Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vj went down

JJEB2 is offline Member

vj went down

my vj went down buckeye but i have been doing that workout that you game me. i am unsure if its bc its the day after my sprint workout and my legs are still sore as **** from saturdays workout but i am not getting as much air as i usually do. i have one week of training left and have been working on my technique but the whole thing is down

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJEB2
    my vj went down buckeye but i have been doing that workout that you game me. i am unsure if its bc its the day after my sprint workout and my legs are still sore as **** from saturdays workout but i am not getting as much air as i usually do. i have one week of training left and have been working on my technique but the whole thing is down
    that why i really dont like joe combine setup bc u lift legs on sat and he want you to do speed on mon come on. if you gonna train legs once thats ok but he could have set up better then that. yeh you are right you just did a heavy cns day yesterday and god knows what you been during the past weeks. i think you will be ok. what leg workout did i give you?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    that why i really dont like joe combine setup bc u lift legs on sat and he want you to do speed on mon come on. if you gonna train legs once thats ok but he could have set up better then that. yeh you are right you just did a heavy cns day yesterday and god knows what you been during the past weeks. i think you will be ok. what leg workout did i give you?
    bar squat jumps
    squats/bj
    power press
    iso lunge
    extensions
    pull throughs

bar squat jumps
    squats/bj
    power press
    iso lunge
    extensions
    pull throughs

if i was you i would probably do the other one now since you are getting close the one with the snatch dead4inblk and vertical jumps and speed squats, med ball etc.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    if i was you i would probably do the other one now since you are getting close the one with the snatch dead4inblk and vertical jumps and speed squats, med ball etc.
    yea i was thinking that as well. i have this saturday and then thats it till sunday

JJEB2 is offline Member
    do you teach your guys to raise their arms over there head then down past the hips. the same as the bj or do you just have them do an upward motion
    ?

do you teach your guys to raise their arms over there head then down past the hips. the same as the bj or do you just have them do an upward motion
    ?
    up then down

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i think it def has to be the soreness in my legs right now. i wasnt gettting the explosion i usually do and i wasnt warm at all. i may go back to the gym later and try to warm up and do a few

i think it def has to be the soreness in my legs right now. i wasnt gettting the explosion i usually do and i wasnt warm at all. i may go back to the gym later and try to warm up and do a few

i wouldnt rest, you really should try the espom salt bath for 20min in very hot water it works bro it only cost 3bucks

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i wouldnt rest, you really should try the espom salt bath for 20min in very hot water it works bro it only cost 3bucks
    u mean u would rest? in all honesty i was just showing some form to a couple of juniors going to a combine this weekend and did a few jumps.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i knew i should have just kept doing plyos like i usually do instead of ****in working on just form. **** that form isnt that hard. the plyos helped my shit get up there.

u mean u would rest? in all honesty i was just showing some form to a couple of juniors going to a combine this weekend and did a few jumps.

no need to lie bro

i knew i should have just kept doing plyos like i usually do instead of ****in working on just form. **** that form isnt that hard. the plyos helped my shit get up there.
    what kind of plyos were u doing, thats why we dont take one day and just focus on the vj

JJEB2 is offline Member
    no need to lie bro
    hahah i really am not. thats how i know the kid with the miami program is doing so well. they asked me how to do bj and vj and i showed them on the bball hoop. i was completely cold and i only could get 3 or 4 inches above teh rim and my reach is 7'7 so i put two and two together.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    what kind of plyos were u doing, thats why we dont take one day and just focus on the vj
    box jumps, depth jumps, hurdle jumps, bounding, jumping on high boxes, weighted box jumps... i had a pretty good routine going.

box jumps, depth jumps, hurdle jumps, bounding, jumping on high boxes, weighted box jumps... i had a pretty good routine going.

damn good plyos moves, myself i hate doing lots of low intensity plyos.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    my favorites are the high box jumps. i would use the stacks that the cardio bunnies use. i would stack up and work up doing sets ending up alittle below my chest and i would work on bringing up my hips and catching myself on the box. it did numbers on my vertical bc u really had to explode with the hands and legs to get up on the box.

have you always had a high vj or is it something you worked hard for.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    have you always had a high vj or is it something you worked hard for.
    kinda was always around 33-34 without any work. when i do work i can get alot higher.

