Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Heat vs pacers who you going for?

Dee3152 is offline New Member

Heat vs pacers who you going for?

Series is 1 to 1 and I think heat take it in 5 games.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Heat agreed in 5

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    heat vs satan and i pick satan i hate the heat that much

now its 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by zaggahamma View Post
    heat vs satan and i pick satan i hate the heat that much

now its 2-1
    May I ask why?

one of those teams...started when they got the BIG 3 "dream team" (mainly lebron)and all the ego, etc.

cant stand lebrons mean muggin like he's a killer yet flops like a girl...the whine theyre getting fouled or didnt foul...the why me/not me/wasnt me face ...at times i swear the refs make favorable calls or not the other way...
    the way lebron and wade got caught making fun of dirk when he was sick(although i hated them before that as i said already) but the list just keeps piling on...

always thought wade was a class act but now dont like em..

good bunch of players dont get me wrong...u know just sometimes we dont like teams...

do u really think its odd to not like that team..i know your from sfla but ....
    Last edited by zaggahamma; 05-26-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Agreed cause I hate every NY team and others too.

But lets take Lebron for instance. What is wrong with him? Best player in the game bar none. He's humble, no cocky what so ever. He had no problem passing the ball. Look at his complete stats compared to the latest greats, Kobe, Jordan, he's killing those stats. I could go on. They don't play dirty, they just play their game. But to each their own.

Was just curious on someone else's perspective on haters lol. I see it all the time. Lebron may "flop" but can u name one player that doesn't. He's a very humble player. Just saying

thats funny i see right past that humble

i dont buy it for a minute....is that not cocky when he makes a good play/score and mean mugs like he's actually done something other than dunk a basketball...thats not humble to me...HES FAR FROM HUMBLE

i also feel he gets a way with traveling a lot and gets fouls called easily...LOVED GAME 2 this series when they finally opened their eyes...lmao

sorry...i just dont see it....yes...he does pass the ball i wont call him an iverson or mello....he's better than both those and if his bowlegged as% keeps up the stats yes he will contend for being a top player

BUT I STILL HATE HIS AS$

And always will

Hib and george need to man up in game 4 they got slack last night

DB1982 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post

But lets take Lebron for instance. What is wrong with him? Best player in the game bar none. He's humble, no cocky what so ever. He had no problem passing the ball. Look at his complete stats compared to the latest greats, Kobe, Jordan, he's killing those stats. I could go on. They don't play dirty, they just play their game. But to each their own.

Was just curious on someone else's perspective on haters lol. I see it all the time. Lebron may "flop" but can u name one player that doesn't. He's a very humble player. Just saying
    MJ never flopped. And Lebron wouldn't even have a ring had he not sell out to cheat and create a dream team.

You mean to tell me that if MJ, Bird , n Magic all joined one team with the sole intention to win a ring because they couldn't achieve it on their own team.
    That everyone would think its fine???

Give a break The whole Heat organization should be ashamed especially Wade n Lebron.

wade was there and got one on his own but i like the way your bringin it

lmao

lotta shame

shame in there game

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    May I ask why?
    Okay, I have to get in on this thread. There tend to be two reasons why fans hate the Heat. Either they are hypocritical, jealous fans of other big-market teams (e.g. Lakers, Knicks, etc.), or they are fans of teams that don’t rely on inflated payrolls (e.g. Spurs, Pacers, etc.).

The reason the NFL is so popular is not based entirely on the sport of American football itself, but it is the great parity that the league enjoys. When you have teams that are so rich that they can afford the luxury tax imposed on them in the NBA, it makes the game much more unfair. Many fans enjoy watching pure basketball that focuses on ball movement, defensive and offensive assignments, intelligent positioning and footwork (feetwork if you are Shaq) over teams that only play by way of superior athleticism.

