Awesome_Shiloh is offline New Member

Question 15 months to train

I was lookin to find a good MMA club to join in San Antonio, TX... i'm moving down there in Oct of next year. i did boxing in highschool up in north dakota. i've always enjoyed watching mma fighting and would love to train for it. however my ground skills mostly consist of sleeping i'm doing strength training and alot of cardio until i move, but would appreciate any input on good gyms in the san antonio area.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Let me know when you actually move there.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Are you looking to fight or stay in shape?

fighting is the ultimate goal, but i have a ways to get there

GearAholic is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Texas Powerhouse MMA in SA has some good ammatures fighting out of there gym, I'd recommend checking them out, they seem to be good guys, and technical fighters..

GA

LickAlotOfPuss is offline Junior Member
    sinlapa muay club is very well known i was part of a wrestling clinic there about 2 years ago, you have the crazy tough guys that go there that like to get punched or kicked in the face, also you have the people who just enjoys practicing the sport as a hobbie. Great people, no egos. Dont sign up for the basic program if you do join, because they just go over a bunch of safty bull shit thats just common sense, waste of time in money.

thx guys, i'll check both of them out when i get down there, and good lookin out lickalotofpuss, i'm definitely not trying to basic safety or self-defense shit, i boxed in highschool so i can hold my own, or at least i like to think so,lol, really wanting to expand my knowledge in fighting styles, but not with your usual martial arts. tried karate and taekwondo and hated having to pull punches, if i'm gonna hit someone i want to hit them, and if they're gonna hit me, then i want to feel it. ( dropped out of taekwondo after being in for 3 weeks, well kinda asked to leave too, was sparring an assistant trainer, who was a blackbelt and i knocked the wind out of him. the instructor frowned on it, anyway can't wait to get down there and start taking some licks

typo in that lat post, it wasn't 3 weeks, i meant 3 months, my bad

ACJiujitsu is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome_Shiloh View Post
    I was lookin to find a good MMA club to join in San Antonio, TX... i'm moving down there in Oct of next year. i did boxing in highschool up in north dakota. i've always enjoyed watching mma fighting and would love to train for it. however my ground skills mostly consist of sleeping i'm doing strength training and alot of cardio until i move, but would appreciate any input on good gyms in the san antonio area.
    Here are some....

1. www.graciesa.com-----Relson assoc.
    2. www.RodrigoPinheiroBJJ.com
    3. MarraJJ.Homestead.com--Marra Senki JJ
    4. www.bjjrevolutionteam.com---Rodrigo Medieros/CarlsonGracie team

Or even better,contact War Machine on here

nice, thx for the options, i'm gonna research all the different clubs and then check'em out when i get down there. good lookin out guys

Thread Information