Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member

Want to start competing, need veteran advice please

What's up guys?

I've wanted to compete for sometime now, however I was dearly lacking the pure asthetics needed to do so. I feel as if I continue training hard, and dieting clean, I have the genetics to go to the stage. Ah, the feeling one must get when all eyes are on the individual and you present yourself in the most prestine form with excellent poses.

Attached are some pictures I posted in a different section of this forum a couple of months ago, feel free to offer some advice as well. I know, I don't have any leg pictures but they are of equal proportion. Here are my current stats (these pictures were about 5 lbs lighter).

weight:160
    Certified PT
    No cycle experience

Where can I get started with bodybuilding? I was thinking of competing in less than a year, before I turn 19 preferably. Am I in over my head, or is it a rather simple process?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Want to start competing, need veteran advice please-20120712_125030.jpg   Want to start competing, need veteran advice please-20120712_124757.jpg   Want to start competing, need veteran advice please-20120712_130830.jpg   Want to start competing, need veteran advice please-20120712_130742.jpg   Want to start competing, need veteran advice please-20120712_131412.jpg  

Want to start competing, need veteran advice please-imag0040-1-.jpg  
    Last edited by CMB; 09-08-2012 at 07:32 AM.

CMB
    ^ignore that sixth attachment, thats an old picture

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Do you have more specific questions? How do I get started is a little generic but some basic pointers would be as follows:

1. Decide how you're going to diet for your show. Come up with a base plan.

2. You could come up with a plan on your own or you could have someone help you do it. However you go about it, don't listen to a 100 different people. If you have someone helping you, listen to that person only. If you're listening to 100 people you'll get countless varying opinions and confuse yourself to death.

3. Have someone that can look at you every week and help you gauge your progress. Most people cannot see themselves objectively. Most people see themselves far worse or better than they actually are. The best person to look at you is the guy helping you with your diet so he can adjust the diet based on the progress you're making. If you're not having someone help you, find at least someone who understands what this type of progress is supposed to look like.

4. Don't get too worried about mass when you're dieting. Remember as an amateur the only concern is being conditioned. The best conditioning will win the show. Go to any local show and most of the super heavies, while they're big in real life they're typically fat for a bodybuilding stage.

5. Learn how to pose. Be able to hold each mandatory pose without shaking or twitching with a smile on your face. When you start your contest prep, a good plan is to practice your mandatory poses every single day. Try to get to where you can hold each pose perfectly for 30 seconds without shaking while smiling. Once you can, start shooting for 45 seconds, then shoot for a full minute. You'll probably never need to hold any pose that long at the actual show, but if you can pose perfectly for a full minute without shaking and do it just like the judges want you'll be ahead of most guys...especially if your conditioning is strong.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Lets see your legs.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

CMB
    I'm trying to figure out how to get started, how to find a contest and enter into it months out.

I'll put some leg pictures up.

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Google the different organizations to compete in and find a show that gives you some time to plan. You'll have to purchase a membership to the organization as well as entry to the show. As far as tan and posing trunks go, checkout bodybuilding.com. They usually have some decent deals. As mentioned above, pose, pose, and pose. When I was on stage, everything happened so fast. My posing could have been a lot better and cost me a higher placing.

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Check out the NPC site. They list all of their scheduled events. Thee are a few in my state. Good luck on your journey man. I'll be keeping track as I hope to hit my first comp next august.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    well i'd like to see a ban for lying about your age for 2.5yrs. i had your card marked to a T you little creep

Thread Information