Oh, and I predict the Heat will eliminate the Pacers in 6. By the way I do not like the Heat. I don't necessarily "hate" them, but I am certainly not a fan.
    Last edited by basketballfan22; 05-27-2013 at 12:40 AM.

one of those teams...started when they got the BIG 3 "dream team" (mainly lebron)and all the ego, etc.
    They are not the first, nor will they be the last team designed on those concepts.

cant stand lebrons mean muggin like he's a killer yet flops like a girl...the whine theyre getting fouled or didnt foul...the why me/not me/wasnt me face ...at times i swear the refs make favorable calls or not the other way...
    There is not a single star that doesn’t flop in some way. The referees have always played favoritism towards the stars of the NBA.

the way lebron and wade got caught making fun of dirk when he was sick(although i hated them before that as i said already) but the list just keeps piling on...
    Yeah, that was bullshit and tasteless.

always thought wade was a class act but now dont like em..
    I don't have a problem with him.

good bunch of players dont get me wrong...u know just sometimes we dont like teams...
    Lmao.

do u really think its odd to not like that team..i know your from sfla but ....
    Yeah, the Heat are similar to the Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, etc. in that there are A LOT of people who don't like them.

Credit to our good friend gbrice75 for this response style
    Last edited by basketballfan22; 05-27-2013 at 12:58 AM.
    gbrice75 likes this.

Whoa! Slow your role my man. While I do believe LeBron is on the path to being the greatest of all time (GOAT), he is by no means "killing" the stats of certain NBA greats (e.g. Jordan, Wilt, etc). This is one more reason fans tend to dislike the Heat: their fans are quite delusional (true for most fan bases). I won't say LeBron is cockier than he should be, but he is not as humble as you claim either.
    Last edited by basketballfan22; 05-27-2013 at 12:41 AM.

i also feel he gets a way with traveling a lot and gets fouls called easily...LOVED GAME 2 this series when they finally opened their eyes...lmao
    Traveling happens ALL the time in the NBA; LeBron is not the only one that gets away with it. I already addressed the fouling situation above.

Quote Originally Posted by DB1982 View Post
    MJ never flopped. And Lebron wouldn't even have a ring had he not sell out to cheat and create a dream team.

You mean to tell me that if MJ, Bird , n Magic all joined one team with the sole intention to win a ring because they couldn't achieve it on their own team.
    That everyone would think its fine???

Give a break The whole Heat organization should be ashamed especially Wade n Lebron.
    C’mon man, your comparison is EXTREMELY exaggerated. Bosh and Wade are light-years away from MJ, Bird, and Magic; so your analogy is pretty absurd. Also there have been other “Big 3s” that have failed (see the Lakers). There was nothing wrong with LeBron’s “decision”; it was the manner in which he made it that was bullshit. LeBron was drafted by a very small-market team in the Cleveland Cavaliers; and whether or not you want to admit it, the only way LeBron would be considered in the pantheon of all-time greats (number one, specifically) is if he won at least 3 titles. Like it or not, that would not happen in Cleveland. All of the greats you mentioned played for very large-market teams that are always in contention for championships (especially Boston and L.A.).

Here is a comparison of the rest of the starting lineups for the Bulls, Cavaliers, Celtics, and the Lakers during the reign of the players mentioned. You will see why Magic and Bird especially never had to leave in order to have a great shot at success.

Bulls: Ron Harper, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, and Luc Longley
    Cavaliers: Žydrūnas Ilgauskas, Drew Gooden, Sasha Pavlović, and Larry Hughes.
    Celtics: Nate Archibald, Cedric Maxwell, Kevin McHale, and Robert Parish
    Lakers: Byron Scott, James Worthy, A.C. Green, and just someone by the name of Kareem-freaking-Abdul-Jabbar (third greatest player ever in my opinion)

Clearly, both Magic and Larry had WAYYYYYYY better teams than LeBron had in Cleveland. LeBron was still able to take that team to the 2007 Finals where he ran into a little team by the name of the San Antonio Spurs. While Jordan’s team was far less talented than those of Magic and Larry, his team was still much better than LeBron’s Cavaliers. Sadly, the NBA is dominated by few teams; and even someone as great as LeBron can’t win it all by himself. Basketball is a team sport, not an individual one.

Oh, and MJ flopped too. You will be surprised at how much shit MJ did; yet people tend to have this obsession of him, so they are too blind to notice it.
    Last edited by basketballfan22; 05-27-2013 at 12:33 AM.
    hingey242 likes this.

Hib and george need to man up in game 4 they got slack last night
    Hibbert? Really? The man had 20 points, 17 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 blocks. While he could have shot the ball more efficiently, that is a pretty damn good game.

poison is offline Junior Member
    I think people just love to hate lebron. Yes, he fumbled his switch over to the heat with the dumbass "taking my talents to south beach" comment, but in terms of humility, he has definitely improved. He is honestly appears more mature now than most of the other superstars, and I think that's a function of all the shit he's taken.

