Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DwinsChamps
    oh, okay then, thanks for clearing that up. I'll just assume in the future that when someone writes "Manchester" for their location they actually mean "New Zealand."

My bad, stee.
    What does the writer's location have to do with it?

You gotta admit - that map was funny!

stee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DwinsChamps
    oh, okay then, thanks for clearing that up. I'll just assume in the future that when someone writes "Manchester" for their location they actually mean "New Zealand."

My bad, stee.
    Ok i will accept that i am from europe. you will know as it s in my PF too, "european by birth welsh by the grace of god".
    but even if you say im supporting some one because he is from my part of the world... its not my part of the world really, as even thought it doesnt look like it, NewZealand is nearer to the USA than it is to the EU.

before you ask i know they are on opposite sides of the page, but the world its not flat any more.
    the story i heard was they got a load of paddys to build a few roads from one side to the other, (paddys meaning Irish people, hinting at navvies, before you say anything, my dad was a navvy and he told me so its definately true).
    if you can to imangie that you can go off one side of the page heading east, and come back on to the other side near america still heading east even thought you are actually as far west as you can go,
    oh yeah b4 i forget, east and west is a direction of travel, if you put your finger on the page and go up from there that will be north then if you go right, (right is the side of the body that the hand belongs to that will be touching the page, no it doesnt mean somthing is correct)
    ok right from there is east
    left from there is west. left being opposite to right,
    then if you head down from there you will be going south.
    you will know the page is correct when the writing is the correct way up.

This concept its not like the singularity in a black hole that supposedly creates a gateway to another time and another place in the universe i.e. a worm hole.
    Put please mate dont go in to that i really wouldnt expect you to understand that because you cant seem to grasp the fact that Jonah Lomu is not from Europe even if he was it dont mean i would support him, and im not from fukin Manchester!!!! saying that you probably do understand the latter explaination as you seem to be a bit of a space cadet!!!!
    TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!!
    Last edited by stee; 03-17-2006 at 05:04 AM.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    ROFL about your map stee! haaha

Iron Hyde is offline New Member
    Hey yall just wanna add my 2 cents, im more of a rugby league i play prop or 2nd row, more comparable to a linbacker shape and size, man i would step up and have a crack at Ray Lewis any day even Urlacher id love to see them play 80 minutes and tackle all day then get up and run the ball back, dont get me wrong i love the NFL they are awesome physical specimans actualy Urlacher is top o my list. anyway i think the league players are more comparable to nfl players.

stee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hyde
    Hey yall just wanna add my 2 cents, im more of a rugby league i play prop or 2nd row, more comparable to a linbacker shape and size, man i would step up and have a crack at Ray Lewis any day even Urlacher id love to see them play 80 minutes and tackle all day then get up and run the ball back, dont get me wrong i love the NFL they are awesome physical specimans actualy Urlacher is top o my list. anyway i think the league players are more comparable to nfl players.
    Amen, yeah i deffo got to agree with this man, at long last a man that knows about both sides of the argument, altho League is More comparable, Union has changed so much in the last 10 years, i think mostly due to the influence of League as i am sure you will agree.

Good to have you Iron Hyde

I played for 7 years in school grades 6-12, love the sport but didnt have time to play after high school because of work. One of my big regrets

Yeah bro rugny has changed sooo much, i actually played both but league is more confrontational.
    Rugy is a game that disputes posesion and the best at it wins, league is a game of territory and pressure and the best at it wins.
    There are restrictions on the way u can tackle in rugby and league so comparing the 2 with nfl is hard because anything goes. soo to answer the question who is the toughest or most athletic i think if the rugby and league players were paid as much trained as much and used as much gear as the nfl guys they would be comparable. i still rekon guys like lomu tallis and the newer guys like carl webb and jerry collins could hack it in the nfl if they were trained properly.

stee is offline Member
    Yeah bro rugny has changed sooo much, i actually played both but league is more confrontational.
    Rugy is a game that disputes posesion and the best at it wins, league is a game of territory and pressure and the best at it wins.
    There are restrictions on the way u can tackle in rugby and league so comparing the 2 with nfl is hard because anything goes. soo to answer the question who is the toughest or most athletic i think if the rugby and league players were paid as much trained as much and used as much gear as the nfl guys they would be comparable. i still rekon guys like lomu tallis and the newer guys like carl webb and jerry collins could hack it in the nfl if they were trained properly.
    there is sonthing about you guys from the southern hemisphere, i think most guys playing top league down there could hack it, i know Pro players ar massive but i saw Apollo perolini in manchester a few years ago, what an ox! and the likes of Lote Tuquiri, that guy is a beast, the double tackle he made on malcom o'kelly in landsdowne last autum, jesus i thought he had killed Mal he hit the ground so hard they had to stretcher him off, he was sparko for 10 mins, fine specimen of a modern rugby player, you think hes on any gear? i was talking with an ausie mate at xmas and he asked me the same thing.

stee is offline Member
    yeah i know how you mean confrontational too, mind you the place we use to play down the rhondda was pretty hairy, god knows what they would play league like.
    A mate told me that NZ was the dirtiest place to play union, so i guees league must be the same there too. lol

well bro i wouldnt say dirty we just play it all hard, my uncle played in italy and he got kiked in the back of the head and is now totally fuked so i think there are more dirtier places around not to mention the french tactics over the years.
    On the gear thing bro sure i think its around but not that much as opposed to the gear situation in the pro sports leagues in the states. It takes more than muscles to make a good player, but the more strength speed and stamina u get the better u can become, ive actualy played 1 game in the NRL so it shows there are guys out there using.

