Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member

Looking for information on all the aspects of preparing for a bodybuilding comp.

Quick question to all you guys who compete.

Are there any printed instructions (for lack of a better word) either in an actual book, or as a web write up, PDF etc. where all the processes involved in competing are outlined?

I hope to compete next spring and have basically zero knowlege of changes in nutrition, cycle/compound changes, workout changes or even how to pose. I have a close friend who's been building forever who knows a couple of local guys who compete so I will probably seek out thier knowlege on posing sometime after december but would like to get all the knowlege I can on other areas and surely do not expect anyone here to type out all the information I will need on this forum.

Thanks in advance FFM

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Its a little dated but Arnolds Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding was good for me.

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I would start watching posing videos now and practicing. It helps with your physique and will make a huge difference when you finally get on the stage. I thought I practiced enough, but when I was going through the manditories in the comp, I wasn't able to hit the poses like I wanted. Everything went so fast, and before I knew it, I was already backstage..YouTube and bodybuilding.com will get you started. Good luck

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    NPC website. As above stated youtube manditories. Practice them 30 min a day. When working out say arms hit a double bi or tri between sets and hold it.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thanks guys,

Judged a show last week and quickly realized how important presentation can be. We had our winner who was 23 almost get beaten by a 52 year old because his posing was so poor, in all his poses both mandatories and his routine. He really only hit his legs well once the whole time. The funny thing was he had great legs...he just totally neglected to flex them while posing.

PS The show was sponsored by Bodybuilding.com....Thanks Guys!!

Thread Information