perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired

diet questions 5 weeks out.

<DIV id=post_message_>hey buddy hows you. I have been reading up on pre contest __________________
    This was a pm originally sent to Nark. He suggested I post these Qs in the open forum to get more feedback and share responses with others. All input appreciated.

Dangerdan is offline Senior Member
    I'm not seeing anything here beast?

oh dear ill post it again!!

hey buddy hows you. I have been reading up on pre contest . I am 5 weeks out from contest. At the moment I am consuming 200g carbs ED. I will be wanting to carb deplete and then load. I have read mikexxls thread about the week long carb load. My question is how should I be dropping carbs to deplete before the load and what is the timescale. I am also dropping all salt a week out and then salt loading either day before or day of contest any thoughts on this? Also diuretics should i use them and how should I best use them. I was planning on not using diuretics and relying on the salt deplete and load and a couple of glasses of wine the night before comp.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Get 550g carbs through out the day, dry oats and sweet potatoes
    meal 1- 150g
    meal 2-125g
    meal 3-100g
    meal 4-75g
    meal 5-50g
    meal 6-50g

this is what mikexxl gave me and it worked awesome...

Thanks webb (good to see you around BTW!) I understand the loading its the depleting im confused about. How long out should i start depleting and how low should i go and then when should i start loading. Also any advice on dirutetics Vs natural ways to shed water (salt deplete and load for example).

i was going to write everything out again but i found my last 14 day sched that mikexxl and i came up with....this is EVERYTHING man....if you have any questions bold the schedule and i will be on regualraly...

13 Days Sodium at 1000mg-1300mg from now till the end, do not mess with it
    Last day for eggs, turkey instead of chicken
    Sweet potato at 1:30 pm, 4:00pm and 1 for breakfast for 180g carbs

12 Days Sweet potato at 1:30 pm, 4:00pm and 1 for breakfast for 180g carbs

11 Days Sweet potato at 1:30 pm, 4:00pm and 1 for breakfast for 180g carbs

10 Days Sweet potato at 1:30 pm, 4:00pm and 1 for breakfast for 180g carbs

9 Days Sweet potato at 1:30 pm, only and 1 for breakfast for 150g carbs

8 Days Sweet potato at 1:30 pm, only and 1 for breakfast for 150g carbs
    Back waxing at 10am

7 Days Stop protein powder after pm training, last leg day
    Sweet potato at 1:30 pm only and 1 for breakfast for 150g carbs
    Spray tan level 2 at 10am

6 Days 1 sweet potato after am cardio and 1sweet potato before pm training for 150g carbs

5 Days Drink 2 diuretic tea
    1 sweet potato after am cardio and 1sweet potato before pm training for 150g carbs

4 Days Last ab and cardio day, Drink 2 diuretic tea
    1 sweet potato meal after am cardio for 150g carbs
    Get haircut 12pm

3 Days 2 diuretic tea, spray tan level 3 at 2pm
    1 sweet potato meal in the am for 150g carbs
    Carb depletion training at 6 pm

2 Days Get 550g carbs through out the day, dry oats and sweet potatoes
    meal 1- 150g
    meal 2-125g
    meal 3-100g
    meal 4-75g
    meal 5-50g
    meal 6-50g
    Stop water at 8 pm, light sips only till bed, Paint on Jan Tana

1 Days Take 50mg Diazide at 11am, 50mg at 7 pm, take 12.5-25mg at 3am
    Get 550g carbs, through out the day
    meal 1- 150g
    meal 2-125g
    meal 3-100g
    meal 4-75g
    meal 5-50g
    meal 6-50g

Showtime 5 am eat…egg omelet with cheese, pancakes with syrup, and 2 bite brownies
    Eat till full, and don’t over eat, relax and get psyched up for pre judge at Noon
    Eat 3 hours later turkey and sweet potatoes, then munch on oats with cherry pie filling every ½ hour before going on Banana’s and rice cakes with honey are good too.

that is the sched that got me from 282 to 235 on stage in 8 weeks...so it works for me, and my avatar is me on stage at 235....holding a bit of water, but i had 8 weeks, so should be better off for sure...also i am glad to be back...

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^ This was my reply to your PM PB:

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    hey buddy hows you.
    How're you holding up at the moment?

What's your weight and bodyfat percentage?

I have been reading up on pre contest diet. I am 5 weeks out from contest. At the moment I am consuming 200g carbs ED. I will be wanting to carb deplete and then load. I have read mikexxls thread about the week long carb load. My question is how should I be dropping carbs to deplete before the load and what is the timescale. I am also dropping all salt a week out and then salt loading either day before or day of contest any thoughts on this?
    Honestly they're mixed views on this.

Most top guys don't change anything in the last weeks. Whatever you do to get in shape is what you should continue doing straight up to the show. Very few guys can apply 'tricks' successfully. Salt loading and depleting is touchy. You'd have to experiment post-contest. Do a prime til you're in contest shape again..and then experiment with your look.

For now tho.. what i'd suggest is that you continue with your carb intake as is... High; med; 'low'... never going too low because then training intensity will drop as will muscle mass.

Gimme your stats as requested above and i'll make some suggestions.

Re: Sodium.

I keep my sodium constant tru-out...cept for the last 3 days.

7 days out.. i increase my water intake. and keep it very high til 2 days out.

2 days out.. i cut my sodium and i start to taper my water intake.

It isn't totally possible to eliminate sodium.. you'll still get a small amount from food. This will help keep you 'full' glycogen-wise. What you will avoid is adding sodium.. and avoid sodium rich foods.

When you drop your sodium and water.. you increase your potassium. Add 1 99mg tab 2 days out... two tabs one day out... and two on the day of the contest. You don't want to overdo it.. as you'll get dietary potassium up from potatoes which is the carb choice i'd suggest you carb up on. Too much potassium = heart distress.

Too little = cramping.

Re: Carbs

7 days out... drop your carbs to about 150 gr.

2 days out consume 2-2.5 gr per lb bodyweight.. and small amounts of protein

1 day out consume 1.5 gr per lb bodyweight..and small amounts of protein

Watch yourself from meal to meal..

If you start to blur definition-wise.. don't add anymore carbs for the day.

Look at yourself the morning of the day of the show to decide what your carb intake should be.

If you're flat.. have carbs and a very small amount of protein (15 gr).

If you're full... have a small sip of water and a small amount of protein... and go to sleep.

Keep your legs elevated.

Also diuretics should i use them and how should I best use them. I was planning on not using diuretics and relying on the salt deplete and load and a couple of glasses of wine the night before comp.
    Sorry PB

I refuse to use them.. I've never used anything stronger than a herbal diuretic.

I don't think they're necessary honestly.

I add 1-3 grams of dandelion root (or taraxatone: dandelion root extract) from 7 days out... and continue it straight up to the contest.

Hope that helps.

-Nark

Uconish is offline Member
    Webb, im curious as to what were your base carbs leading up to the show, prior to being 2 weeks out. The layout looks great, but you competed at 235, thats huge, i dont know PB's contest weight, but i compete in the middle's, so i dont think i would need nearly as many carbs as you would. Im guessing, aittle less than 2/3 of your amounts. Also, was your protein intake at this time high or did that cjange aswell? And the fats too? Thanks

hey man thanks for the props....my fats were 1tbsp flax in the am and one before bed up to 2 weeks out from 8 weeks out...protein was the same the entire time, like 4 chicken breasts a day and 20 egg whites everyday, i found it easiest to have the same everyday and not try and vary it at all...some people cant do it, i love it....as for the carbs they were around 200g ed up to 2 weeks out, i had to have them fairly low as this comp came up quick and i didnt have the time to diet like i should have when i had to drop 50 pounds, but i still won so i guess it worked out, lol....

also i wouldn't drop your carbs less than 150g that is the lowest i think any one should go for a long period like this...

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    jesus im starting to think getting "BIG" is the easy part of this sport lol this contest stuff seems incredibly detailed......good info tho webb i'll need to know this stuff within the next couple years btw good luck beast....what are ur stats now at 5 weeks out?

Uconish is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB
    hey man thanks for the props....my fats were 1tbsp flax in the am and one before bed up to 2 weeks out from 8 weeks out...protein was the same the entire time, like 4 chicken breasts a day and 20 egg whites everyday, i found it easiest to have the same everyday and not try and vary it at all...some people cant do it, i love it....as for the carbs they were around 200g ed up to 2 weeks out, i had to have them fairly low as this comp came up quick and i didnt have the time to diet like i should have when i had to drop 50 pounds, but i still won so i guess it worked out, lol....

Ive been doing something similiar to this already...where i will have a good amount of carbs on training days, and lower them on non training days, keeping fats and protein pretty much the same. As i begin to lower my carbs as the show approaches, im gonna drop my one cheat meal a week, and just have a re carb day, where i will take in double of what my base carbs are. I think this will conteract me getting flat, while stripping off fat. WHat do you think?

that sounds like a great plan, i love the droppin cheat me for a refeed/recarb day....if you have anymore question pm me and i will do what i can....lets not hijack the Beasts thread anymore, LOL....

Thread Information