sensaispike is offline Member

Oh boy, it looks like i have done it now!

Ok, so it looks like I messed around and earned myself a spot at NPC nationals this year in Atlanta GA. I am about 33-34 weeks out at this point and I am really starting to worry, I know the competition is going to be really tuff and I need to decide how to best get ready.

I had originally planned on doing 2 cycles to lead me up to the show, 1 bulker, and then time off equal to cycle and pct length, then one leading right up to the show. However I was using home brew and 2 weeks into my first cycle I got an infection in my right quad so I had to stop my cycle, I was just going auto clave my gear at the recommendation of some of the guys in the lab section but I have had some trouble doing so. Needless to say I am obviously way off schedule at this point, so I need some advice on how to get ready at this point.

The compounds I was going to use for these cycles was test E and D-bol for the first one and just test E for the 2nd one, I know these are not the compounds that some of you would use for show prep but it’s what I have.

Another issue that I have is I have only ever cut for a show like a natural bodybuilder, (this is because the only bodybuilders I know are natural), that is no gear, no diuretics, and an extended cut phase about 24 weeks. This got me in ok shape for the last show (it got me 2nd place in my class and a spot at nationals), but I see that most guys have a much shorter show prep and end up coming in harder and fuller than I did. Obviously I need to be in the best shape possible if I intend to step on stage with athletes of the caliber that will be at this show, so I am going to try and put my pride aside, accept the fact that I know nothing and ask humbly for any help you all can offer particularly Mike XXL, but also anyone else that can help.

Stats:

Age 28

Height: 5’6’’

Current weight: 182lbs

Weight of last show: 151lbs Or Maybe 155lbs, can’t remember, I was in the light weight class after 24 weeks of show prep.

Body Fat%: Not sure, I would guess but that leads to arguments, so I will try to get some pics.

I am not currently doing cardio and I am eating fairly clean with one cheat a week. I am taking in about 2500-2600 cals with a 34/45/21 ratio pro/carb/fat. I will post my full diet break down later as it will require some reformatting as I have it saved in an excel file.

I think I have pretty well provided all the info that is needed, and I am sorry for such a long post…..

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why bother with nationals? Why not do a smaller national level show. With all do respect you didn't even win your class at your regional event. You probably won't even get looked at down there.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    not to be negative but i agree with hank.

G502 is offline New Member
    Test E + Winstrol would be better for second cycle?

sensaispike is offline Member
    cool, yea good point..... if it is going to be hard or it is going to be a long shot why even try..... thats what i figured i would get back...... thanks.....

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    At Nationals guys who are 5'6 are either middleweights or light heavies. If you are competing as a lightweight at 5'6 you don't have nearly enough muscle to hang in that crowd. Don't feel bad, I am around 5'10 and compete in the low 190's, at my height I would need to be shredded at 220+ just to fit in, ain't gonna happen for me either.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    its going to be hard either way but fireguy made a really good point. dont set yourself up for failure.

Thread Information