In terms of his move from Cleveland, I don't really see anything wrong with it. He played well and hard for the team - taking them to the finals - and then made the decision to switch to another team that would be better for his career. Basketball players have been doing this for decades.

Anyway, I predict heat in 5, maybe 6. Then heat vs. spurs, with heat in 6, maybe 7.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    They are not the first, nor will they be the last team designed on those concepts.

There is not a single star that doesn’t flop in some way. The referees have always played favoritism towards the stars of the NBA.

Yeah, that was bullshit and tasteless.

I don't have a problem with him.

Lmao.

Yeah, the Heat are similar to the Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, etc. in that there are A LOT of people who don't like them.

Credit to our good friend gbrice75 for this response style
    lol yeh gbrice is good at the multi quote and i cant argue with what your saying/great points/accurate but i'm still at hate
    gbrice75 likes this.

Traveling happens ALL the time in the NBA; LeBron is not the only one that gets away with it. I already addressed the fouling situation above.
    i agree but it should only be called on him and renamed bowlegged traveling

Hibbert? Really? The man had 20 points, 17 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 blocks. While he could have shot the ball more efficiently, that is a pretty damn good game.
    well i wonder if i missed it or he got a lot after they were down 20 and i turned it off...i know he was good in game 2

ftw, didnt like lebron in cleveland...dont like the chalk throwing in the air...his career move i dont blame one iota though...i'm used to that being in orlando shaq/howard

i agree but it should only be called on him and renamed bowlegged traveling
    LMAO! You really do hate the guy. You think he is bowlegged? I never noticed it. I will have to look out for it in Game 4.

ftw, didnt like lebron in cleveland...dont like the chalk throwing in the air...his career move i dont blame one iota though...i'm used to that being in orlando shaq/howard
    I don't think he does the chalk toss anymore. Kevin Garnett was doing that way before LeBron too. I am sure that doesn't change your opinion of LeBron though, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Anyway, I predict heat in 5, maybe 6. Then heat vs. spurs, with heat in 6, maybe 7.
    Hey now! Don't count my Spurs out already. I am feeling pretty confident about our chances. This whole year (really the past 7 years) people have been writing us off.

lol yes i think he's bowlegged

i like the spurs and pops too

Sgtmiles is offline New Member
    Lebron may be cocky and I liked the chalk toss the first 50 times now not so much.
    The great things he does in the community in Cleveland and Miami when you consider since he was 15 he has been under a microscope.
    I feel that he has handles it well way better than I would so he has my respect and Heat in 6. Pacers are just way outmatched with Lebron in the paint posted up

"Maximus" is offline Anabolic Member
    So much Heat love lol!

Many players just hate a certain team either for jealousy/lack of talent on their team and/or for the personality some players display on/off the court sometimes.

In LBs case, the most predominant reason why many hate on him is based on how he orchestrated his exit out of Cleveland; he could have managed this differently but oh well. Lame how the human psychic works sometimes. However, the guy is nothing like Kobe, certainly he is not like MJ (arrogant to an extent on his treatment of certain team players during his tenure at Chicago) -just look up his HOF induction speech- shame on him, Paul Pierce (I really dislike him as a player), and the list goes on..

No one on the heat roster, to this day, hasn't made headlines for being complete jerks or by treating their team mates (given their stardom status across and beyond the league) in a condescending manner.

In regards the Pacers vs Heat series, if the Heat losses the series, well, it is what it is.. They'd better improve their slow-game as of late, but if they win, to those who don't like (for some reason the heat org and its players), don't hate and enjoy the games! I would love to see a Heat vs Spurs series.

I won't continue kicking a dead horse!

Not to sidetrack the thread further but........................

I'm just wondering now what the haters really are going to come up with next, once they run out of their usual ammo:

"The refs"
    "Stern"
    "LeBrick + his hair line"

44 ft attempts against 28, if I am not mistaken, during last night's game in favor of the pacers, and still they lost.

"Maximus" is offline Anabolic Member
    Man, where you been? Good to see that at least you're alive

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus";6555696]So much [COLOR="#FF0000
    [/COLOR]Heat love lol!

Many players just hate a certain team either for jealousy/lack of talent on their team and/or for the personality some players display on/off the court sometimes.

