Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vj went down

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    thats bout right and its easy to get away with. i had a friend last yr and he was during the record keeping and timing he help my guys out- lol adding couple reps etc.. THATS BAD.
    hahah thats awesome. to tell you the truth my boy is from NJ so they are having local kids that go to the school work it as security and such. i wonder if they will be helping with the events and such.

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJEB2
    so say u do a volume of 300 on avg then it should be at around 225. that is alot higher than what u had urs at. because on avg u had yours around 320 so 75 of that is 240. so thats a whole 50 yards more than where you were at.

i dont think its alot bc u have so much rest really. i am gonna keep mine in that range.

yep bc when you have big drops like that it could cause problems with the athelte getting stale etc

JJEB2 is offline Member
    yep bc when you have big drops like that it could cause problems with the athelte getting stale etc
    yea and u want the gradual decrese to be consistent i would say. it doesnt help with the time frame that you have. but i would say you dont want to drop off too much but you want ur boy to be fresh and loose. i think the vol should be a lil higher to make it morew consistent but that is just me.

yea and u want the gradual decrese to be consistent i would say. it doesnt help with the time frame that you have. but i would say you dont want to drop off too much but you want ur boy to be fresh and loose. i think the vol should be a lil higher to make it morew consistent but that is just me.

lil off topic, but this guy is also a track guy like i said earlier and he is use to running meter vs yards, so 400yd of spped work for him is nothing bc hes use 500m or 400.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    lil off topic, but this guy is also a track guy like i said earlier and he is use to running meter vs yards, so 400yd of spped work for him is nothing bc hes use 500m or 400.
    true. but he isnt prepping his guys for 40s ya know. so its alil different right there as well.

true. but he isnt prepping his guys for 40s ya know. so its alil different right there as well.

but if he can handle more vol why not give it him, its only going to make his peak bigger. bc i really like to have somewhere btw 300-400yds

JJEB2 is offline Member
    but if he can handle more vol why not give it him, its only going to make his peak bigger. bc i really like to have somewhere btw 300-400yds
    well then ur drop will have to be constistent to make the peak consistent. that means the volume would have to be higher the last week. u dont want that drop too much remember. consistent

well then ur drop will have to be constistent to make the peak consistent. that means the volume would have to be higher the last week. u dont want that drop too much remember. consistent

more detail

JJEB2 is offline Member
    well when you go down in ur volume you dont wanta huge drop off as we spoke about. as you described it as a "stale" runner. think of a bell curve in these terms. the bell curve steadily increases and comes to a peak and then steadily declines at a similar pace but a little more and then levels off to remain constant and getting closer to the x axis. that is the best way to explain what i meant in that scenario. meaning you would want to keep the volume on the last week within a relatively similar number. to make more of a steady peak and then comming down from that peak. so the vol for 2 weeks prior is 400 so i would say u want a steady decrease around 300. thats why i think u probably should have started to decline two week prior and then they come right out of their peak and hit that 2 week mark. you follow? seems logically to me but tell me if i am making any sense here

well when you go down in ur volume you dont wanta huge drop off as we spoke about. as you described it as a "stale" runner. think of a bell curve in these terms. the bell curve steadily increases and comes to a peak and then steadily declines at a similar pace but a little more and then levels off to remain constant and getting closer to the x axis. that is the best way to explain what i meant in that scenario. meaning you would want to keep the volume on the last week within a relatively similar number. to make more of a steady peak and then comming down from that peak. so the vol for 2 weeks prior is 400 so i would say u want a steady decrease around 300. thats why i think u probably should have started to decline two week prior and then they come right out of their peak and hit that 2 week mark. you follow? seems logically to me but tell me if i am making any sense here

a lil, but im still lost kinda

JJEB2 is offline Member
    a lil, but im still lost kinda
    i just mean that u want constistency with the oincreasing of volume. u dont want to go up say 100 yards on volume one week and then 200 on the next. those numbers are high but i just want to get the point across. you also dont want to decrease volume by the same. you want it to steadily increase and steadily decline to make the training more smooth and u peak and dont suddenly drop the vol but gradually a few weeks out go down in volume by a standard number say by 50 yards.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    also there is a possibilty that i may change my combine date. the weather the whole week before in NJ is raining and the turf field is gonna be water logged and i am not putting my times in jeopardy for a shitty week of rain. i still have some variables to think about but there is a greAT possibilty i may be in Dallas for my combine.

i just mean that u want constistency with the oincreasing of volume. u dont want to go up say 100 yards on volume one week and then 200 on the next. those numbers are high but i just want to get the point across. you also dont want to decrease volume by the same. you want it to steadily increase and steadily decline to make the training more smooth and u peak and dont suddenly drop the vol but gradually a few weeks out go down in volume by a standard number say by 50 yards.
    thats one way to look at it.

also there is a possibilty that i may change my combine date. the weather the whole week before in NJ is raining and the turf field is gonna be water logged and i am not putting my times in jeopardy for a shitty week of rain. i still have some variables to think about but there is a greAT possibilty i may be in Dallas for my combine.

come on down.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    come on down.
    its expensive as **** to get down there and get a package. like 450 for the hotel and flight. but its in greater dallas and north texas is in denton which is a decent ride which will cost loot for taxi ect ect. i am still looking into it.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    also atl is a possibilty so we will see. atl is alot cheaper

its expensive as **** to get down there and get a package. like 450 for the hotel and flight. but its in greater dallas and north texas is in denton which is a decent ride which will cost loot for taxi ect ect. i am still looking into it.

if u get hotel early its cheap, my guys got there hotel for 95.00 and rental car for like 52

JJEB2 is offline Member
    if u get hotel early its cheap, my guys got there hotel for 95.00 and rental car for like 52
    its better to but the packages and they still come out to 418.

its better to but the packages and they still come out to 418.

goodluck.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    goodluck.
    yea thanks. at this point atl seems like the best bet bc its cheaper and the campus isnt to far from the hotel so less money

not ture.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    not ture.
    priceline has atl for 348 for a hotel and a roundtrip airline. dallas was 418 the lowest and the hotel is in dallas and the place is in denton so cab fare costs alot more and i am not 25 so i cant rent a car.

has ur vj gone back up

JJEB2 is offline Member
    has ur vj gone back up
    i havent been checking it due to not having a vertex. i am just gonna pray that it comes in the 35 range.

if all of ur cheat methods work u should be ok and if ur legs are not too fatigue when u get to the vj station.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    if all of ur cheat methods work u should be ok and if ur legs are not too fatigue when u get to the vj station.
    yea thats what i am hoping. prob goes 40, SS, then vert then bench.

yea thats what i am hoping. prob goes 40, SS, then vert then bench.

lb will probably go bp, vert.ss. 40, its diiff for each group

JJEB2 is offline Member
    lb will probably go bp, vert.ss. 40, its diiff for each group
    yea i thought about that after i posted bc i am sure they want to see the wr and rbs fresh so they will run the 40 first. if it goes like that then i know i will be warm for my 40s which i was a little nervous about bc of their warm ups.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information