Results 1 to 36 of 36
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By kelkel
  • 2 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By Metalject
  • 1 Post By BG
  • 2 Post By Metalject
  • 1 Post By kelkel

Thread: 18 weeks out and counting

  1. #1
    dontevenbother is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20

    18 weeks out and counting

    hey guys, currently 18 weeks out from my first npc physique show. gonna try to update this as i go.

    18 weeks out and counting-18weeksout.jpg18 weeks out and counting-10458100_10100184127509211_3691849868286154477_n.jpg18 weeks out and counting-legs.jpg

    currently 5'8, 175lbs, 28 years old
    diet looks like:

    meal one:
    - 1/4 cup oat bran, 1/2 cup cherries, 1.5 cups egg whites w/ 2 yolks, 1 tbsp peanut butter
    meal two:
    - 1 cup brown rice, veggies, 1 can tuna, 1 tbsp coconut oil
    meal three:
    - 1 cup brown rice, veggies, 6oz chicken, 1 tbsp coconut oil
    meal four (post workout):
    - 10 gummy bears, 1/2 isopure rtd shake
    meal five:
    - 1.5 cups white rice, 1 cup egg whites
    meal six:
    - 6 oz chicken, 1 tbsp peanut butter


    current training split is:
    sunday - legs
    monday - chest/tris
    tuesday - back/bis
    wednesday - rest
    thursday - shoulders
    friday - chest/back/arms
    saturday - rest

    hitting calves hard 3x a week. cardio at just 2x a week, 20 min HIIT on spin bike

    not taking any supplements (besides shake PWO), running 500mg test c. keeping gear usage minimal during this prep. depending on how lean i get in 10 weeks, might add masteron and winny leading up to show.

  2. #2
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    PM me and I will send you my macro calculator. it will really help you dial in your nutrition plan.

    wish you well in the comp mate. Looks like you've been hard at work

    ---Roman

  3. #3
    dontevenbother is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20
    i appreciate it but thats why i hired a coach. been getting great results off the diet already. thanks though

  4. #4
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,208
    Doing a lot of work on Friday. May want to tweak that now that your cals are lowering.

  5. #5
    dontevenbother is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20
    this is what my friday looks like:

    bench - 5x3
    wide grip pulldowns - 5x5
    one arm db rows - 4x6
    db floor press - 4x9
    cable curls - 4x9

    my other days are higher volume.

  6. #6
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    for this far out you are in good shape, keep it up and you will look great...good luck bro!

  7. #7
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,591
    "Physique" as in board shorts competition or bodybuilding? I'm hoping you say BB'ing as you have potential.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  8. #8
    dontevenbother is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    for this far out you are in good shape, keep it up and you will look great...good luck bro!
    thanks a lot man, im excited to see how everything goes. this is the leanest ive ever been haha

  9. #9
    dontevenbother is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    "Physique" as in board shorts competition or bodybuilding? I'm hoping you say BB'ing as you have potential.
    the shit with board shorts. this is based on the judgment of my contest prep coach and my posing coach (who is an npc judge). i want to compete in BB in the future, but rather wait til im out of the lightweight division.

  10. #10
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,591
    You'd do fine in a BB'ng contest. Don't sell yourself short and remember, someone takes first place in the lightweight division every time. May as well be you. And it's not all about size. Conditioning and balance will win out over size that lacks the aforementioned items.

    Whatever you choose, best of luck.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  11. #11
    dontevenbother is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    You'd do fine in a BB'ng contest. Don't sell yourself short and remember, someone takes first place in the lightweight division every time. May as well be you. And it's not all about size. Conditioning and balance will win out over size that lacks the aforementioned items.

    Whatever you choose, best of luck.
    thanks a lot man, appreciate it. my friend who is competing in the same show doing womens physique wants to also compete in mixed pairs with me, so that might happen.

  12. #12
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is online now The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    22,929
    Now that's a nice physique. Well done.

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  13. #13
    dontevenbother is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Now that's a nice physique. Well done.
    thanks man, means a lot

  14. #14
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,591
    Quote Originally Posted by dontevenbother View Post
    thanks a lot man, appreciate it. my friend who is competing in the same show doing womens physique wants to also compete in mixed pairs with me, so that might happen.
    Get some good pics contest day and post them in this thread please. Mixed pairs? They still do that?
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  15. #15
    dontevenbother is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Get some good pics contest day and post them in this thread please. Mixed pairs? They still do that?
    will do. and yeah lol, no one ever does it but its still offered

  16. #16
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    great way to place first if no one does it...LOL...you look good keep all of us posted Bro....and keep the pictures coming so we can let you know if you are on track for the show...

  17. #17
    dontevenbother is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20
    18 weeks out and counting-17weeksout1.jpg18 weeks out and counting-17weeksout2.jpg

    getting leaner. 17 weeks out.

