Jwez is offline New Member

Youngster who wanna compete

Hey guys, i'm 18 yo i've been training properly for a couple of months. ( so yeah i'm a newbie ). Actually i'm leaving in the uk, i'm about to go to a university with low entry requirements ( so no prestigious future). When i was young i've practised a couple of sports ( soccer, kung fu, boxing ) until my 16th birthday. I've never loved any of those sports i was practising em to kill the time. But when i dicovered bodybuilding, it amazingly changed my life. I swear by it, i love this kind of lifestyle, every day that god make i'm thinking about my meals/macros, training routine, i've taken a gape year so i have all the time and no excuses to build a hard and solid foundation, i'm reading quite a lot on the net / forums, i've bought books...
    I've to say that i'm kinda wasteman, i ain't good at anything except soccer, but i quite long time ago so no way to turn pro. But like i said bodybuilding is making me happy, i've nevr felt so good, stopped playing video games 24/7, feel confident, feel great even though i'm not a beast. I was a skinny fat, joint smoker, alcohol drinker, junk food eater so you understand that i'm quite happy with all thoses changes, it might happened to you. ( Sorry to bother you with all my story but i've never spoken to someone like that before, it feels good)
    My older sister is in cambridge, my brother is a pro soccer player , my parents are quite proud of them. That kind of shit makes me feel like a rejected son lmao. I want to do something of my life and the only thing i'm good at is building muscles ^^. I'm thiking about being competing in a couple of years( 5-6 when i'll probably reach 25), so right now i'm building a proper foundation, i'm bulking ( small surplus cuz i was askinny fat) and i'll start cutting the first of may until august.
    Recently i went to my home town for vacation in my old country ( Algeria - North Africa) joined a gym, and i've been talking to some guys that laughed at me when i said that i wanna be a competitor. Recently i've been talking to my oldman about that, and he seems okay, he told me that he's here to support me financially for food, supplements and gear if necessar ( think is a must). I've seen also the current Algerian champion ( 4 times on a row) and i've to say that even though i don't have freaking genetics if i train hard, i know that i can be on the throne for years
    I need help guys, i don't know how to start. I tried to talk to the guy who's actually running the gym in algeria, he's bulshiting me all the time and he tried to sell me Dbol and a gainer called Hard mass.
    I dont want to screw my self up so that's why i'm asking bare people. Thanks a lot, i'd really appreciate if someone help me. Cheers

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I understand your excitement. I was nuts about bodybuilding all through my late teens and 20's...probably more than I should be. It's a hard life, that's for sure. But you actually have to love it...makes the hard fun. And I've said this before...if you're doing it because you think it'll help you with girls, social standing or some other weird reason, you won't last.

Anyway I don't know what your question is but I hope things go well for you.

Thread Information