Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By BG
  • 1 Post By Metalject
  • 1 Post By Metalject
  • 1 Post By Metalject
  • 2 Post By Metalject

Thread: Looking for woman bodybuilding tips?

Jenniferst78 is offline Female Member

Looking for woman bodybuilding tips?

I looking for tips and suggestions . I am currently with a trainer, but I am not sure if he is right for me ? only because I hear different ways to get best results? so I thought this would be a good place to start. and I guess it would be helpful if you knew my progress and goal!!

I just started in April 2013... 2 days a week , 3days a week, now 4 days a week! I am going to enter the Granite State Open October 2014!

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm not sure I understand your question. What is it you're doing 4 days a week? Are you asking for tips on your diet, gear or something else?

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your question. What is it you're doing 4 days a week? Are you asking for tips on your diet, gear or something else?
    and did you just start lifting in April of this year?

Sorry !!!!
    I am looking for any helpful info. diet, programs, anything to get me the best results possible!
    I have just started lifting weights in April of this year. I go to the gym and weight training 3- 4 days a week with 5 mins. cardio warm up. my diet is up and down, but not terrible.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Well for starters you need to get your diet dialed in where it becomes natural.....where it just normal eating to you. Because if you dont get that far with diet dedication, you will most likely not make it through a prep.Its the hardest thing you will probably ever do, eating so little and doing so much cardio....it will break you. So 1st thing, get your diet straightened out.

Now lets here what your trainer has you doing and what you think you may not like. Also, lets see what your diet looks like. As much info as possible, what your eating schedule is, does your job effect it, ect, ect.
    Jenniferst78 likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Well for starters you need to get your diet dialed in where it becomes natural.....where it just normal eating to you. Because if you dont get that far with diet dedication, you will most likely not make it through a prep.Its the hardest thing you will probably ever do, eating so little and doing so much cardio....it will break you. So 1st thing, get your diet straightened out.

Now lets here what your trainer has you doing and what you think you may not like. Also, lets see what your diet looks like. As much info as possible, what your eating schedule is, does your job effect it, ect, ect.
    What he said
    Jenniferst78 likes this.

What he said

530 4 egg whites
    1 cup spinach
    1 tps lecithin

800 1 med. grapefruit

1130 4oz. chicken
    2cups greens
    red bell pepper

200 protein shake

500 4/5oz white fish
    1cup greens
    1/2 sweet potato

800 protein shake

work outs...

right now I am doing super sets,
    bis , tris, with abs
    day off
    legs , shoulders, abs
    day off
    chest, back, abs
    start each work out 5 mins on the bike

hopefully that helps

1. Protein is a bit low.

2. The gap between meal 1 and meal 2 is too long. You should try to eat every 3hrs. I'm not counting your meal at 8 as a meal.

3. From looking at your pics, the goal should be to lean out a bit more now (I'm not saying you're fat) but get things tighter. You wouldn't necessarily need to contest diet, but I would do things a bit differently. When you say you're wanting to compete in 2014 are you specifically saying you want to compete in bodybuilding or are you shooting for figure or bikini? I only ask because sometimes people say "bodybuilding" but they specifically mean one of the other ones.

4. Your training, there really isn't a magical split out there that is the end all be all. However, as time goes by you'll find varying things work better for you than others. I was a high volume guy for years to my own detriment but didn't know any better, but you learn. Whoever you're working with, hopefully they can help you evolve your training and diet to fit you. Any trainer/coach that doesn't do this and just has set things he assumes work for everyone because he's had them work for someone else doesn't know what they're doing, so keep that in mind. You should always be progressing. It won't happen overnight but you should always be progressing. Yes, you will hit walls, but hopefully you can find ways past them.

5. Last note on the diet, I'd add more fat (good fat). Right now you're at almost zero fat, and there's no need for that now. It will only hurt you in the long run. Yes, you'll drop weight but fats have a lot to do with muscle support and repair. Overall I don't care for the diet. I've seen worse but at the same time I don't want to be too harsh as I don't know your full story. But it could be improved quite a bit.

Hope this helps. If not, feel free to scream
    Jenniferst78 likes this.

1. Protein is a bit low.

Between food and shakes I get about 200g a day

2. The gap between meal 1 and meal 2 is too long. You should try to eat every 3hrs. I'm not counting your meal at 8 as a meal.

ok what do you suggest I add or change the grapefruit too?

3. From looking at your pics, the goal should be to lean out a bit more now (I'm not saying you're fat) but get things tighter. You wouldn't necessarily need to contest diet, but I would do things a bit differently. When you say you're wanting to compete in 2014 are you specifically saying you want to compete in bodybuilding or are you shooting for figure or bikini? I only ask because sometimes people say "bodybuilding" but they specifically mean one of the other ones.

LOL! I its ok I know I'm not. A few years back I was 210lb so on top of needing to tone, I'm hoping my skin will retune to normal?!
    I am looking to enter a physique type category. My plan was to train my ass off and see were I end up!

4. Your training, there really isn't a magical split out there that is the end all be all. However, as time goes by you'll find varying things work better for you than others. I was a high volume guy for years to my own detriment but didn't know any better, but you learn. Whoever you're working with, hopefully they can help you evolve your training and diet to fit you. Any trainer/coach that doesn't do this and just has set things he assumes work for everyone because he's had them work for someone else doesn't know what they're doing, so keep that in mind. You should always be progressing. It won't happen overnight but you should always be progressing. Yes, you will hit walls, but hopefully you can find ways past them.

I think I'm at a wall now? work outs are sometimes very hard, and very tired some days?! (I figured bad diet?!)
    and yes I have to remember it wont happen over night... LOVE THE PROGRESS... (DLB)

5. Last note on the diet, I'd add more fat (good fat). Right now you're at almost zero fat, and there's no need for that now. It will only hurt you in the long run. Yes, you'll drop weight but fats have a lot to do with muscle support and repair. Overall I don't care for the diet. I've seen worse but at the same time I don't want to be too harsh as I don't know your full story. But it could be improved quite a bit.

OK what do you suggest or where can I find some ideas

Hope this helps. If not, feel free to scream
    Very helpful Thank you! I asked for help, you can't shoot the messenger!

1. From looking at the food you listed, I calculated around 100g of protein:

a. 1 egg white has 4g of protein - 4x4=16
    b. 4oz of chicken breast has around 25-30g
    c. Fish will be between 20-30 depending on the type of fish
    d. Protein shakes, you didn't say how much so I'm assuming around 20-25g like most of your meals

Based on that, daily protein intake would be 100-125g per day give or take.

2. You're not providing yourself much of an energy source, carbs and/or fats.

- A sample plan:

Meal 1: 3 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1/4cup oats
    Meal 2: 20-25g of whey isolate in water and 1tbsp of natural peanut butter
    Meal 3: 4-5oz chicken breast, 1oz raw almonds, 1cup green beans
    Meal 4: Same as meal 1 or 3 (mix and match, rotate)
    Meal 5: Same as meal 2
    Meal 6: 3egg whites, 2 whole eggs

That's around 1600-1700kcl per day, 130-140g of protein, 60-70g carbs, 80g or so of fat give or take...I'm not using my calculator.

I'm not saying "Do this" but your diet should look more like this. If you were a client of mine I'd have you start like this but it would definitely evolve as you progressed and with all diets there would be some trial and error but I think you'd be far more pleased in the long run.
    Jenniferst78 likes this.

1. From looking at the food you listed, I calculated around 100g of protein:

a. 1 egg white has 4g of protein - 4x4=16
    b. 4oz of chicken breast has around 25-30g
    c. Fish will be between 20-30 depending on the type of fish
    d. Protein shakes, you didn't say how much so I'm assuming around 20-25g like most of your meals

Based on that, daily protein intake would be 100-125g per day give or take.

2. You're not providing yourself much of an energy source, carbs and/or fats.

- A sample plan:

Meal 1: 3 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1/4cup oats
    Meal 2: 20-25g of whey isolate in water and 1tbsp of natural peanut butter
    Meal 3: 4-5oz chicken breast, 1oz raw almonds, 1cup green beans
    Meal 4: Same as meal 1 or 3 (mix and match, rotate)
    Meal 5: Same as meal 2
    Meal 6: 3egg whites, 2 whole eggs

That's around 1600-1700kcl per day, 130-140g of protein, 60-70g carbs, 80g or so of fat give or take...I'm not using my calculator.

I'm not saying "Do this" but your diet should look more like this. If you were a client of mine I'd have you start like this but it would definitely evolve as you progressed and with all diets there would be some trial and error but I think you'd be far more pleased in the long run.

Thank you ! it is a good place to start! this is all still new to me, I was someone that only ate once a day and had an endless supply of coffee!

One more piece of advice and I should have mentioned this earlier. If you've hired someone to help you, listen to that person and that person only. If you start mixing and matching a bunch of random things a bunch of other people are saying you can start second guessing yourself and the person you've hired and that just makes a mess. In the past, I've had competitors tell me that they're going to work with me on this part of their diet and someone else on another. Believe it or not I've had this happen several times and each time I say no thanks, I don't think we're a good fit. If things don't go well and they almost never will when you do it that way, I don't want that person to feel like I've let them down or given them bad advice because I didn't, they weren't taking my full advice.

Now if you feel that the person you're working with isn't a good fit for you, in that case it's time to drop him/her and find someone else but don't stick with them half heartedly.
    Jenniferst78 and GirlyGymRat like this.

One more piece of advice and I should have mentioned this earlier. If you've hired someone to help you, listen to that person and that person only. If you start mixing and matching a bunch of random things a bunch of other people are saying you can start second guessing yourself and the person you've hired and that just makes a mess. In the past, I've had competitors tell me that they're going to work with me on this part of their diet and someone else on another. Believe it or not I've had this happen several times and each time I say no thanks, I don't think we're a good fit. If things don't go well and they almost never will when you do it that way, I don't want that person to feel like I've let them down or given them bad advice because I didn't, they weren't taking my full advice.

Now if you feel that the person you're working with isn't a good fit for you, in that case it's time to drop him/her and find someone else but don't stick with them half heartedly.

Thank you. It makes sense! I just want to be the best of my potential!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Jenn - healthy fats are avocado, nuts, coconut oil. Here's a link to a sticky in the nutritional forum.
    http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...ent-chart.html

Wishing you the best and please keep us updated!

thank you Girly, I am making progress on my diet . and I definitely will keep up on the updates. I'm going today to see my trainer , he should have a new routine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Jenn - healthy fats are avocado, nuts, coconut oil. Here's a link to a sticky in the nutritional forum.
    http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...ent-chart.html

Wishing you the best and please keep us updated!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    your welcome and I do hope you hit me with a pm and give us an update. I know you are making changes to your lifestyle....you go girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferst78 View Post
    thank you Girly, I am making progress on my diet . and I definitely will keep up on the updates. I'm going today to see my trainer , he should have a new routine for me.

Thread Information