WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?

a few anouncements this week...

First a few things that havent been talked about here yet.

It looks like Babalu will be fighting on the Affliction 2 card after all. Obviously not against Lindland, but instead at 205 against an unnamed opponent.

Next is Nate Diaz will be returning to action at UFC 94 against Clay Guida in what will no doubt be a great high paced fight.

And finally some more big news is Diego Sanchez is looking to drop to 155.

"The Ultimate Fighter season 1 winner, Diego Sanchez, is healthy again and looking for a fight, but despite previous reports, it has not been decided whether it will be at 170 or 155 pounds.

Sanchez posted recently on his MySpace page saying, " I'm training hard and will be dropping down to fight at 155."

When reached for comment by MMAWeekly.com, Sanchez' manager Jeff Clark from NCFC Fight Management, confirmed that his fighter is healthy and recovered from a rib injury that kept him out of his last fight. But while he has made it no secret he has a desire to move to 155 pounds, the UFC has not offered him a fight currently and he would be open to a match-up at either lightweight or welterweight.

The New Mexico native last competed in June when he defeated American Top Team fighter, Luigi Fioravanti, by TKO in the third round of their fight at The Ultimate Fighter 7 finale show.

Sanchez was slated to face top welterweight contender Thiago Alves at UFC 90 in October, but the aforementioned injury forced him off the card at the last minute.

Now healthy and training again, Sanchez is ready to get back in the Octagon and compete, but according to Clark there has been no set timeline from the UFC for his next bout. "

It looks to me that he is scared of GSP and Alves. I know he doesnt want that fight.

Comments?

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Its good to see 94 shaping up now. It should be a good fight. I wanna see Nate win but I dont know how he can do it. I think Guida has better stand up, wrestling, and cardio. Nates best bet is his BJJ, but Guidas faced guys like Auriello and never really had any problems on the ground. I think if Nate can some how hurt him on the feet and then get it to the ground he might pull off a sub, but I got Guida by UD.

I'm kind of surprised to see Diego moving to 155, there were rumors about this liek 6-8 months ago but nothing really happened. But he should be able to do good things at LW. A lot of interesting match ups for him there.

I think that Nate has very underrated hands.

I see him hurting Guida with the reach, and forcing Clay to take him down. In which case, Nate can sub him.

I dont think Nate can take Guida down, but if his boxing is sharp, i think it will play right into Nates hands.

As far as Diego goes, i could care less about him. He never really impressed me.

The UFC fed him cans for a few years, and when thr competition got stiff, he crumbled.

Im sure he thinks 155 will be better for him, but those guys are gonna be faster and better.

I mean look at the list...

B.J. Penn(9-3-1) - Lightweight Champion
    Last 2 years:
    Wins - Sean Sherk, Joe Stevenson, Jens Pulver

2 - Kenny Florian(9-2)
    Last 2 years:
    Wins - Joe Stevenson, Roger Huerta, Joe Lauzon, Din Thomas, Alvin Robinson, Dokonjonosuke Mishima

3 - Sean Sherk(7-3)
    Last 2 years:
    Wins - Tyson Griffin, Hermes Franca
    Losses - B.J. Penn

4 - Frankie Edgar(4-1)
    Last 2 years:
    Wins - Hermes Franca, Spencer Fisher, Mark Bocek, Tyson Griffin
    Losses - Gray Maynard

5 - Tyson Griffin(5-2)
    Last 2 years:
    Wins - Marcus Aurelio, Gleison Tibau, Thiago Tavares, Clay Guida
    Losses - Sean Sherk, Frankie Edgar

6 - Roger Huerta(6-1)
    Last 2 years:
    Wins: Clay Guida, Alberto Crane, Doug Evans, Leonard Garcia, John Halverson
    Losses: Kenny Florian

7 - Nate Diaz(5-0)
    Last 2 years:
    Wins - Josh Neer, Kurt Pellegrino, Alvin Robinson, Junior Assuncao, Manvel Gamburyan

8 - Joe Stevenson(6-3)
    Last 2 years:
    Wins - Gleison Tibau, Kurt Pellegrino, Melvin Guillard
    Losses - Kenny Florian, B.J. Penn

9 - Clay Guida(4-3)
    Last 2 years:
    Wins - Mac Danzig, Samy Schiavo, Marcus Aurelio
    Losses - Roger Huerta, Tyson Griffin, Din Thomas

10 - Gray Maynard(4-0)
    Last 2 years:
    Wins - Rich Clementi, Frankie Edgar, Denis Siver, Joe Veres
    11. Spencer Fisher(7-3)
    12. Hermes Franca(6-4)

The guys in BOLD are the ones i think he can beat... Surely he doesnt think he'll wipe out that division. Its as stacked as any other in MMA.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    I think that Maynard is a better version of Diego. Would be a good fight but I see it going to Grey. The rest I do agree with.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Diego at 155 ouch the guy is going to be skinny, at 170 pounds he really is not big.

If he can keep his gas tank he sure can make for some interesting fights. I am sure that Florian would love another shot at him at 155 rather than WW. I think Diego vs Sherk would be a fun fight as well as Diego vs Guida. I do think at 155 though he will have such a large frame that he will be able to over power certain fighters that are probably better fighters than him the same way Maynard beat Edgar.

True... Although when Kenny and Diego fought, it was at 185. That was the TUF 1 final.

I see that fight going much differently this time around. KenFlo is an entirely different fighter. Diego looks the same.

Agreed. Florian has viscious stand-up with world class ground game. Diego has an amazing gas tank and is great at pushing the pace. I see Kenny putting the hurt on

Thread Information