Results 1 to 28 of 28
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MIKE_XXL
  • 1 Post By tice1212

Thread: muffins on prep

  1. #1
    tice1212's Avatar
    tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,562

    muffins on prep

    So I have been following a bunch of Chris aceto's athletes and he has them doing one or two chocolate chip muffins before training. Can some tell me why he is having them eating muffins 5-4 weeks out from the Arnolds? And why muffins?

  2. #2
    73rr's Avatar
    73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,764
    I would assume it's because of a carb source. Before lifting u want carbs (as u know).

    I don't have a clue y he would do that 4 weeks out.

  3. #3
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    I will make an assumption its pre workout carb meal, few other things to consider, what did the other meals leading up to this meal look like (i would guess on the lower carb side)? Whats their post work out meal? These guys are top level athletes with genetics greater then most of us, they will be chemically enhanced, i would also guess insulin is part of this strategy as well. Most people can get away with just about anything in pre & post work out meals, the body will absorb the required nutrients, at the end of the day all carbs are broken down to glucose in the body and used in the energy cycle.
    DCI likes this.

  4. #4
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    One thing i would like to add i would think it would be a specific muffin with specific fat content, as a lot of muffins have high level of fat content and its not what you would want for a post insulin shot. Does it mention what where the muffin is from? I often have nutrtigrain bar or two pre training or sometimes even hard candy while training. Its calculated amount to fit the nutrient requirements for the specific meal.

  5. #5
    tice1212's Avatar
    tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    I will make an assumption its pre workout carb meal, few other things to consider, what did the other meals leading up to this meal look like (i would guess on the lower carb side)? Whats their post work out meal? These guys are top level athletes with genetics greater then most of us, they will be chemically enhanced, i would also guess insulin is part of this strategy as well. Most people can get away with just about anything in pre & post work out meals, the body will absorb the required nutrients, at the end of the day all carbs are broken down to glucose in the body and used in the energy cycle.
    Im going to assume that all of there other meals are pretty low carbs. Just figured there was something behind his madness. If ur on Instagram type in hashtag #teamaceto and u will see some of his athletes having muffins pre training. Chris is a nutrition guru so I just figured it was something special. Lol... As far as I know their normal muffins.

  6. #6
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    nothing special just carbs pre work out with insulin ...LOL...it sounds very special thou and high tech...haha!

  7. #7
    SlimmerMe's Avatar
    SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA and many other places
    Posts
    11,408
    Question is: what's in the muffin?
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

  8. #8
    Mp859's Avatar
    Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    They are fat free muffins for whatever that's worth

  9. #9
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    There you have it, high carb meal with insulin pre work out for improved pump and recovery. more os less back loading with all other meals low carbs and strategic placement of carbs for maximum results and muscle retention...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    They are fat free muffins for whatever that's worth

  10. #10
    tice1212's Avatar
    tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,562
    Here is a picture. This dude is 3 weeks out. I don't think they are fat free

    muffins on prep-forumrunner_20160215_130659.jpg

  11. #11
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    Its a local body builder lives 30 minutes away form me and actually trains one of my friend, uses same muffin trick with him...LOL...nothing magical just carbs with fats pre training...its all about micros distribution, its right around the training and negative impact will be negligible at best...plus Regan is extremely genetically gifted athlete i beleive hes only 23 with this level of development. Also he is doing Arnolds Amateurs...just FYI...

  12. #12
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    ...and he is sponsored by same company my wife and i used to be sponsored by for number of years...

  13. #13
    Mp859's Avatar
    Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    ...and he is sponsored by same company my wife and i used to be sponsored by for number of years...
    and he works with aceto as well

  14. #14
    tice1212's Avatar
    tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    Its a local body builder lives 30 minutes away form me and actually trains one of my friend, uses same muffin trick with him...LOL...nothing magical just carbs with fats pre training...its all about micros distribution, its right around the training and negative impact will be negligible at best...plus Regan is extremely genetically gifted athlete i beleive hes only 23 with this level of development. Also he is doing Arnolds Amateurs...just FYI...
    Wow what a small world lol.. Yeah he is 23 he is a freak. Okay this makes more sense. Now since he is having a muffin with carbs and fats insulin probably wouldn't be in his protocol at this moment then right. Yeah I knew he was doing the Arnold classics I was just being lazy in writing it lmao. Plus Jose Raymond does the same thing with a couple of other pros. Just figured it was weird why a muffin would be used instead of something else lmao. Thanks for the insight big mike
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    i would also guess insulin is part of this strategy as well.
    4-5 weeks out? Do people do insulin that close to a show?

  16. #16
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    If used and timed properly, yes they do.

    Quote Originally Posted by oldnsedentary View Post
    4-5 weeks out? Do people do insulin that close to a show?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    741
    I learn something new every day. I had no idea.

  18. #18
    tice1212's Avatar
    tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,562
    More muffins lmao sorry i just find it so crazy that muffins are the prep craze right now

    muffins on prep-forumrunner_20160219_172629.jpg



    muffins on prep-forumrunner_20160219_172611.jpg

  19. #19
    Mp859's Avatar
    Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by tice1212
    More muffins lmao sorry i just find it so crazy that muffins are the prep craze right now <img src="http://forums.steroid.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=161994"/> <img src="http://forums.steroid.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=161993"/>
    All the people are pepped by the same guy brotha.

  20. #20
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    LOL, i guess if you like muffins hire Chris Aceto...LMOA! for 2500.00 per prep or more...expensive muffins...

  21. #21
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,506
    Because muffins taste awesome?

    /thread.

  22. #22
    ironhardempress is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    12
    i make some pretty tasty protein muffins with muscle egg, quest protein, whole eggs, and oatmeal flour. If anyone wants the recipe i can post it

  23. #23
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    So does pu$$y but it doesn't get you big....LOL.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Because muffins taste awesome?

    /thread.

  24. #24
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    Yes please post the recipe...i love me muffins...

    Quote Originally Posted by ironhardempress View Post
    i make some pretty tasty protein muffins with muscle egg, quest protein, whole eggs, and oatmeal flour. If anyone wants the recipe i can post it

  25. #25
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,506
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    So does pu$$y but it doesn't get you big....LOL.....
    Well, maybe temporarily...

  26. #26
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    So does pu$$y but it doesn't get you big....LOL.....
    This is dead wrong, one part of my body gets big at first glimpse of pu$$y....

  27. #27
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    4" is not big....LMAO!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    This is dead wrong, one part of my body gets big at first glimpse of pu$$y....

  28. #28
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    4" is not big....LMAO!
    Hehehe... Seem I hit you at a soft spot

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •