20-year-old Russian went blow-for-blow early with the more experienced Buentello (27-10), but was floored by a barrage of strikes in the final period, prompting referee John McCarthy to call in a ringside physician to check on the battered fighter. The bout was promptly called off.

Also used in horse racing, Stanozolol promotes muscle growth and strength increases, usually without excessive weight gain.

If the suspension remains uncontested, Sidelnikov will be eligible to re-apply for licensure in California after Jan. 18, 2010 and will pay a $2,500 fine.

Representatives for Sidelnikov were not immediately available for comment.

The CSAC also announced that Wesley "Cabbage" Correira has been suspended for six months and fined $1,000 for testing positive for marijuana. Correira had been scheduled to face Buddy Roberts at a co-promoted Wargods and Ken Shamrock Productions event on Feb. 13 in Fresno, Calif., but withdrew from the fight last-minute due to a contract dispute with the promotion. Correira was issued a drug test prior to fight night.

“700 ng/mL is 685 ng/mL above the cutoff level for marijuana,” wrote CSAC Assistant Executive Officer Bill Douglas of Correira’s tested levels via email.

The CSAC also notified Correira in writing on Feb. 20 that he would be placed under suspension until he satisfied his one-fight contract with Wargods. A Wargods rep told Sherdog.com that the promotion planned to bring the Hawaiian heavyweight back as their headliner for a May 30 event in San Diego, though Corriera’s drug suspension will supersede those plans.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Never would have guessed by looking at the kid.
    Then again he came in very highly touted and was absolutely out classed.

I wonder if this will raise any questions about Fedor? I am definately not implying that he is one them but if someone on your team is on the juice it definately starts to make people wonder. And again, its not as if he looked the part of someone on gear

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    I wonder if this will raise any questions about Fedor? I am definately not implying that he is one them but if someone on your team is on the juice it definately starts to make people wonder. And again, its not as if he looked the part of someone on gear
    I'm sure they drug tested everyone, but I know what ur saying. I'm sure ppl are guna start to wonder...especially for someone with a win record of fedor's.

crazydick is offline Junior Member
    its such bullshit everyone is on it and no one cares, i say too bad he got caught. we all know technique trumps strength, but strength sure helps!!! Imagine all the fighters boxer football players basketball players standing in the room professional athletes, everyone of them has done drugs every one weather its juice a little cortizone in the knee vicadin percacet to cover an injury whatever... we are f ing race hourses our body is a tool and every now and then you need some nitros or to oil a few broken gears whatever...but imagine all those guys in the room one or two guys are pulled out and torched for the same shit everyone is doing....but all those guys are sitten there with their heads down and mouths shut cause they dont wanna be dragged to the torch. f the commission theyre a bunch of fat out of shape idiots

tub_of_goo is offline New Member

Fedor doesnt really exibit signs of steroid use . Look how long he has been winning, he would be built a little differently if he was on the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by tub_of_goo View Post
    Fedor doesnt really exibit signs of steroid use. Look how long he has been winning, he would be built a little differently if he was on the whole time.
    but sidelnikov is built like one? how bout tim sylvia?

fedor is strong as hell. everyone who's fought him knows. in his biography, his coach said when he was younger and starting to get into sambo, he was actually not stronger than anyone in his class. there's def a chance he could b on something like winstrol . especially since everyone on the board parrots that if u do winny with a slightly higher bf u won't see any fat loss. then, it makes sense.

my personal opinion, however, is that he dsnt. but no one knows for sure..

thats the thing, no one will ever know and to make accuasations is just a waste of time. Shit most the people busted for juice are completely irrelvent fighters anyways

or maybe then again its just the dumb ones

tub_of_goo is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja;44***98
    or maybe then again its just the dumb ones
    Exactly. As a fighter, especially if you are a contender, you know you will be tested, you know in advance when you will fight so if the fighter or fighters trainer does not do the proper research before going on cycle and figure out how long it will be in the system or if a cleanse is available then they did not take themselves that seriously anyways.

which further confirms the fact that Tim Sylvia is dumb

fightmuscle is offline New Member

Steroids or no steroids... he got in the ring.

I saw a detailed article on this also on another site. Basically he did steroids ... he is trying to lie about it... so what! They are probably all on it. Getting your ass in the ring and fighting your ass off is what matters.

http://www.steroidsrx.com/blog/post....sed-nose-spray

If there is big money involved, steroids will always be an issue.

Just my two cents.

FM

I miss pride.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    I miss pride.
    me to bro....I watch the reruns all the time......

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    me too!

^^^

Quote Originally Posted by WARMachine View Post
    me too!

^^^
    Dream is not bad..it's growing, and will become bigger than pride was. Just give it some time.

juiced fighters rule

this mismatches were also a thing of beauty

dameter21 is offline Junior Member
    I seen that fight Sidelnikov has got the hardest chin I ever seen or Paul B hits like a bitch
    which everybody knows isn't the case at all Paul B is a hard hitter. I mean Sidelnikov got hit with some straight up bombs and kept coming. That was his first pro fight he will be really good someday especially under the wing of the baddest man on the Planet.. Fedor.

southmadejd is offline Member
    ^^^^What are you talking about?? He has a Pro record of 5-3 and has not fought anybody of extreme significance. I think he will never be heard of again, that is my personal thought. It is absurd that people were calling him Baby Fedor when he had a 3-2 record. Hopefully after this last loss that nickname will never be his again. It is like the curse when people called Harold Miner Baby Jordan.

thai-lan is offline Member
    i dont think many of mma fighters would to winny since its bad for joints

Respect to the Harold Minor reference

Thread Information