kinda was always around 33-34 without any work. when i do work i can get alot higher.

so u r 36-38 when u do the tha plyo program

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so u r 36-38 when u do the tha plyo program
    when i went into my freshmen year i hit a team high 36" vert and that was doing a plyo day every once ina great while and it wasnt even intense. all iw as doing was squattin. no explosive lifts. nothing of that nature. i lifted like a bb bc this was 5 years ago and i was lost.

then i had a 32 comming straight out of ball with no plyo work and right out of the season.

about 12 weeks ago i tested on a pad and not a vertex at 33 without doing my program since 2 months before that. i started to do plyos and now it is down but so is my leg strength.

about 6-7 weeks ago i was at 36-37. i felt good. my legs felt good and i had a spring in my step.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    the 32 comming out of season was last year after the football season.

when i went into my freshmen year i hit a team high 36" vert and that was doing a plyo day every once ina great while and it wasnt even intense. all iw as doing was squattin. no explosive lifts. nothing of that nature. i lifted like a bb bc this was 5 years ago and i was lost.

then i had a 32 comming straight out of ball with no plyo work and right out of the season.

about 12 weeks ago i tested on a pad and not a vertex at 33 without doing my program since 2 months before that. i started to do plyos and now it is down but so is my leg strength.

about 6-7 weeks ago i was at 36-37. i felt good. my legs felt good and i had a spring in my step.
    lot of up and down.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so my plyo workout was sufficient enough?

now since i am two week sout should i just do away with plyos this and next week or should i just continue up until the combine and continue after for the next combine?

so my plyo workout was sufficient enough?

now since i am two week sout should i just do away with plyos this and next week or should i just continue up until the combine and continue after for the next combine?
    you should probably drop all high intensity plyos 2 week outs

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so on the snatch grip dl day should i take out the complex training/explosive movements?

so on the snatch grip dl day should i take out the complex training/explosive movements?
    those jumps are not high int, but i would drop complex training also, so yes drop it

i would probably just do 10 vj jump everyday spread through out.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i would probably just do 10 vj jump everyday spread through out.
    sounds good

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i am really concerned about this so i am gonna try to arch my back and put my ass out so i get a lower reach. it actually gives u a inch and a half.

i am really concerned about this so i am gonna try to arch my back and put my ass out so i get a lower reach. it actually gives u a inch and a half.

i never heard of that one, only the retraction of the shoulder blades

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i will try to explain it but i actually tested it myself.

its just like ur first movement when u squat. ur hips go back almost like u are pushing out ur ass. u arch ur back and push the belly out. this creates a huge difference.

what is the method that u learned?

i will try to explain it but i actually tested it myself.

its just like ur first movement when u squat. ur hips go back almost like u are pushing out ur ass. u arch ur back and push the belly out. this creates a huge difference.

what is the method that u learned?
    when they take your reach just try and pull your shoulder blades back and it will give you 1-2in by creating a shorter reach.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    when i do it i get severe pain in my lower and center of my back. its hard to detect as well esp withj teh shirts they will give us

JJEB2 is offline Member
    when they take your reach just try and pull your shoulder blades back and it will give you 1-2in by creating a shorter reach.
    yea i figured it out by the retraction part but i just did them both combined and i got 3 inches or so hahah. this actually makes me feel better.

yea i figured it out by the retraction part but i just did them both combined and i got 3 inches or so hahah. this actually makes me feel better.

damn 3in, hope u can get away with it, i think u will

JJEB2 is offline Member
    damn 3in, hope u can get away with it, i think u will
    the scapular retraction got me a whole 2 inches bro. that shit really works.

off topic i just remember that my friend said the week of the combine that mon which is the last speed day the vol should be 75% of the other days, dont u think thats alot.

the scapular retraction got me a whole 2 inches bro. that shit really works.

thats bout right and its easy to get away with.
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 05-10-2006 at 07:27 PM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so say u do a volume of 300 on avg then it should be at around 225. that is alot higher than what u had urs at. because on avg u had yours around 320 so 75 of that is 240. so thats a whole 50 yards more than where you were at.

i dont think its alot bc u have so much rest really. i am gonna keep mine in that range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information