Homeguard is offline Associate Member

I have never competed in bodybuilding but

have competed in powerlifing/ strength comps.

I am interested to see "if" I could cut up to a competitive level. I have no idea of where to look/read up on what I would need to do, diet etc.... so I could make it "Homeguard Specific". You never know I might even feel I could "have a go at competeing" next year.

Any of you guys/gals able to point me towards reading/research material, I would be very grateful

Cheers

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Start reading through logs and info here in this forum and post your diet to critiquing in the diet forum for starts. Then go to a show to see if you even are interested.

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    A good way to recieve advice is to post full body pics in order to be evaluated...then an approach for contest prep can be designed for you.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Start reading through logs and info here in this forum and post your diet to critiquing in the diet forum for starts. Then go to a show to see if you even are interested.
    Have read through logs/threads for individuals (eg Webb) and there diet is geared to them. What I'm after is things like, how do you know how low to go, how can youtell if you're holding water not fat etc..

I am definately interested, I have just never "looked into" it.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorherb
    A good way to recieve advice is to post full body pics in order to be evaluated...then an approach for contest prep can be designed for you.
    Will do that. Sounds like a good idea to get opinions on my physique.

Thanks to both of you for responding

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Talking to local competitors and going to shows and talking with competitors is always a great start as well, not to mention there are some great guys on here that have helped me out a lot on my journey.. best of luck.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    like ibd said, just talk to as many people as possible, most competitors that are vets, are often willing to help someone else with posing...dieting..etc. Good luck bro, bodybuilding is a life style and you wont regret making the switch

Cheers guys.

Watch this space for "Pics 2 Critique"

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    What did it for me was actually going to a competition. then and there you'll know if its for you or not. then you can tak eitfrom there. bu tin the mean time bulk your ass off lots of food heavy lifting and lots of sleep.

Thread Information