dooie is offline Senior Member

Some help for a pre contest/photoshoot

Hey guys a few quick questions, I have a photoshoot in 5days and would like some help!

With training, should I train as normal all the way up to the shoot, including the day of the shoot (shoot is in the afternoon)
    Can anyone help me with suggestions to get a good pump just before the shoot? Curls, pushups? Etc

And what Are your thoughts on cutting water, if the shoots in the afternoon, what should I do the night before and during the day of the shoot,
    Your help is much appreciated!

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    I would handle it the same as a contest prep. Don't workout the day of or the day before. If you work legs do them first in the week light work out. Next day a push day light high rep. Then a pull day light high rep. Be drinking up to1.5-2 gal of water a day. Cut water 24 hrs out. Any movement with light weight or body weight to get a pump on each muscle group except legs and abs. They are not as defined pumped.. While your waiting sit with your legs up to keep blood out. Not out but you understand what I am saying. You can sip coffee the morning of its a diuretic. Are you dropping carbs then carbing back up? Maybe too late for this. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo
    I would handle it the same as a contest prep. Don't workout the day of or the day before. If you work legs do them first in the week light work out. Next day a push day light high rep. Then a pull day light high rep. Be drinking up to1.5-2 gal of water a day. Cut water 24 hrs out. Any movement with light weight or body weight to get a pump on each muscle group except legs and abs. They are not as defined pumped.. While your waiting sit with your legs up to keep blood out. Not out but you understand what I am saying. You can sip coffee the morning of its a diuretic. Are you dropping carbs then carbing back up? Maybe too late for this. Hope this helps
    Farrkkk! Thanks Cape, few more Q's
    When should I do my last Ab session? I've been dropping carbs for 2 weeks, only eating carbs after I work out now!! Tell me more about carbing up and when I should start back on the water before the shoot! Or not at all??

Cheers CB

The carbing up is a body thing. You don't know till you do it. I started carbing back up 2 days before. I think I would have looked fuller with 3 days. If you have to have water , the caps on top of a water bottle fill it and drink it. But don't do it a lot. You want to dry and grainy. I took a diuretic the night before. Don't ask what cause I don't know. Just took it as told. At this point don't worry about doing abs

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo
    The carbing up is a body thing. You don't know till you do it. I started carbing back up 2 days before. I think I would have looked fuller with 3 days. If you have to have water , the caps on top of a water bottle fill it and drink it. But don't do it a lot. You want to dry and grainy. I took a diuretic the night before. Don't ask what cause I don't know. Just took it as told. At this point don't worry about doing abs
    Thanks man!! What do your macros for carbs look like in your last week and in particular the last 2 days? If u don't mind??

What about cardio?? During the week? I really appreciate this man

Honestly i dont remember my buddy was helping me with the diet so he did most of the work and I followed . I didn't do any cardio the week of but I had met my weight and was under.

Thread Information