  18. #18
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,591
    Looking good! Still think you're wasting your time with the board shorts stuff.
    MIKE_XXL and almostgone like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  19. #19
    dontevenbother is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Looking good! Still think you're wasting your time with the board shorts stuff.
    haha thanks man, i just honestly dont think im big enough to be competitive for this particular show. definitely in the future.

  20. #20
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,591
    And I'm hoping that's not your mixed pairs partner. If so, she's butt ugly.
    BG and almostgone like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  21. #21
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    I have to agree with everyone else, bodybuilding all the way. Most any physique show I've seen the judges would tell you you're too hard...at least in those pics you are. Too hard, too vascular and too muscular. All good things, except for physique - I know, this world makes no sense, lol!

    BTW, what's the show? The way you're talking I'm guessing it must be a really big one, but there aren't too many really, really big NPC shows out there that aren't national level and most have already happened this year. So which one is it???
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

  22. #22
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    I agree with all, go BBing, you look great for 18 weeks out i believe you can do damage there...

  23. #23
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is online now The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    22,929
    I didnt thinking Danny Bonaduce was still body building.......Cool you guys are friends !
    dontevenbother likes this.

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  24. #24
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by dontevenbother View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17weeksout1.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	151634Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17weeksout2.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	151635

    getting leaner. 17 weeks out.
    You know what's funny about this pic? You're 17wks out and the guy that just won the overall at Jr. Nationals a week ago, well I think you're harder.

    18 weeks out and counting-tj.jpg
    MIKE_XXL and dontevenbother like this.

  25. #25
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,591
    Do you think that guy's ^^^ "ever" done a calf raise?
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  26. #26
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Do you think that guy's ^^^ "ever" done a calf raise?
    We can't all live on the calf machine like you, lol! But to answer your question, I'm going to lean towards no.

  27. #27
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    haha!

  28. #28
    hawk14dl's Avatar
    hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,592
    Bro skips leg day. Lol

    I agree with them, your wheels need to shine. Let Em show

  29. #29
    dontevenbother is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    And I'm hoping that's not your mixed pairs partner. If so, she's butt ugly.
    i told her not to run all that tren

  30. #30
    dontevenbother is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    I have to agree with everyone else, bodybuilding all the way. Most any physique show I've seen the judges would tell you you're too hard...at least in those pics you are. Too hard, too vascular and too muscular. All good things, except for physique - I know, this world makes no sense, lol!

    BTW, what's the show? The way you're talking I'm guessing it must be a really big one, but there aren't too many really, really big NPC shows out there that aren't national level and most have already happened this year. So which one is it???
    its the Seven Feathers show in southern oregon. Oct 18th

  31. #31
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by dontevenbother View Post
    its the Seven Feathers show in southern oregon. Oct 18th
    You can often tell how big (number of competitors, not importance - all shows hold the same level of importance if they're not national, meaning you either can or cannot qualify for nationals at that show) an amateur show is by the number of figure classes there are, this one goes from A-I so that's a butt load of people. I noticed they also split the men's physique into two categories, so they must be expecting a lot of guys (no homo). So from there I went and looked at last years results, tons of figure and bikini competitors, 144 in all not counting Masters classes. But in bodybuilding, only 3 lightweights in the open and only 4 in the novice class. Once again, I say bodybuilding

  32. #32
    dontevenbother is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    You can often tell how big (number of competitors, not importance - all shows hold the same level of importance if they're not national, meaning you either can or cannot qualify for nationals at that show) an amateur show is by the number of figure classes there are, this one goes from A-I so that's a butt load of people. I noticed they also split the men's physique into two categories, so they must be expecting a lot of guys (no homo). So from there I went and looked at last years results, tons of figure and bikini competitors, 144 in all not counting Masters classes. But in bodybuilding, only 3 lightweights in the open and only 4 in the novice class. Once again, I say bodybuilding
    yeah youre totally right. im at 175 right now so i think that will put me in middleweight when its all said and done. i think ill compete in both.

  33. #33
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,591
    Quote Originally Posted by dontevenbother View Post
    yeah youre totally right. im at 175 right now so i think that will put me in middleweight when its all said and done. i think ill compete in both.
    Skip that board shorts crap, dammit.
    almostgone likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  34. #34
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is online now The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    22,929
    ^^^ha!

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  35. #35
    dontevenbother is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20
    18 weeks out and counting-71314back.jpg18 weeks out and counting-71314front.jpg

    14 weeks out. Weight up 9lbs in the past 2 weeks but still drying out.

  36. #36
    JinAustin's Avatar
    JinAustin is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    58
    Nice! looking awesome man, I'm not huge into the BB world but I'd say your too big for physique! Keep it up

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •