CHAP is offline Anabolic Member

NPC Contest Question

Im going to get my NPC card in the next month and sign up for my 1st show.

I take 400 mg testc a week from my Dr. How will this effect me in a show. Or will I need to be clean for the NPC show?

Thanks in advance.

I would appreciate answers come from competitors.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Some NPC shows are "Natural" or tested others are not. You will need to check beforehand so you know what show to choose. If it is Natural it will likely say so in the title.

Thanks Bro . After I get my card and find the show. Im getting a contest prep trainer. And will post my progress for the forum.

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    awesome make a log so we can track it and see what people do for contest preps

always good to see something different, and learn

JMumf is offline Junior Member
    You can always just buy your card at the show during registration. That's typically what I do every year. What show are you shooting for.......the Metrolina???

Quote Originally Posted by JMumf View Post
    You can always just buy your card at the show during registration. That's typically what I do every year. What show are you shooting for.......the Metrolina???
    I see they went up again, $90!!

Yea man...........crazy isn't it? If you compete in more than one class you could spend close to $200 just to step onstage at a local show. It doesn't surprise me that alot of local shows are getting poor turnouts these days.

Thanks for the input guys. Sorry Im not on as often as I used to be. Im not sure how I will pic my show yet. I have some planning to do.

So I will need a card for each class I do? Damn.

NO......They charge you a one time fee for your NPC card ($90). That will qualify you to compete in NPC shows for that calendar year. However, each show requires a fee for each class you compete in. Sometimes they offer a discount if you're competing in multiple classes.

Quote Originally Posted by CHAP View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. Sorry Im not on as often as I used to be. Im not sure how I will pic my show yet. I have some planning to do.

So I will need a card for each class I do? Damn.
    First show...stick to one class.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    First show...stick to one class.
    It will be the novice class. Stick to that 1 only . You got it. I picked a show but still cannot tell if it is tested or not.

Its the SC Upstate Classic- August 7th Spartanburg . Its a NPC show. It is not a nationaal qualifier. I do not want to go up against some of those men in my 1st show.

If you can find out if that show is tested let me know

Thanks CHAP

Quote Originally Posted by CHAP View Post
    It will be the novice class. Stick to that 1 only . You got it. I picked a show but still cannot tell if it is tested or not.

Its the SC Upstate Classic- August 7th Spartanburg . Its a NPC show. It is not a nationaal qualifier. I do not want to go up against some of those men in my 1st show.

If you can find out if that show is tested let me know

Thanks CHAP
    Looks like you're good to go. I checked out the website and the show doesn't appear to be tested. Listen man........don't be worried about doing a show that's a national qualifier. Especially if you only plan on doing the novice class. National qualification only applies to the open classes anyway.

NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JMumf View Post
    Yea man...........crazy isn't it? If you compete in more than one class you could spend close to $200 just to step onstage at a local show. It doesn't surprise me that alot of local shows are getting poor turnouts these days.
    It's retarded, it pisses me off so bad that I dont even want to compete anymore. It's not about the competitors anymore, the shows are no longer fun.

arod8387 is offline New Member
    hey if a show is tested how does that work.do they test you beforehand or after.

Depends, I have been tested several times at NPC shows. Sometimes it was prior to prejudging after the competitors meeting and other times between prejudging and the night show.

Thread Information