In LBs case, the most predominant reason why many hate on him is based on how he orchestrated his exit out of Cleveland; he could have managed this differently but oh well. Lame how the human psychic works sometimes. However, the guy is nothing like Kobe, certainly he is not like MJ (arrogant to an extent on his treatment of certain team players during his tenure at Chicago) -just look up his HOF induction speech- shame on him, Paul Pierce (I really dislike him as a player), and the list goes on..

No one on the heat roster, to this day, hasn't made headlines for being complete jerks or by treating their team mates (given their stardom status across and beyond the league) in a condescending manner.

In regards the Pacers vs Heat series, if the Heat losses the series, well, it is what it is.. They'd better improve their slow-game as of late, but if they win, to those who don't like (for some reason the heat org and its players), don't hate and enjoy the games! I would love to see a Heat vs Spurs series.

I won't continue kicking a dead horse!

Not to sidetrack the thread further but........................

I'm just wondering now what the haters really are going to come up with next, once they run out of their usual ammo:

"The refs"
    "Stern"
    "LeBrick + his hair line"

44 ft attempts against 28, if I am not mistaken, during last night's game in favor of the pacers, and still they lost.
    There you are! I am not a Heat fan or even a LeBron fan per se; so I shouldn't be the one defending him, lol! You are so right about Michael Jordan, but saying anything negative about MJ makes you an idiot to most people.

Michael Jordan arose during the perfect time. His supreme talent and athleticism made him an easy superstar during a time when the media was starting to have a huge impact; yet he played before this day and age where famous people can't take a shit in a bathroom without someone standing by it (Eminem). He enjoyed all the benefits of the media exposure without the drawbacks that exist today. People talk a lot of shit about Kobe and his attitude; yet MJ was WAYYY worse than him. Jordan once punched a teammate (Steve Kerr) in practice because he stood up for himself when Jordan was berating him. Can you imagine the media shitstorm that would occur if a major star like LeBron did that?

In addition to his bad attitude, Jordan also had a lot of luck on his side. We live in a world where we judge people not on their actions but the consequences of those actions (i.e. moral luck). Because Kerr made the three-point shot in Game 6 of the 1997 Finals, Michael was praised for his selflessness (it took him most of his career to finally trust his teammates, which unsurprisingly led to his championships) and great basketball intellect; yet when LeBron passes to a wide-open Haslem in the Eastern Conference Finals, he is scrutinized for not being "clutch" and not being "selfish enough." If Udonis had made the shot though, then LeBron would be commended.

Now I believe MJ may be the GOAT (Wilt is the other choice) right now, but the delusion that so many fans have of him is ridiculous. There were MANY flaws that MJ had both in his playing style and personality.
    Last edited by basketballfan22; 05-29-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by "Maximus" View Post
    Man, where you been? Good to see that at least you're alive
    lol...yeh we had some nba chats last year or 2 didnt we...lol...u made some good points in your prev post

no i still enjoy the games maybe even more

can u imagine hatin on a player so bad when they come back and play in a hof game or something and u hope the get hacked lmao

There you are! I am not a Heat fan or even a LeBron fan per se; so I shouldn't be the one defending him, lol! You are so right about Michael Jordan, but saying anything negative about MJ makes you an idiot to most people.

Michael Jordan arose during the perfect time. His supreme talent and athleticism made him an easy superstar during a time when the media was starting to have a huge impact; yet he played before this day and age where famous people can't take a shit in a bathroom without someone standing by it (Eminem). He enjoyed all the the benefits of the media exposure without the drawbacks that exist today. People talk a lot of shit about Kobe and his attitude; yet MJ was WAYYY worse than him. Jordan once punched a teammate (Steve Kerr) in practice because he stood up for himself when Jordan was berating him. Can you imagine the media shitstorm that would occur if a major star like LeBron did that?

In addition to his bad attitude, Jordan also had a lot of luck on his side. We live in a world where we judge people not on their actions but the consequences of those actions (i.e. moral luck). Because Kerr made the three-point shot in Game 6 of the 1997 Finals, Michael was praised for his selflessness (it took him most of his career to finally trust his teammates, which unsurprisingly lead to his championships) and great basketball intellect; yet when LeBron passes to a wide-open Haslem in the Eastern Conference Finals, he is scrutinized for not being "clutch" and not being "selfish enough." If Udonis had made the shot though, then LeBron would be commended.

