puzzler is offline New Member

gain weight and stay in shape?

alright so ive been wrestling for years now, 6 years more accuratly
    when im off season i normaly weigh 165 im alot stronger in terms of arms and legs but not in terms of cardio during the off season
    i took a break this year so i could gain muscle, i am a very avid runner, over the summer i ran 46 miles in one run
    i currently weigh 175 but i wanna climb up to 200 by the end of the year, but i dont wanna get fat or lose my cardio edge
    i used to run ten miles a day, but once i joined this site, members told me that i needed to stop that if i wanted to get higher test levels :/
    any advice on how to achieve my goals?

txnhb is offline Associate Member
    I can't find any actual study that shows running causes lower testosterone . It doesn't make sense to say that to me. How would running effect the endocrine system to cause lower testosterone production?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    gaining 25lbs in 1 year and keeping your cardio is going to be hard.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    gaining 25lbs in 1 year and keeping your cardio is going to be hard.
    Agreed 100%, i used to compete in TKD when younger was 170 pounds, took some time off and went into a major bulking cycle stopped TKD, was 210 pounds, had a very hard time with my cardio, i had to lose weight to at least 185 pounds to get back in the game.

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    Hey puzzler,
    When it comes to competing in a fighting sport, gaining weight will mean having to actually perform even more cardio and other endurance exercises in order to be able to retain your competitive edge. After I started competing in kickboxing and boxing, I gained twenty-five pounds and went up a weight class in boxing, while having to take on bigger, stronger kickboxers (the matches are based on weight individually). While I was more than enthused with my new-found power, I found myself losing a noticeable amount of endurance immediately. My coach starting annihilating me with more endurance training, and by increasing my caloric intake I not only maintained the weight, but I was also able to reattain my constitution. In summary, be prepared to train even harder.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by BBrian View Post
    Hey puzzler,
    When it comes to competing in a fighting sport, gaining weight will mean having to actually perform even more cardio and other endurance exercises in order to be able to retain your competitive edge. After I started competing in kickboxing and boxing, I gained twenty-five pounds and went up a weight class in boxing, while having to take on bigger, stronger kickboxers (the matches are based on weight individually). While I was more than enthused with my new-found power, I found myself losing a noticeable amount of endurance immediately. My coach starting annihilating me with more endurance training, and by increasing my caloric intake I not only maintained the weight, but I was also able to reattain my constitution. In summary, be prepared to train even harder.
    more muscle requires more oxygen
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    more muscle requires more oxygen
    Great point.

JAB1 is offline Member
    Yeah Its not easy. If you want to be competitive I wouldnt go up in weight. I fought at 145 and now that i dont compete Im at 170 and bulking but I wouldnt want to fight at say 175 bulked up against a 200pounder who cut. I have struggled with this for a while, I want to build muscle but goes against all my prior training. But, just for fun for me so Im enjoying gaining the weight, Im in just as good cardio shape. but gotta eat a shitload to keep it on!!

Thread Information