If we compare rugby and league to nfl i think there will be a fair bit of guys that could cross over here are a few of my thoughts on offence,
    only one person in rugby would make the offensive line and that would be andrew sheridan the prop from england oh and a tongan guy named philemon telefoni they are 6 5 and 6 6 each and sheridan is about 130 kg and telefoni would be 155, they are real kwik for big guys.
    Full back well this is a hard 1 but now i would put lomu there as he is big strong fast and can catch so is the best cadidate.
    Running back will be Maa Nonu in my book he is 110 kg fast as hell agile and can catch he is comparable to a lamont jordan hard as hell but will stand u up in a minute.
    Tight end well troy flavell comes to mind he is comparable to a jeremy shockey, he is the most aggressive man in world rugby.
    quarter back is something i cant see any rugby player playing not taught to throw forward.
    wide recievers any world class winger lote tuquri wendall sailor from aussie joe rokokkoko and rico gear from nz micheal tait and be cohen from england and not to mention any fijian from there sevens team. all exept gear are 6 2 or over and are race horses they are nimble and can catch.

stee is offline Member
    If we compare rugby and league to nfl i think there will be a fair bit of guys that could cross over here are a few of my thoughts on offence,
    only one person in rugby would make the offensive line and that would be andrew sheridan the prop from england oh and a tongan guy named philemon telefoni they are 6 5 and 6 6 each and sheridan is about 130 kg and telefoni would be 155, they are real kwik for big guys.
    Full back well this is a hard 1 but now i would put lomu there as he is big strong fast and can catch so is the best cadidate.
    Running back will be Maa Nonu in my book he is 110 kg fast as hell agile and can catch he is comparable to a lamont jordan hard as hell but will stand u up in a minute.
    Tight end well troy flavell comes to mind he is comparable to a jeremy shockey, he is the most aggressive man in world rugby.
    quarter back is something i cant see any rugby player playing not taught to throw forward.
    wide recievers any world class winger lote tuquri wendall sailor from aussie joe rokokkoko and rico gear from nz micheal tait and be cohen from england and not to mention any fijian from there sevens team. all exept gear are 6 2 or over and are race horses they are nimble and can catch.
    hourses for courses bro, hey you see any highlights of the Ireland England gamelast saturday? big john hayes destroyed andrew sheridan.
    but saying that he would be good on the offensive i see what you are saying, being able to bech 230kgs and all, hes over rated for rugby though, carl hymans was first to show him up
    Up the blacks.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    I played pro rugby for 10 years and recently retired. This is an age old discussion and you cant really compare the 2 sports as the energy systems are totally different.

The Americans will always say Football is #1 and the Rugby nations will say thats #1. At the end of the day all nations are passionate about their #1 sports and quite rightly so.

Bottom line, they cant really be compared

stee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    I played pro rugby for 10 years and recently retired. This is an age old discussion and you cant really compare the 2 sports as the energy systems are totally different.

The Americans will always say Football is #1 and the Rugby nations will say thats #1. At the end of the day all nations are passionate about their #1 sports and quite rightly so.

Bottom line, they cant really be compared
    Aint arguing with that, like comparing chalk and cheese.
    There is always discission for what if,
    like the all Ireland Gaelic football team playing the all Australia aussie rules team and visa versa one week at aussie rules the following week at Gaelic football.

you cant really compare any sport to any other, but you can compare the athletes.
    Last edited by stee; 03-23-2006 at 04:01 AM.

cool I was going to try and transfer to UT K...but they are kinda pricey for me(out of state tuition) Is MTSU any cheaper?

wow I just checked it is way cheaper...Thanks for the idea!

Stee...the school of MTSU has a DI rugby team...is it a good idea for me to start so high? should I just jump in? Ive learned from you that I cant just go in there and ram somebody...I have to know really technical things about tackling right?

stee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    Stee...the school of MTSU has a DI rugby team...is it a good idea for me to start so high? should I just jump in? Ive learned from you that I cant just go in there and ram somebody...I have to know really technical things about tackling right?
    no, i wouldnt say so. It al depends on the standard the team is, im not too sure about the Divisions in the US
    Anybody can practically walk in to any club and start training, it dont mean you will get to play tho. most clubs if big enough have a few teams, so you can come up through the ranks to the top team there.

Tackling is a technical side to the game, but dont get to technical about it. if you tackle some one who is too wise for you there is a good chance you will get knocked off him in the tackle, best and easiest way to tackle is from the side ofter a few times of dropping people you will get more confidence and then you will be hitting from all angles. biggest thing is leg power, if you dont have strong legs you will still bring him down but you wont be able to stay on your feet.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow how did I miss this thread.... after the season was over this year the rugby team would still play on an open field on campus and one day i walked up and wanted to play..... GOT MY ASS HANDED TO ME! went home with a black eye and a fat lip, but still wanted more.

so now i have been training with them and come fall I hope to play. Which is a D1 TEAM. No one here wants to play but everyone loves to watch, I love it. I have never found a sport that is so intense and so much fun. The agression and anger let out in practice, and then in the locker room be able to laugh about it is GREAT.

nate3422 is offline Member
    MTSU is a very nice school and very large, about 23,000 students. They have good tradition in rugby and a very competative team.

cb11mass is offline Junior Member
    Rugby player righht here just posted a question about training for it.
    Greatest sport i've ever played, played football my whole life and switched over in college, personaly i prefer it over football.

stee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb11mass
    Rugby player righht here just posted a question about training for it.
    Greatest sport i've ever played, played football my whole life and switched over in college, personaly i prefer it over football.
    what was the question you posted?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information