Kal-El is offline Associate Member

Jumpers knee/runners knee remedy?

Sup all. Been playing semi-pro football now for about 3 years and softball in the off season while lifting regularly. I have within the last year developed what I believe to be jumpers knee, any supplements or home remedys you all know of that I havent tried yet other than rest?

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    Glucosomine chondroiton is a good suppliment for your cartilage and joints. My doctor said two a day for a month, and then take one every day. i never thought the stuff worked very until i ran out of it, then my knees started bothering me a lot more.

rbehniwal is offline Associate Member
    Glucosamine works for sure. Many products i've seen for this type of problem contain glucosamine.

I started taking gluco with chondritin and msm last week, said it takes 4-6 weeks. I hope it helps. I want to start squatting again but with my knee like this its next to impossible because of the pain/weak feeling in my patella.

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    been on gluco/chond/msm for 3 months solid now and notice absolutely no difference..... except for a lighter wallet

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    time off worked for me.. and or i wrap for 3 weeks to give the muscle time to recover..

volleyball (all winter on gym floors) and softball just started again..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    time off worked for me.. and or i wrap for 3 weeks to give the muscle time to recover..

volleyball (all winter on gym floors) and softball just started again..
    how much time did you take off? i have fall football starting end of august and want to be ready for that. i have a patella band that i got from dirtmart aka walwart, but its not big enough for my calf and to get any real pressure on the tendon to make it feel better i have to damn near cut off my circulation. where did you get your wrap from or do you wrap it with cloth?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    he probably means he wraps with knee wraps. i have pain in my knees as well and i take naproxen or some form of pain reliever and i always do a dynamic warm up. after that my body is fine bc the adrenaline is pumping.

things such as adequan can help. there is also something else out like adequan but for the lifew of me i cant remember its name.

baller84 is offline New Member
    hey i play football and am hard on my knees as well and had the same problem and i know this sounds crazy but do wall sits every day for a month and empasize sitting low, add about 5-10 seconds on everyday and by the end of the month it will be better, i thought this was bs but my friend told me to do it and it worked, he said, and dont believe everything you hear, but the muscle that attaches to the tendon is very small and very hard to build up, and when you do squats and leg workouts and what not you build up the bigger muscels until the muscle that attaches to the tendon isnt able to make up for its lack of strength, wall sits apparently help build up this muscle... that is what he told me and me being the very skeptical person that i am wasnt sure if it was true or not, but as a last resort i tried this and sure enough it worked for me...

SHAGGY is offline Member

Hi there.

Hi there,

As was mentioned earlier you could use adequan, but this is a vet drug, if I am not mistaken a human alternative called AFLUTOP exist, and is supposed to work very wel. Hope uou will find a solution soon.

Hope I helped.

SHAGGY

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAGGY
    Hi there,

As was mentioned earlier you could use adequan, but this is a vet drug, if I am not mistaken a human alternative called AFLUTOP exist, and is supposed to work very wel. Hope uou will find a solution soon.

Hope I helped.

SHAGGY
    yea that was the other one. i just couldnt think of the name. both i have heard are great.

Quote Originally Posted by baller84
    hey i play football and am hard on my knees as well and had the same problem and i know this sounds crazy but do wall sits every day for a month and empasize sitting low, add about 5-10 seconds on everyday and by the end of the month it will be better, i thought this was bs but my friend told me to do it and it worked, he said, and dont believe everything you hear, but the muscle that attaches to the tendon is very small and very hard to build up, and when you do squats and leg workouts and what not you build up the bigger muscels until the muscle that attaches to the tendon isnt able to make up for its lack of strength, wall sits apparently help build up this muscle... that is what he told me and me being the very skeptical person that i am wasnt sure if it was true or not, but as a last resort i tried this and sure enough it worked for me...

Thanks dude. Im going to start today and see how it goes. I had to take off of softball this season because i want to be able to play Football in the Fall season (i play twice a year, Fall and Spring). You play semi-pro or college ball?

Thread Information