Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Armykid93

Thread: A question for those who have entered the ring

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    I just recently dislocated my shoulder and am wondering how many of you guys have competed in a fight having had some sort of major shoulder injury in the past.

Its one of my goals to one day compete. Sorry if i'm not using the correct slang, never really been part of the community.
    Last edited by Armykid93; 03-08-2013 at 01:02 PM.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i have torn my labrum and had surgery and have no issues
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Lol kinda makes my shoulder dislocation feel insignificant. I honestly was pretty worried but I think I'll still be able to do it, just gotta be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    i have torn my labrum and had surgery and have no issues
    No issues as in you can bench press on a flat bench with a barbell now? How long is the recovery period from a torn labrum surgery?

Calcium is offline Banned
    Ive had plenty of injuries, don't rush back in take your time and let it repair fully. Keep the stamina up

Quote Originally Posted by Calcium View Post
    Ive had plenty of injuries, don't rush back in take your time and let it repair fully. Keep the stamina up
    Thanks brotha

Calcium is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    Thanks brotha
    How'z it doing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Calcium View Post

How'z it doing now?
    Awesome. Healing up extremely well. I've got complete ROM already, it just hurts occasionally.

JJJJJ is offline New Member
    Dislocated my shoulder last year at training, 6 months later I was back in the ring. Still undefeated. But am currently on a break from competitive fighting, Just finished my first cycle, entering second week of pct . I'm not one who would compete while on gear. But for mass gain, its another story. I was really down after my injury.. But I still trained my muay thai, with one arm and two legs lmao. Dont let it keep you down!!

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJJ View Post
    Dislocated my shoulder last year at training, 6 months later I was back in the ring. Still undefeated. But am currently on a break from competitive fighting, Just finished my first cycle, entering second week of pct . I'm not one who would compete while on gear. But for mass gain, its another story. I was really down after my injury.. But I still trained my muay thai, with one arm and two legs lmao. Dont let it keep you down!!
    Lol damn nice man, you've got serious dedication
    Java Man likes this.

docjnsn is offline New Member
    Kind of late chiming in but was still competing after two shoulder surgeries so it can be done. Have you had an MRI yet? Pretty common to have a tear in a rotator cuff muscle after a disloation and like all injuries it heals better the earlier you catch it. Also if everything is good make sure to strengthen the shoulder as much as possible after an injury since you're now a lot more likely to dislocate it a second time or third...
    Good luc

Doc

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    So long that you got it back the way it was.You will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by docjnsn View Post
    Kind of late chiming in but was still competing after two shoulder surgeries so it can be done. Have you had an MRI yet? Pretty common to have a tear in a rotator cuff muscle after a disloation and like all injuries it heals better the earlier you catch it. Also if everything is good make sure to strengthen the shoulder as much as possible after an injury since you're now a lot more likely to dislocate it a second time or third...
    Good luc

Doc
    This was the second, the first was 2 and a half years prior. Thanks for the advice. No tear, or so they believe.

urapunk is offline New Member
    I used to fight a couple years back and dislocated my shoulder and what helped me a lot was doing a lot of shoulder exercises to strengthen the rotator cuff and stretch the shoulder muscles. They are very boring and you have to do them with light weights. But the end results will pay off.

Thanks for the advice brotha. I'll start adding that kind of stuff to my shoulder days

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    I just recently dislocated my shoulder and am wondering how many of you guys have competed in a fight having had some sort of major shoulder injury in the past.

Its one of my goals to one day compete. Sorry if i'm not using the correct slang, never really been part of the community.
    dislocated it 4 times now, limits me when lifting heavy overhead but not fighting or in training i.e pad, bag, spar etc

did you do any nerve damage when dislocating it?

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post

dislocated it 4 times now, limits me when lifting heavy overhead but not fighting or in training i.e pad, bag, spar etc

did you do any nerve damage when dislocating it?
    Nope, no real damage. I started lifting again yesterday really light and there's no pain at all, no soreness

Thread Information