Now I believe MJ may be the GOAT (Wilt is the other choice) right now, but the delusion that so many fans have of him is ridiculous. There were MANY flaws that MJ had both in his playing style and personality.
    well said

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Yu guys and those other sports. ...crazy mike

Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    Yu guys and those other sports. ...crazy mike
    "Other sports"? What the hell does that supposed to mean, lol? Don't tell me you are "one of those people" who only likes American football. LeBron James is a superior athlete to everyone in the NFL (Adrian Peterson is up there though).

"Other sports"? What the hell does that supposed to mean, lol? Don't tell me you are "one of those people" who only likes American football. LeBron James is a superior athlete to everyone in the NFL (Adrian Peterson is up there though).
    i thought he meant bodybuilding

sports is the best thing on tv as usual .....thats my reality tv

Dee3152 is offline New Member
    Yea the Dallas Cowboys could use lebron at wide receiver.

i thought he meant bodybuilding
    Oops! This may be sacrilege to admit here, but I am not into watching bodybuilding competitions. My knowledge is pretty limited. I know Arnold and Ronnie, and I only learned about Dorian because I joined this site. My interest in bodybuilding is purely for my own appearance, lol.

sports is the best thing on tv as usual .....thats my reality tv
    God, I hate reality TV shows, even though that is all that seems to be on nowadays. I am a huge sports fan too. My three favorite sports are basketball, American football, and MMA; and it is probably in that order. I enjoy other sports too though. One thing that I tend to differ on with most sports fans is that I enjoy the professional level more than the collegiate level.

Oops! This may be sacrilege to admit here, but I am not into watching bodybuilding competitions. My knowledge is pretty limited. I know Arnold and Ronnie, and I only learned about Dorian because I joined this site. My interest in bodybuilding is purely for my own appearance, lol.

God, I hate reality TV shows, even though that is all that seems to be on nowadays. I am a huge sports fan too. My three favorite sports are basketball, American football, and MMA; and it is probably in that order. I enjoy other sports too though. One thing that I tend to differ on with most sports fans is that I enjoy the professional level more than the collegiate level.
    Dude we r brothers split at birth

minus the mma...i NEVER watch college sports....like 15-20 years ago i watched a final 4 and thats the extent...always said i would want to watch a wresting type event if it were real and then mma came and i just never got into it....i'd watch it but i just dont...only seen a couple...there are some of us out there that dont like college sports but i just dont see how it allures anyone...funny i was just thinking about that today cuz a good old friend comments on facebook on college games and NEVER pro (basketball) he DOES however like /watch/comment on NFL?
    dont tell me...you dont watch the draft or participate in fantasy sports?

Dude we r brothers split at birth

minus the mma...i NEVER watch college sports....like 15-20 years ago i watched a final 4 and thats the extent...always said i would want to watch a wresting type event if it were real and then mma came and i just never got into it....i'd watch it but i just dont...only seen a couple...there are some of us out there that dont like college sports but i just dont see how it allures anyone...funny i was just thinking about that today cuz a good old friend comments on facebook on college games and NEVER pro (basketball) he DOES however like /watch/comment on NFL?
    dont tell me...you dont watch the draft or participate in fantasy sports?
    Well my interest in MMA started after I became interested in boxing. I am not quite as bad as you are though. I prefer professional sports over collegiate sports, but I still watch college basketball and football. I am only one year removed from college, and I love watching my school play. March Madness always sucks up my time too. I tend to only watch the big games in college football (e.g. Alabama vs. LSU) though. I NEVER watch any drafts, but I do participate in fantasy football (sorry, lol). I am part of a little league (12 members) with my buddies, and I can get pretty into it. I know that may be embarrassing to admit, but it can be pretty fun. Granted, I am the most successful coach in the league; so that probably makes it more fun for me.

Well my interest in MMA started after I became interested in boxing. I am not quite as bad as you are though. I prefer professional sports over collegiate sports, but I still watch college basketball and football. I am only one year removed from college, and I love watching my school play. March Madness always sucks up my time too. I tend to only watch the big games in college football (e.g. Alabama vs. LSU) though. I NEVER watch any drafts, but I do participate in fantasy football (sorry, lol). I am part of a little league (12 members) with my buddies, and I can get pretty into it. I know that may be embarrassing to admit, but it can be pretty fun. Granted, I am the most successful coach in the league; so that probably makes it more fun for me.
    lol...so i remain alone...

big game tonite!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information