southmadejd is offline Member

What do you guys think about Nate Diaz??

I was hoping some of you might weight in with your opinions about him. I think he is very talented and has skills but I am not sure if he is ever going to be able to compete with the top tier lightweights. I mean he lost to Guida(even though I thought he wont) and now to Joe Stevenson. Even though both of those were close, especially the Guida fight, it seemed like he was easily overpowered in both of those fights. So I guess what I am asking is, do you think he will ever be able to compete for a title shot or will we eventually see him fighting in other organizations if UFC eventually gets rid of him. I mean who would he fight next, Fisher or somebody like that? I was just wondering.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I feel he will be a future champion, he's very young and is still doing very well.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think he has potential and skills... In this game no one goes undefeated... it is like a circus with the the title bouts...they change like I do my underwear...lol... I think he's up there in the upper tier for his weight class, so anything goes.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I hate the douche. He's cocky and arrogant, and every time he looses I feel a dish of humble pie being served to him. I'm not impressed with his over all skills. He's got a lot of reach for a sub par jab. His ground skills are mediocre. I dont think hell be much other than riding on the coat tail of his brother.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Biohazard74 is offline Associate Member
    I think he is a great Jiu Jitsu fighter. If he had a bit more punching power and a bit better stand up he would definately be a top dawg in the sport. But i think unless that improves he will always stay at the level he is in.

Yeah I agree with what everybody said....I wonder sometimes if good wrestling will more than likely trump good jiu jitsu in the ring. I don't think Nate Diaz is a black belt yet but I am sure if he wasn't with Caesar himself, he would probably already have a black belt in some other schools.

I agree that Nate Diaz and his brother both come off as huge douche bags but I am pretty sure they do that for show and to promote themselves. I think it is easier to market a fighter who tries to portray being a bad ass than it is trying to market a fighter who is very soft spoken and humble.

Can you imagine how many more PPV sales Fedor would get if he was walking around and being disrespectful and talking about how great he is?

Unfortunately true fans want to watch Fedor fight because we all know how incredible he is but the average fan who may not watch other organizations besides UFC probably doesn't even know that much about the guy.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    I think Nate is now going through what Nick did for so many years. He is tough as hell and cannot be "stopped" but he has taken some tough losses due to letting the fight go to the judges. I have said before that I have never really seen Nick lose. I mean he lost to Sherk, Karo, and Diego but you could easily argue that he won all those fights as well. BJJ sometimes puts you in tough spots and the UFC tends to favor wrestlers in that regard so I think he is being penalized for that but as he gets older he will only get better but I do see size as being somewhat of a limiting factor. I bet he could move to 145 and absolutley dominate.

You know I actually thought about the same thing....what if he could cut the weight and move to 145. But his body type doesn't look like he has that much more weight to cut. He is already very lean and I figured he probably would have already tried the move if it was possible. I would love to see him at 145.

That was a good point about BJJ putting you in precarious situations because alot of the work is done from your back and wrestling just looks more dominant because they are usually on top and the judges think you can't strike from the bottom, I bet Clay Guida's head thinks people can strike from the bottom after fighting Diego. Damn those really were some vicious elbows.

You are right though, Diaz has never really "lost" a fight. Pretty much every loss has gone to decision except I think he lost by submission once early in his career.

lostcause is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack View Post
    I hate the douche. He's cocky and arrogant, and every time he looses I feel a dish of humble pie being served to him. I'm not impressed with his over all skills. He's got a lot of reach for a sub par jab. His ground skills are mediocre. I dont think hell be much other than riding on the coat tail of his brother.
    i just think that him and his brother are to dumb to be any other way. they cant help it, they dont know how to be curtious or humble, all the can do is talk trash. i love to watch both of them tho, they always give 110% and put on exciting fights.

skinnypunk is offline Associate Member
    Kid has talent, but disrespectful as hell. He looks like he would almost walk around at 155. Some of these guys cut 20+ pounds. I respect the fact that he fights close to his "real" weight. Unfortunately, he seems to be the smaller opponent in most of his fights. I have never seen him fight and thought that he was not capable of winning.

Not capable of winning? What are you talking about?

I said that I haven't seen him in a fight that I thought he wasn't capable of winning. Meaning......I have never seen him in a fight that I thought he was outmanned or dominated. Even when he lost, it was a close, competitive fight.

I wanna see the Diaz boys fight the Fedor brothers

Hey, that's an idea! MMA tagteam fights. I wonder if Dana would buy off on that?

if it sold ppv's he would. he isn't exactly a purist

True, but he has put mma into almost every home in America. He will do what he needs to make the sport grow.

including tag team matches

That's so funny, I could see him trying something crazy like that!

Most of the things he has done semmed to be good for the sport. I don't like the fact that Lesnar got a title shot so soon. Dana was clearly capitalizing on the big PPV dollars!

lostcause is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnypunk View Post
    Most of the things he has done semmed to be good for the sport. I don't like the fact that Lesnar got a title shot so soon. Dana was clearly capitalizing on the big PPV dollars!
    true but by lesner beating randy, it proved that he knew what he was doing. side note, i hope lesner looses his next 10 fights.

True he beat Randy, but size in a fight is like horsepower in a race......There is no substitute for it. Randy was giving up around 50 pounds to that beast! I hope Lesnar loses, too. I think Mir will get him again.

Dana may need to look into a Superheavyweight division. Heavyweight class covers too much weight range.

I like lesnar. He is a fun individual to watch. But i think Mir will win by a crazy hold. If Mir is dumb and tries to stand tho its gonna be a very short night for him.

Lesnar definitely has the edge when it comes to power, but Mir is by far a more polished striker. As a lefty, he needs to watch out for that straight right sledgehammer Brock is gonna lead with. As big as he is, though, I think Lesnar will most likely gas out if If it goes deep into the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnypunk View Post
    Lesnar definitely has the edge when it comes to power, but Mir is by far a more polished striker. As a lefty, he needs to watch out for that straight right sledgehammer Brock is gonna lead with. As big as he is, though, I think Lesnar will most likely gas out if If it goes deep into the fight.
    I dont know about that. Thats what everyone said when he fought Randy. Even tho he was gassed he still caught him and knocked him out. Mir "CANNOT" try to keep this a stand up brawl or he is done. His only way to win this fight is on the ground. LOL it would be funny tho if Mir did KO Brock. Alot of people including myself would have to stfu lol

True, with his power a knockout could come at any time....gassed or not! Mir has felt it before, I can't wait for this fight! You know Brock is gonna come out like a bull and just bring it. We will know right away how Mir will handle it this time.

I think we will see the old Mir.....a quitter

you know the one that was losing to Dan Christenson and the one that flat out quit against Cruz....not the one that beat Nog with staph

Thread Information