yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs down UFC weird match up? Bisping vs Rivera

That was a weird match up to say the least? i mean Bisping is top level fighter, why did they bring in Rivera to fight him.

Is cardio was terrible, and he was out matched? i mean with all the talented fighters out there?

That might have been Rivera last chance in the UFC. Still poor guy got an illegal knee strike but even then he would have lost the fight.

dips is offline Junior Member
    i thought the same thing when i first seen the bought announced. i believe they were just trying to keep bisping busy and safely pad his win streak a bit; that way he would be one big win away from title contention. if the AS vs GSP match doesnt happen next AS will virtually have no1 left to fight at 185. with a bisping win, i think that puts him at a defeat of sonnen when he comes back or one over maia for a shot. i think it was more marketing than skill match up. i put bisping as more of a gate keeper roll at 185 than a contender, but the weight division needs some new faces at the top.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Agreed, so far its seems that the 185 pound division AS and for the 170 pound division GSP have no more competition. I really don't think Shields will beat GSP, not at 170 pounds, Shields is made to compete at 185, he is one amazing MMA fighter but last time is weight cut was way to drastic.

Yeah they need some new faces but be sure that its coming the way Dana White lay off guys after they lose.....

jay5 is offline Junior Member
    Sonnen will beat Bisping.. He needs to fight 2-3 good fighters before he even thinks he can stand up against Silva, maybe Okami, Marquart, hell even Franklin after his loss to Griffin at a catch weight 195 like he has done before just my opinion fella's

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Shows you what kind of guy Bisping is. All of us who are or have spar / train...we know what we can and can't do even when you get really into it.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    That was a weird match up to say the least? i mean Bisping is top level fighter, why did they bring in Rivera to fight him.

Is cardio was terrible, and he was out matched? i mean with all the talented fighters out there?

That might have been Rivera last chance in the UFC. Still poor guy got an illegal knee strike but even then he would have lost the fight.
    He got brought into lose and did. Bisping aka pillow fists has never beat great competition.

He will never hold a belt and at best will be a title match gate keeper.

fourloco is offline New Member
    Bisping is one of those guys just like Clay Guida. They will remain in the tops of their weight classes withouth ever winning a belt. the only way to beat AS is with a wrestler. Dan Henderson and Sonnen are the only 2 guys to win a round in the UFC against AS.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    i agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter View Post
    He got brought into lose and did. Bisping aka pillow fists has never beat great competition.

He will never hold a belt and at best will be a title match gate keeper.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    no way should you compare a guy like clay to bisping clay is a true warrior . heart of a lion . put on a hell of a show win or lose....
    Quote Originally Posted by fourloco View Post
    Bisping is one of those guys just like Clay Guida. They will remain in the tops of their weight classes withouth ever winning a belt. the only way to beat AS is with a wrestler. Dan Henderson and Sonnen are the only 2 guys to win a round in the UFC against AS.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cro View Post
    no way should you compare a guy like clay to bisping clay is a true warrior . heart of a lion . put on a hell of a show win or lose....
    definately x2

Thread Information